August 27, 2013

From Gary... Bible Reading and Study August 27




Bible Reading and Study    
August 27


The World English Bible

Aug. 27
Psalms 7-10
Psa 7:1 Yahweh, my God, I take refuge in you. Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
Psa 7:2 lest they tear apart my soul like a lion, ripping it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
Psa 7:3 Yahweh, my God, if I have done this, if there is iniquity in my hands,
Psa 7:4 if I have rewarded evil to him who was at peace with me (yes, if I have delivered him who without cause was my adversary),
Psa 7:5 let the enemy pursue my soul, and overtake it; yes, let him tread my life down to the earth, and lay my glory in the dust. Selah.
Psa 7:6 Arise, Yahweh, in your anger. Lift up yourself against the rage of my adversaries. Awake for me. You have commanded judgment.
Psa 7:7 Let the congregation of the peoples surround you. Rule over them on high.
Psa 7:8 Yahweh administers judgment to the peoples. Judge me, Yahweh, according to my righteousness, and to my integrity that is in me.
Psa 7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous; their minds and hearts are searched by the righteous God.
Psa 7:10 My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart.
Psa 7:11 God is a righteous judge, yes, a God who has indignation every day.
Psa 7:12 If a man doesn't relent, he will sharpen his sword; he has bent and strung his bow.
Psa 7:13 He has also prepared for himself the instruments of death. He makes ready his flaming arrows.
Psa 7:14 Behold, he travails with iniquity. Yes, he has conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
Psa 7:15 He has dug a hole, and has fallen into the pit which he made.
Psa 7:16 The trouble he causes shall return to his own head. His violence shall come down on the crown of his own head.
Psa 7:17 I will give thanks to Yahweh according to his righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of Yahweh Most High.
Psa 8:1 Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth, who has set your glory above the heavens!
Psa 8:2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength, because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
Psa 8:3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
Psa 8:4 what is man, that you think of him? What is the son of man, that you care for him?
Psa 8:5 For you have made him a little lower than God, and crowned him with glory and honor.
Psa 8:6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands. You have put all things under his feet:
Psa 8:7 All sheep and cattle, yes, and the animals of the field,
Psa 8:8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, and whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
Psa 8:9 Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
Psa 9:1 I will give thanks to Yahweh with my whole heart. I will tell of all your marvelous works.
Psa 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in you. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psa 9:3 When my enemies turn back, they stumble and perish in your presence.
Psa 9:4 For you have maintained my just cause. You sit on the throne judging righteously.
Psa 9:5 You have rebuked the nations. You have destroyed the wicked. You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
Psa 9:6 The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin. The very memory of the cities which you have overthrown has perished.
Psa 9:7 But Yahweh reigns forever. He has prepared his throne for judgment.
Psa 9:8 He will judge the world in righteousness. He will administer judgment to the peoples in uprightness.
Psa 9:9 Yahweh will also be a high tower for the oppressed; a high tower in times of trouble.
Psa 9:10 Those who know your name will put their trust in you, for you, Yahweh, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Psa 9:11 Sing praises to Yahweh, who dwells in Zion, and declare among the people what he has done.
Psa 9:12 For he who avenges blood remembers them. He doesn't forget the cry of the afflicted.
Psa 9:13 Have mercy on me, Yahweh. See my affliction by those who hate me, and lift me up from the gates of death;
Psa 9:14 that I may show forth all your praise. In the gates of the daughter of Zion, I will rejoice in your salvation.
Psa 9:15 The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made. In the net which they hid, their own foot is taken.
Psa 9:16 Yahweh has made himself known. He has executed judgment. The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands. Meditation. Selah.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned back to Sheol, even all the nations that forget God.
Psa 9:18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the poor perish forever.
Psa 9:19 Arise, Yahweh! Don't let man prevail. Let the nations be judged in your sight.
Psa 9:20 Put them in fear, Yahweh. Let the nations know that they are only men. Selah.
Psa 10:1 Why do you stand far off, Yahweh? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
Psa 10:2 In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak. They are caught in the schemes that they devise.
Psa 10:3 For the wicked boasts of his heart's cravings. He blesses the greedy, and condemns Yahweh.
Psa 10:4 The wicked, in the pride of his face, has no room in his thoughts for God.
Psa 10:5 His ways are prosperous at all times. He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight. As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them.
Psa 10:6 He says in his heart, "I shall not be shaken. For generations I shall have no trouble."
Psa 10:7 His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression. Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity.
Psa 10:8 He lies in wait near the villages. From ambushes, he murders the innocent. His eyes are secretly set against the helpless.
Psa 10:9 He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush. He lies in wait to catch the helpless. He catches the helpless, when he draws him in his net.
Psa 10:10 The helpless are crushed. They collapse. They fall under his strength.
Psa 10:11 He says in his heart, "God has forgotten. He hides his face. He will never see it."
Psa 10:12 Arise, Yahweh! God, lift up your hand! Don't forget the helpless.
Psa 10:13 Why does the wicked person condemn God, and say in his heart, "God won't call me into account?"
Psa 10:14 But you do see trouble and grief. You consider it to take it into your hand. You help the victim and the fatherless.
Psa 10:15 Break the arm of the wicked. As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none.
Psa 10:16 Yahweh is King forever and ever! The nations will perish out of his land.
Psa 10:17 Yahweh, you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart. You will cause your ear to hear,

