August 28, 2013

From Gary... Bible Reading and Study August 28




Bible Reading and Study
August 28


The World English Bible


Aug. 28
Psalm 11-15

Psa 11:1 In Yahweh, I take refuge. How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain!"
Psa 11:2 For, behold, the wicked bend their bows. They set their arrows on the strings, that they may shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
Psa 11:3 If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Psa 11:4 Yahweh is in his holy temple. Yahweh is on his throne in heaven. His eyes observe. His eyes examine the children of men.
Psa 11:5 Yahweh examines the righteous, but the wicked and him who loves violence his soul hates.
Psa 11:6 On the wicked he will rain blazing coals; fire, sulfur, and scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup.
Psa 11:7 For Yahweh is righteous. He loves righteousness. The upright shall see his face.
Psa 12:1 Help, Yahweh; for the godly man ceases. For the faithful fail from among the children of men.
Psa 12:2 Everyone lies to his neighbor. They speak with flattering lips, and with a double heart.
Psa 12:3 May Yahweh cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that boasts,
Psa 12:4 who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail. Our lips are our own. Who is lord over us?"
Psa 12:5 "Because of the oppression of the weak and because of the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says Yahweh; "I will set him in safety from those who malign him."
Psa 12:6 The words of Yahweh are flawless words, as silver refined in a clay furnace, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 You will keep them, Yahweh. You will preserve them from this generation forever.
Psa 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when what is vile is exalted among the sons of men.
Psa 13:1 How long, Yahweh? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
Psa 13:2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart every day? How long shall my enemy triumph over me?
Psa 13:3 Behold, and answer me, Yahweh, my God. Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death;
Psa 13:4 Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him;" Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall.
Psa 13:5 But I trust in your loving kindness. My heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psa 13:6 I will sing to Yahweh, because he has been good to me.
Psa 14:1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt. They have done abominable works. There is none who does good.
Psa 14:2 Yahweh looked down from heaven on the children of men, to see if there were any who did understand, who did seek after God.
Psa 14:3 They have all gone aside. They have together become corrupt. There is none who does good, no, not one.
Psa 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, who eat up my people as they eat bread, and don't call on Yahweh?
Psa 14:5 There they were in great fear, for God is in the generation of the righteous.
Psa 14:6 You frustrate the plan of the poor, because Yahweh is his refuge.
Psa 14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When Yahweh restores the fortunes of his people, then Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Psa 15:1 Yahweh, who shall dwell in your sanctuary? Who shall live on your holy hill?
Psa 15:2 He who walks blamelessly does what is right, and speaks truth in his heart;
Psa 15:3 He who doesn't slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor casts slurs against his fellow man;
Psa 15:4 In whose eyes a vile man is despised, but who honors those who fear Yahweh; he who keeps an oath even when it hurts, and doesn't change;
Psa 15:5 he who doesn't lend out his money for usury, nor take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be shaken.