Psa 10:18 to judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that man who is of the earth may terrify no more. 

The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.

Psalms


Psalms 7 1
Yahweh, my God, I take refuge in you. Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
{Shiggaion of David, which he sang to Jehovah, concerning the words of Cush the
Benjaminite.} Jehovah my God, in thee have I trusted: save me from all my pursuers, and
deliver me;
`The Erring One,` by David, that he sung to Jehovah concerning the words of Cush
a Benjamite. O Jehovah, my God, in Thee I have trusted, Save me from all my
pursuers, and deliver me.
Psalms 7 2
Lest they tear apart my soul like a lion, Rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
Lest he tear my soul like a lion, crushing it while there is no deliverer.
Lest he tear as a lion my soul, Rending, and there is no deliverer.
Psalms 7 3
Yahweh, my God, if I have done this, If there is iniquity in my hands,
Jehovah my God, if I have done this, if there be iniquity in my hands;
O Jehovah, my God, if I have done this, If there is iniquity in my hands,
Psalms 7 4
If I have rewarded evil to him who was at peace with me (Yes, I have delivered him who
without cause was my adversary),
If I have rewarded evil to him that was at peace with me; (indeed I have freed him that
without cause oppressed me;)
If I have done my well-wisher evil, And draw mine adversary without cause,
Psalms 7 5
Let the enemy pursue my soul, and overtake it; Yes, let him tread my life down to the earth,
And lay my glory in the dust. Selah.
Let the enemy pursue after my soul, and take [it], and let him tread down my life to the
earth, and lay my glory in the dust. Selah.
An enemy pursueth my soul, and overtaketh, And treadeth down to the earth my
life, And my honour placeth in the dust. Selah.
Psalms 7 6
Arise, Yahweh, in your anger. Lift up yourself against the rage of my adversaries. Awake for
me. You have commanded judgment.
Arise, Jehovah, in thine anger; lift thyself up against the raging of mine oppressors, and
awake for me: thou hast commanded judgment.
Rise, O Jehovah, in Thine anger, Be lifted up at the wrath of mine adversaries, And
awake Thou for me: Judgment Thou hast commanded:
Psalms 7 7
Let the congregation of the peoples surround you. Rule over them on high.
And the assembly of the peoples shall encompass thee; and for their sakes return thou on
high.
And a company of peoples compass Thee, And over it on high turn Thou back,
Psalms 7 8
Yahweh administers judgment to the peoples. Judge me, Yahweh, according to my
righteousness, And to my integrity that is in me.
Jehovah shall minister judgment to the peoples. Judge me, Jehovah, according to my
righteousness, and according to mine integrity which is in me.
Jehovah doth judge the peoples; Judge me, O Jehovah, According to my
righteousness, And according to mine integrity on me,
Psalms 7 9
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, But establish the righteous; Their
minds and hearts are searched by the righteous God.
Oh let the wrong of the wicked come to an end, and establish thou the righteous [man];
even thou that triest the hearts and reins, the righteous God.
Let, I pray Thee be ended the evil of the wicked, And establish Thou the righteous,
And a trier of hearts and reins is the righteous God.
Psalms 7 10
My shield is with God, Who saves the upright in heart.
My shield is with God, who saveth the upright in heart.
My shield [is] on God, Saviour of the upright in heart!
Psalms 7 11
God is a righteous judge, Yes, a God who has indignation every day.
God is a righteous judge, and a ·God who is indignant all the day.
God [is] a righteous judge, And He is not angry at all times.
Psalms 7 12
If a man doesn`t relent, he will sharpen his sword; He has bent and strung his bow.
If one turn not, he will sharpen his sword; he hath bent his bow and made it ready,
If [one] turn not, His sword he sharpeneth, His bow he hath trodden -- He
prepareth it,
Psalms 7 13
He has also prepared for himself the instruments of death. He makes ready his flaming arrows.
And he hath prepared for him instruments of death; his arrows hath he made burning.
Yea, for him He hath prepared Instruments of death, His arrows for burning
pursuers He maketh.
Psalms 7 14
Behold, he travails with iniquity; Yes, he has conceived mischief and brought forth falsehood.
Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, yea, he hath conceived mischief, and brought forth
falsehood:
Lo, he travaileth [with] iniquity, And he hath conceived perverseness, And hath
brought forth falsehood.
Psalms 7 15
He has dug a hole, And has fallen into the pit which he made.
He digged a pit, and hollowed it out, and is fallen into the hole that he made.
A pit he hath prepared, and he diggeth it, And he falleth into a ditch he maketh.
Psalms 7 16
The trouble he causes shall return to his own head. His violence shall come down on the crown
of his own head.
His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violence shall come down upon his
own pate.
Return doth his perverseness on his head, And on his crown his violence cometh
down.
Psalms 7 17
I will give thanks to Yahweh according to his righteousness, And will sing praise to the name
of Yahweh Most High. Psalm 8 For the Chief Musician; on an instrument of Gath. A Psalm by
David.
I will praise Jehovah according to his righteousness, and will sing forth the name of
Jehovah the Most High.
I thank Jehovah, According to His righteousness, And praise the name of Jehovah
Most High!
Psalms 8 1
Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth, Who has set your glory above the
heavens!
{To the chief Musician. Upon the Gittith. A Psalm of David.} Jehovah our Lord, how
excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy majesty above the heavens.
To the Overseer, `On the Gittith.` A Psalm of David. Jehovah, our Lord, How
honourable Thy name in all the earth! Who settest thine honour on the heavens.
Psalms 8 2
From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength, Because of your adversaries,
that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou established praise because of thine
adversaries, to still the enemy and the avenger.
From the mouths of infants and sucklings Thou hast founded strength, Because of
Thine adversaries, To still an enemy and a self-avenger.
Psalms 8 3
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, The moon and the stars, which you
have ordained;
When I see thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and stars, which thou hast
established;
For I see Thy heavens, a work of Thy fingers, Moon and stars that Thou didst
establish.
Psalms 8 4
What is man, that you think of him? The son of man, that you care for him?
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
What [is] man that Thou rememberest him? The son of man that Thou inspectest
him?
Psalms 8 5
For you have made him a little lower than the angels, And crowned him with glory and honor.
Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and
splendour.
And causest him to lack a little of Godhead, And with honour and majesty
compassest him.
Psalms 8 6
You make him ruler over the works of your hands. You have put all things under his feet:
Thou hast made him to rule over the works of thy hands; thou hast put everything under
his feet:
Thou dost cause him to rule Over the works of Thy hands, All Thou hast placed
under his feet.
Psalms 8 7
All sheep and oxen, Yes, and the animals of the field,
Sheep and oxen, all of them, and also the beasts of the field;
Sheep and oxen, all of them, And also beasts of the field,
Psalms 8 8
The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, And whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
The fowl of the heavens, and the fishes of the sea, [whatever] passeth through the paths of
the seas.
Bird of the heavens, and fish of the sea, Passing through the paths of the seas!
Psalms 8 9
Yahweh, our Lord, How majestic is your name in all the earth! Psalm 9 For the Chief
Musician. Set to "The Death of the Son." A Psalm by David.
Jehovah our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
Jehovah, our Lord, How honourable Thy name in all the earth!
Psalms 9 1
I will give thanks to Yahweh with my whole heart. I will tell of all your marvelous works.
{To the chief Musician. Upon Muthlabben. A Psalm of David.} I will praise Jehovah with
my whole heart; I will recount all thy marvellous works.
To the Overseer, `On the Death of Labben.` -- A Psalm of David. I confess, O Jehovah,
with all my heart, I recount all Thy wonders,
Psalms 9 2
I will be glad and rejoice in you. I will sing praise to your name, you Most High.
I will be glad and rejoice in thee; I will sing forth thy name, O Most High.
I rejoice and exult in Thee, I praise Thy Name, O Most High.
Psalms 9 3
When my enemies turn back, They stumble and perish in your presence.
When mine enemies turned back, they stumbled and perished at thy presence:
In mine enemies turning backward, they stumble and perish from Thy face.
Psalms 9 4
For you have maintained my right and my cause. You sit on the throne judging righteously.
For thou hast maintained my right and my cause. Thou sittest on the throne, judging
righteously.
For Thou hast done my judgment and my right. Thou hast sat on a throne, A judge
of righteousness.
Psalms 9 5
You have rebuked the nations. You have destroyed the wicked. You have blotted out their name
forever and ever.
Thou hast rebuked the nations, thou hast destroyed the wicked; thou hast put out their
name for ever and ever.
Thou hast rebuked nations, Thou hast destroyed the wicked, Their name Thou hast
blotted out to the age and for ever.
Psalms 9 6
The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin. The very memory of the cities which you have
overthrown has perished.
O enemy! destructions are ended for ever. -- Thou hast also destroyed cities, even the
remembrance of them hath perished.
O thou Enemy, Finished have been destructions for ever, As to cities thou hast