The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Psalms


Psalms 11 1
In Yahweh do I take refuge. How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain!"
{To the chief Musician. [A Psalm] of David.} In Jehovah have I put my trust: how say ye to
my soul, Flee [as] a bird to your mountain?
To the Overseer. -- By David. In Jehovah I trusted, how say ye to my soul, `They
moved [to] Thy mountain for the bird?
Psalms 11 2
For, behold, the wicked bend their bows. They set their arrows on the strings, That they may
shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
For behold, the wicked bend the bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that
they may in darkness shoot at the upright in heart.
For lo, the wicked tread a bow, They have prepared their arrow on the string, To
shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
Psalms 11 3
If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?
If the foundations be destroyed, what shall the righteous do?
When the foundations are destroyed, The righteous -- what hath he done?
Psalms 11 4
Yahweh is in his holy temple. Yahweh is on his throne in heaven. His eyes observe. His eyes
examine the children of men.
Jehovah [is] in the temple of his holiness; Jehovah, -- his throne is in the heavens: his eyes
behold, his eyelids try the children of men.
`Jehovah [is] in his holy temple: Jehovah -- in the heavens [is] His throne. His eyes
see -- His eyelids try the sons of men.
Psalms 11 5
Yahweh examines the righteous, But the wicked and him who loves violence his soul hates.
Jehovah trieth the righteous one; but the wicked, and him that loveth violence, his soul
hateth.
Jehovah the righteous doth try. And the wicked and the lover of violence, Hath His
soul hated,
Psalms 11 6
On the wicked he will rain blazing coals; Fire, sulfur, and scorching wind shall be the portion
of their cup.
Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone; and scorching wind shall be
the portion of their cup.
He poureth on the wicked snares, fire, and brimstone, And a horrible wind [is]
the portion of their cup.
Psalms 11 7
For Yahweh is righteous. He loves righteousness. The upright shall see his face. Psalm 12
For the Chief Musician; upon an eight-stringed lyre. A Psalm of David.
For righteous is Jehovah; he loveth righteousness, his countenance doth behold the
upright.
For righteous [is] Jehovah, Righteousness He hath loved, The upright doth His
countenance see!`
Psalms 12 1
Help, Yahweh; for the godly man ceases. For the faithful fail from among the children of men.
{To the chief Musician. Upon Sheminith. A Psalm of David.} Save, Jehovah, for the godly
man is gone; for the faithful have failed from among the children of men.
To the Overseer, on the octave. -- A Psalm of David. Save, Jehovah, for the saintly
hath failed, For the stedfast have ceased From the sons of men:
Psalms 12 2
Everyone lies to his neighbor. With flattering lips, and with a double heart, do they speak.
They speak falsehood every one with his neighbour: [with] flattering lip, with a double
heart, do they speak.
Vanity they speak each with his neighbour, Lip of flattery! With heart and heart
they speak.
Psalms 12 3
May Yahweh cut off all flattering lips, And the tongue that boasts,
Jehovah will cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that speaketh proud things,
Jehovah doth cut off all lips of flattery, A tongue speaking great things,
Psalms 12 4
Who have said, "With our tongue will we prevail. Our lips are our own. Who is lord over us?"
Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail, our lips are our own: who [is] lord over
us?
Who said, `By our tongue we do mightily: Our lips [are] our own; who [is] lord over
us?`
Psalms 12 5
"Because of the oppression of the weak and because of the groaning of the needy, I will now
arise," says Yahweh; "I will set him in safety from those who malign him."
Because of the oppression of the afflicted, because of the sighing of the needy, now will I
arise, saith Jehovah, I will set [him] in safety, at whom they puff.
Because of the spoiling of the poor, Because of the groaning of the needy, Now do I
arise, saith Jehovah, I set in safety [him who] doth breathe for it.
Psalms 12 6
The words of Yahweh are flawless words, As silver refined in a clay furnace, purified seven
times.
The words of Jehovah are pure words, silver tried in the furnace of earth, purified seven
times.
Sayings of Jehovah [are] pure sayings; Silver tried in a furnace of earth refined
sevenfold.
Psalms 12 7
You will keep them, Yahweh, You will preserve them from this generation forever.
Thou, Jehovah, wilt keep them, thou wilt preserve them from this generation for ever.
Thou, O Jehovah, dost preserve them, Thou keepest us from this generation to the
age.
Psalms 12 8
The wicked walk on every side, When what is vile is exalted among the sons of men. Psalm 13
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
The wicked walk about on every side, when vileness is exalted among the children of men.
Around the wicked walk continually, According as vileness is exalted by sons of
men!
Psalms 13 1
How long, Yahweh? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
{To the chief Musician. A Psalm of David.} How long, Jehovah, wilt thou forget me for
ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
To the Overseer. -- A Psalm of David. Till when, O Jehovah, Dost Thou forget me? --
for ever? Till when dost Thou hide Thy face from me?
Psalms 13 2
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart every day? How long shall