plucked up, Perished hath their memorial with them.
Psalms 9 7
But Yahweh reigns forever. He has prepared his throne for judgment.
But Jehovah sitteth for ever; he hath ordained his throne for judgment.
And Jehovah to the age abideth, He is preparing for judgment His throne.
Psalms 9 8
He will judge the world in righteousness. He will administer judgment to the peoples in
uprightness.
And it is he that will judge the world with righteousness; he shall execute judgment
upon the peoples with equity.
And He judgeth the world in righteousness, He judgeth the peoples in
Psalms 9 9
Yahweh will also be a high tower for the oppressed; A high tower in times of trouble.
And Jehovah will be a refuge to the oppressed one, a refuge in times of distress.
And Jehovah is a tower for the bruised, A tower for times of adversity.
Psalms 9 10
Those who know your name will put their trust in you, For you, Yahweh, have not forsaken
those who seek you.
And they that know thy name will confide in thee; for thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken
them that seek thee.
They trust in Thee who do know Thy name, For Thou hast not forsaken Those
seeking Thee, O Jehovah.
Psalms 9 11
Sing praises to Yahweh, who dwells in Zion, And declare among the people what he has done.
Sing psalms to Jehovah who dwelleth in Zion; tell among the peoples his doings.
Sing ye praise to Jehovah, inhabiting Zion, Declare ye among the peoples His acts,
Psalms 9 12
For he who avenges blood remembers them. He doesn`t forget the cry of the afflicted.
For when he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them; the cry of the afflicted
ones hath he not forgotten.
For He who is seeking for blood Them hath remembered, He hath not forgotten the
cry of the afflicted.
Psalms 9 13
Have mercy on me, Yahweh. See my affliction by those who hate me, And lift me up from the
gates of death;
Be gracious unto me, O Jehovah; consider mine affliction from them that hate me, lifting
me up from the gates of death:
Favour me, O Jehovah, See mine affliction by those hating me, Thou who liftest me
up from the gates of death,
Psalms 9 14
That I may show forth all your praise. In the gates of the daughter of Zion I will rejoice in your
salvation.
That I may declare all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion. I will be joyful in
thy salvation.
So that I recount all Thy praise, In the gates of the daughter of Zion. I rejoice on
Thy salvation.
Psalms 9 15
The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made; In the net which they hid, their own
foot is taken.
The nations are sunk down in the pit [that] they made; in the net that they hid is their
own foot taken.
Sunk have nations in a pit they made, In a net that they hid hath their foot been
captured.
Psalms 9 16
Yahweh has made himself known. He has executed judgment. The wicked is snared by the work
of his own hands. Meditation. Selah.
Jehovah is known [by] the judgment he hath executed: the wicked is ensnared in the
work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
Jehovah hath been known, Judgment He hath done, By a work of his hands Hath the
wicked been snared. Meditation. Selah.
Psalms 9 17
The wicked shall be turned back to Sheol, Even all the nations that forget God.
The wicked shall be turned into Sheol, all the nations that forget God.
The wicked do turn back to Sheol, All nations forgetting God.
Psalms 9 18
For the needy shall not always be forgotten, Nor the hope of the poor perish forever.
For the needy one shall not be forgotten alway; the hope of the meek shall not perish for
ever.
For not for ever is the needy forgotten, The hope of the humble lost to the age.
Psalms 9 19
Arise, Yahweh! Don`t let man prevail. Let the nations be judged in your sight.
Arise, Jehovah; let not man prevail: let the nations be judged in thy sight.
Rise, O Jehovah, let not man be strong, Let nations be judged before Thy face.
Psalms 9 20
Put them in fear, Yahweh. Let the nations know that they are only men. Selah. Psalm 10
Put them in fear, Jehovah: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.
Appoint, O Jehovah, a director to them, Let nations know they [are] men! Selah.
Psalms 10 1
Why do you stand far off, Yahweh? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
Why, Jehovah, standest thou afar off? [Why] hidest thou thyself in times of distress?
Why, Jehovah, dost Thou stand at a distance? Thou dost hide in times of adversity,
Psalms 10 2
In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak; They are caught in the schemes that they devise.
The wicked, in his pride, doth hotly pursue the afflicted. They shall be taken in the
devices that they have imagined.
Through the pride of the wicked, Is the poor inflamed, They are caught in devices
that they devised.
Psalms 10 3
For the wicked boasts of his heart`s cravings, He blesses the greedy, and condemns Yahweh.
For the wicked boasteth of his soul`s desire, and he blesseth the covetous; he contemneth
Jehovah.
Because the wicked hath boasted Of the desire of his soul, And a dishonest gainer
he hath blessed, He hath despised Jehovah.
Psalms 10 4
The wicked, in the pride of his face, Has no room in his thoughts for God.
The wicked [saith], in the haughtiness of his countenance, He doth not search out: all his
thoughts are, There is no God!
The wicked according to the height of his face, inquireth not. `God is not!` [are]
all his devices.
Psalms 10 5
His ways are prosperous at all times; He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight: As for
all his adversaries, he sneers at them.
His ways always succeed; thy judgments are far above out of his sight; [as for] all his
adversaries, he puffeth at them.
Pain do his ways at all times, On high [are] Thy judgments before him, All his
adversaries -- he puffeth at them.
Psalms 10 6
He says in his heart, "I shall not be shaken; For generations I shall have no trouble."
He saith in his heart, I shall not be moved; from generation to generation I shall be in no
adversity.
He hath said in his heart, `I am not moved,` To generation and generation not in
evil.
Psalms 10 7
His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression. Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity.
His mouth is full of cursing, and deceit, and oppression; under his tongue is mischief and
iniquity.
Of oaths his mouth is full, And deceits, and fraud: Under his tongue [is]
perverseness and iniquity,
Psalms 10 8
He lies in wait near the villages. From ambushes, he murders the innocent. His eyes are
secretly set against the helpless.
He sitteth in the lurking-places of the villages; in the secret places doth he slay the
innocent: his eyes watch for the wretched.
He doth sit in an ambush of the villages, In secret places he doth slay the innocent.
His eyes for the afflicted watch secretly,
Psalms 10 9
He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush. He lies in wait to catch the helpless. He catches
the helpless, when he draws him in his net.
He lieth in wait secretly, like a lion in his thicket; he lieth in wait to catch the afflicted:
he doth catch the afflicted, drawing him into his net.
He lieth in wait in a secret place, as a lion in a covert. He lieth in wait to catch
the poor, He catcheth the poor, drawing him into his net.
Psalms 10 10
The helpless are crushed, they collapse, They fall under his strength.
He croucheth, he boweth down, that the wretched may fall by his strong ones.
He is bruised -- he boweth down, Fallen by his mighty ones hath the afflicted.
Psalms 10 11
He says in his heart, "God has forgotten. He hides his face. He will never see it."
He saith in his heart, ·God hath forgotten, he hideth his face, he will never see [it].
He said in his heart, `God hath forgotten, He hath hid His face, He hath never seen.`
Psalms 10 12
Arise, Yahweh! God, lift up your hand! Don`t forget the helpless.
Arise, Jehovah; O ·God, lift up thy hand: forget not the afflicted.
Arise, O Jehovah! O God, lift up Thy hand! Forget not the humble.
Psalms 10 13
Why does the wicked condemn God, And say in his heart, "God won`t call me into account?"
Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? He hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not
require [it].
Wherefore hath the wicked despised God? He hath said in his heart, `It is not
required.`
Psalms 10 14
But you do see trouble and grief; You consider it to take it into your hand. You help the
victim and the fatherless.
Thou hast seen [it], for thou thyself beholdest trouble and vexation, to requite by thy
hand. The wretched committeth himself unto thee; thou hast been the helper of the
fatherless.
Thou hast seen, For Thou perverseness and anger beholdest; By giving into Thy
hand, On Thee doth the afflicted leave [it], Of the fatherless Thou hast been an
helper.
Psalms 10 15
Break the arm of the wicked. As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none.
Break thou the arm of the wicked, and as for the evil man, seek out his wickedness [till]
thou find none.
Break the arm of the wicked and the evil, Seek out his wickedness, find none;
Psalms 10 16
Yahweh is King forever and ever! The nations will perish out of his land.
Jehovah is King for ever and ever: the nations have perished out of his land.
Jehovah [is] king to the age, and for ever, The nations have perished out of His
land!
Psalms 10 17
Yahweh, you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart. You will cause
your ear to hear,
Jehovah, thou hast heard the desire of the meek, thou hast established their heart: thou
causest thine ear to hear,
The desire of the humble Thou hast heard, O Jehovah. Thou preparest their heart;
Thou causest Thine ear to attend,
Psalms 10 18
To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, That man who is of the earth may terrify no more.
Psalm 11 For the Chief Musician. By David.
To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed one, that the man of the earth may
terrify no more.
To judge the fatherless and bruised: He addeth no more to oppress -- man of the