my enemy triumph over me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, with sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall
mine enemy be exalted over me?
Till when do I set counsels in my soul? Sorrow inn my heart daily? Till when is
mine enemy exalted over me?
Psalms 13 3
Behold, and answer me, Yahweh, my God. Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death;
Consider, answer me, O Jehovah my God! lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the [sleep of]
death;
Look attentively; Answer me, O Jehovah, my God, Enlighten mine eyes, lest I sleep
in death,
Psalms 13 4
Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him;" Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall.
Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him! [lest] mine adversaries be joyful when
I am moved.
Lest mine enemy say, `I overcame him,` Mine adversaries joy when I am moved.
Psalms 13 5
But I trust in your lovingkindness. My heart rejoices in your salvation.
As for me, I have confided in thy loving-kindness; my heart shall be joyful in thy
salvation.
And I, in Thy kindness I have trusted, Rejoice doth my heart in Thy salvation.
Psalms 13 6
I will sing to Yahweh, Because he has been good to me. Psalm 14 For the Chief Musician. By
David.
I will sing unto Jehovah, for he hath dealt bountifully with me.
I do sing to Jehovah, For He hath conferred benefits upon me!
Psalms 14 1
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have done abominable
works. There is none who does good.
{To the chief Musician. [A Psalm] of David.} The fool hath said in his heart, There is no
God. They have corrupted themselves, they have done abominable works: there is none
that doeth good.
To the Overseer. -- By David. A fool hath said in his heart, `God is not;` They have
done corruptly, They have done abominable actions, There is not a doer of good.
Psalms 14 2
Yahweh looked down from heaven on the children of men, To see if there were any who did
understand, Who did seek after God.
Jehovah looked down from the heavens upon the children of men, to see if there were any
that did understand, that did seek God.
Jehovah from the heavens Hath looked on the sons of men, To see if there is a wise
one -- seeking God.
Psalms 14 3
They have all gone aside; they have together become corrupt. There is none who does good, no,
not one.
They have all gone aside, they are together become corrupt: there is none that doeth
good, not even one.
The whole have turned aside, Together they have been filthy: There is not a doer
of good, not even one.
Psalms 14 4
Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, Who eat up my people as they eat bread, And
don`t call on Yahweh?
Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, eating up my people [as] they eat bread?
They call not upon Jehovah.
Have all working iniquity not known? Those consuming my people have eaten
bread, Jehovah they have not called.
Psalms 14 5
There were they in great fear, For God is in the generation of the righteous.
There were they in great fear; for God is in the generation of the righteous.
There they have feared a fear, For God [is] in the generation of the righteous.
Psalms 14 6
You put to shame the counsel of the poor, Because Yahweh is his refuge.
Ye have shamed the counsel of the afflicted, because Jehovah [was] his refuge.
The counsel of the poor ye cause to stink, Because Jehovah [is] his refuge.
Psalms 14 7
Oh that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When Yahweh restores the fortunes of
his people, Then Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad. Psalm 15 A Psalm by David.
Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When Jehovah turneth again the
captivity of his people, Jacob shall be glad, Israel shall rejoice.
`Who doth give from Zion the salvation of Israel? When Jehovah doth turn back
[To] a captivity of His people, Jacob doth rejoice -- Israel is glad!
Psalms 15 1
Yahweh, who shall dwell in your sanctuary? Who shall live on your holy hill?
{A Psalm of David.} Jehovah, who shall sojourn in thy tent? who shall dwell in the hill of
thy holiness?
A Psalm of David. Jehovah, who doth sojourn in Thy tent? Who doth dwell in Thy
holy hill?
Psalms 15 2
He who walks blamelessly, does what is right, And speaks truth in his heart;
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth from his
heart.
He who is walking uprightly, And working righteousness, And speaking truth in
his heart.
Psalms 15 3
He who doesn`t slander with his tongue, Nor does evil to his friend, Nor casts slurs against
his fellow man;
[He that] slandereth not with his tongue, doeth not evil to his companion, nor taketh up a
reproach against his neighbour;
He hath not slandered by his tongue, He hath not done to his friend evil; And
reproach he hath not lifted up Against his neighbour.
Psalms 15 4
In whose eyes a vile man is despised, But who honors those who fear Yahweh; He who keeps an
oath even when it hurts, and doesn`t change;
In whose eyes the depraved person is contemned, and who honoureth them that fear
Jehovah; who, if he have sworn to his own hurt, changeth it not;
Despised in his eyes [is] a rejected one, And those fearing Jehovah he doth honour.
He hath sworn to suffer evil, and changeth not;
Psalms 15 5
He who doesn`t lend out his money for usury, Nor take a bribe against the innocent. He who
does these things shall never be shaken. Psalm 16 A Poem by David.
[He that] putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He
that doeth these [things] shall never be moved.
His silver he hath not given in usury, And a bribe against the innocent Hath not
taken; Whoso is doing these is not moved to the age!