earth!


Study Questions

When is God angry with the wicked? 7:11

The name of the LORD is _________? 8:1, 9

The LORD is ___________? 10:16



The World English Bible


Aug. 27
Romans 8

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who don't walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law couldn't do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh;
Rom 8:4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace;
Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God's law, neither indeed can it be.
Rom 8:8 Those who are in the flesh can't please God.
Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn't have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his.
Rom 8:10 If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
Rom 8:12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God.
Rom 8:15 For you didn't receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"
Rom 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God;
Rom 8:17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ; if indeed we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified with him.
Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which will be revealed toward us.
Rom 8:19 For the creation waits with eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.
Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
Rom 8:21 that the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.  
Rom 8:23 Not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for adoption, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24 For we were saved in hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he sees?
Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that which we don't see, we wait for it with patience.
Rom 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses, for we don't know how to pray as we ought. But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can't be uttered.
Rom 8:27 He who searches the hearts knows what is on the Spirit's mind, because he makes intercession for the saints according to God.
Rom 8:28 We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:29 For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Rom 8:30 Whom he predestined, those he also called. Whom he called, those he also justified. Whom he justified, those he also glorified.
Rom 8:31 What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He who didn't spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with him freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who could bring a charge against God's chosen ones? It is God who justifies.
Rom 8:34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, yes rather, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Could oppression, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 Even as it is written, "For your sake we are killed all day long. We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
Rom 8:37 No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 




The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Romans

Romans 8 1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who don`t walk
according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
[There is] then now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus.
There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not
according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit;
Romans 8 2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and of
death.
for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of
the sin and of the death;
Romans 8 3
For what the law couldn`t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in
the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh;
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, having sent his
own Son, in likeness of flesh of sin, and for sin, has condemned sin in the flesh,
for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His
own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the
sin in the flesh,
Romans 8 4
that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the
Spirit.
in order that the righteous requirement of the law should be fulfilled in us, who do not
walk according to flesh but according to Spirit.
that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk
according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8 5
For those who are after the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are
after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
For they that are according to flesh mind the things of the flesh; and they that are
according to Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those
according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit;
Romans 8 6
For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace;
For the mind of the flesh [is] death; but the mind of the Spirit life and peace.
for the mind of the flesh [is] death, and the mind of the Spirit -- life and peace;
Romans 8 7
because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God`s law, neither
indeed can it be.
Because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God;
for neither indeed can it be:
because the mind of the flesh [is] enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not
subject itself,
Romans 8 8
Those who are in the flesh can`t please God.
and they that are in flesh cannot please God.
for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.
Romans 8 9
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But
if any man doesn`t have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his.
But *ye* are not in flesh but in Spirit, if indeed God`s Spirit dwell in you; but if any one
has not [the] Spirit of Christ *he* is not of him:
And ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God doth
dwell in you; and if any one hath not the Spirit of Christ -- this one is not His;
Romans 8 10
If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of
but if Christ be in you, the body is dead on account of sin, but the Spirit life on account
of righteousness.
and if Christ [is] in you, the body, indeed, [is] dead because of sin, and the Spirit
[is] life because of righteousness,

Romans 8 11
But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ
Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in
But if the Spirit of him that has raised up Jesus from among [the] dead dwell in you, he
that has raised up Christ from among [the] dead shall quicken your mortal bodies also on
account of his Spirit which dwells in you.
and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you,
He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying
bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you.
Romans 8 12
So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to flesh;
So, then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh;
Romans 8 13
For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the
body, you will live.
for if ye live according to flesh, ye are about to die; but if, by the Spirit, ye put to death
the deeds of the body, ye shall live:
for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit,
the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;
Romans 8 14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God.
for as many as are led by [the] Spirit of God, *these* are sons of God.
for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;
Romans 8 15
For you didn`t receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the spirit of
adoption, whereby we cry, "Abba! Father!"
For ye have not received a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye have received a spirit
of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a
spirit of adoption in which we cry, `Abba -- Father.`
Romans 8 16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God;
The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are children of God.
The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God;

Romans 8 17
and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if indeed we suffer with
him, that we may also be glorified with him.
And if children, heirs also: heirs of God, and Christ`s joint heirs; if indeed we suffer with
[him], that we may also be glorified with [him].
and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ -- if,
indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together.
Romans 8 18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the
glory which will be revealed toward us.
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy [to be compared]
with the coming glory to be revealed to us.
For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be
compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us;
Romans 8 19
For the creation waits with eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.
For the anxious looking out of the creature expects the revelation of the sons of God:
for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons
of God;
Romans 8 20
For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected
it, in hope
for the creature has been made subject to vanity, not of its will, but by reason of him who
has subjected [the same], in hope
for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him
who did subject [it] -- in hope,
Romans 8 21
that the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the liberty of the
glory of the children of God.
that the creature itself also shall be set free from the bondage of corruption into the
liberty of the glory of the children of God.
that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption
to the liberty of the glory of the children of God;

Romans 8 22
For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.
For we know that the whole creation groans together and travails in pain together until
now.
for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in
pain together till now.
Romans 8 23
Not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan
within ourselves, waiting for adoption, the redemption of our body.
And not only [that], but even *we* ourselves, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, we
also ourselves groan in ourselves, awaiting adoption, [that is] the redemption of our
body.
And not only [so], but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we
also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting -- the redemption of our
body;
Romans 8 24
For we were saved in hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he
sees?
For we have been saved in hope; but hope seen is not hope; for what any one sees, why does
he also hope?
for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth
behold, why also doth he hope for [it]?
Romans 8 25
But if we hope for that which we don`t see, we wait for it with patience.
But if what we see not we hope, we expect in patience.
and if what we do not behold we hope for, through continuance we expect [it].
Romans 8 26
In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses, for we don`t know how to pray as we
ought. But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can`t be uttered.
And in like manner the Spirit joins also its help to our weakness; for we do not know
what we should pray for as is fitting, but the Spirit itself makes intercession with
groanings which cannot be uttered.
And, in like manner also, the Spirit doth help our weaknesses; for, what we may
pray for, as it behoveth [us], we have not known, but the Spirit himself doth make
intercession for us with groanings unutterable,

Romans 8 27
He who searches the hearts knows what is on the Spirit`s mind, because he makes intercession
for the saints according to God.
But he who searches the hearts knows what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he
intercedes for saints according to God.
and He who is searching the hearts hath known what [is] the mind of the Spirit,
because according to God he doth intercede for saints.
Romans 8 28
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called
according to his purpose.
But we *do* know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those
who are called according to purpose.
And we have known that to those loving God all things do work together for good,
to those who are called according to purpose;
Romans 8 29
For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he
might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Because whom he has foreknown, he has also predestinated [to be] conformed to the
image of his Son, so that he should be [the] firstborn among many brethren.
because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image
of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren;
Romans 8 30
Whom he foreordained, them he also called. Whom he called, them he also justified. Whom he
justified, them he also glorified.
But whom he has predestinated, these also he has called; and whom he has called, these
also he has justified; but whom he has justified, these also he has glorified.
and whom He did fore-appoint, these also He did call; and whom He did call, these
also He declared righteous; and whom He declared righteous, these also He did
glorify.
Romans 8 31
What then will we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who against us?
What, then, shall we say unto these things? if God [is] for us, who [is] against us?

Romans 8 32
He who didn`t spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with
him freely give us all things?
He who, yea, has not spared his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not
also with him grant us all things?
He who indeed His own Son did not spare, but for us all did deliver him up, how
shall He not also with him the all things grant to us?
Romans 8 33
Who could bring a charge against God`s elect? It is God who justifies.
Who shall bring an accusation against God`s elect? [It is] God who justifies:
Who shall lay a charge against the choice ones of God? God [is] He that is declaring
righteous,
Romans 8 34
Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, yes rather, who was raised from the dead, who is
at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
who is he that condemns? [It is] Christ who has died, but rather has been [also] raised up;
who is also at the right hand of God; who also intercedes for us.
who [is] he that is condemning? Christ [is] He that died, yea, rather also, was
raised up; who is also on the right hand of God -- who also doth intercede for us.
Romans 8 35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Could oppression, or anguish, or persecution, or
famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? tribulation or distress, or persecution, or
famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
Who shall separate us from the love of the Christ? tribulation, or distress, or
persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8 36
Even as it is written, "For your sake we are killed all day long. We were accounted as sheep for
the slaughter."
According as it is written, For thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we have been
reckoned as sheep for slaughter.
(according as it hath been written -- `For Thy sake we are put to death all the day
long, we were reckoned as sheep of slaughter,`)

Romans 8 37
No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
But in all these things we more than conquer through him that has loved us.
but in all these we more than conquer, through him who loved us;

Romans 8 38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things
present, nor things to come, nor powers,
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things
present, nor things to come, nor powers,
for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor messengers, nor
principalities, nor powers, nor things present,
Romans 8 39
nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love
of God, which [is] in Christ Jesus our Lord.
nor things about to be, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall
be able to separate us from the love of god, that [is] in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Study Questions

What is life? 8:10

Who makes intercession for us? 8:26

No comments:

Post a Comment