Study Questions

The LORD is in __________ ___________ __________? 11:4

The words of the LORD are __________ __________? 12:6

What has the fool said? 14:1

Who shall abide in the tabernacle of God? 15:1, 2



The World English Bible

Aug. 28
Romans 9

Rom 9:1 I tell the truth in Christ. I am not lying, my conscience testifying with me in the Holy Spirit,
Rom 9:2 that I have great sorrow and unceasing pain in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brothers' sake, my relatives according to the flesh,
Rom 9:4 who are Israelites; whose is the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 of whom are the fathers, and from whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God, blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has come to nothing. For they are not all Israel, that are of Israel.
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are Abraham's seed, are they all children. But, "In Isaac will your seed be called."
Rom 9:8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as a seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is a word of promise, "At the appointed time I will come, and Sarah will have a son.
Rom 9:10 Not only so, but Rebecca also conceived by one, by our father Isaac.
Rom 9:11 For being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him who calls,
Rom 9:12 it was said to her, "The elder will serve the younger."
Rom 9:13 Even as it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? May it never be!
Rom 9:15 For he said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I caused you to be raised up, that I might show in you my power, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
Rom 9:18 So then, he has mercy on whom he desires, and he hardens whom he desires.
Rom 9:19 You will say then to me, "Why does he still find fault? For who withstands his will?"
Rom 9:20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed ask him who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?"
Rom 9:21 Or hasn't the potter a right over the clay, from the same lump to make one part a vessel for honor, and another for dishonor?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath made for destruction,
Rom 9:23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory on vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory,
Rom 9:24 us, whom he also called, not from the Jews only, but also from the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As he says also in Hosea, "I will call them 'my people,' which were not my people; and her 'beloved,' who was not beloved."
Rom 9:26 "It will be that in the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' There they will be called 'children of the living God.' "
Rom 9:27 Isaiah cries concerning Israel, "If the number of the children of Israel are as the sand of the sea, it is the remnant who will be saved;
Rom 9:28 for He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness, because the LORD will make a short work upon the earth."
Rom 9:29 As Isaiah has said before, "Unless the Lord of Armies had left us a seed, we would have become like Sodom, and would have been made like Gomorrah."
Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who didn't follow after righteousness, attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith;
Rom 9:31 but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, didn't arrive at the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Why? Because they didn't seek it by faith, but as it were by works of the law. They stumbled over the stumbling stone;
Rom 9:33 even as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and a rock of offense; and no one who believes in him will be disappointed." 



The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Romans
Romans 9 1
I tell the truth in Christ. I am not lying, my conscience testifying with me in the Holy Spirit,
I say [the] truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience bearing witness with me in [the] Holy
Spirit,
Truth I say in Christ, I lie not, my conscience bearing testimony with me in the
Holy Spirit,
Romans 9 2
that I have great sorrow and unceasing pain in my heart.
that I have great grief and uninterrupted pain in my heart,
that I have great grief and unceasing pain in my heart --
Romans 9 3
For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brothers` sake, my relatives
according to the flesh,
for I have wished, I myself, to be a curse from the Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen,
according to flesh;
for I was wishing, I myself, to be anathema from the Christ -- for my brethren, my
kindred, according to the flesh,
Romans 9 4
who are Israelites; whose is the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the
service, and the promises;
who are Israelites; whose [is] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the law-
giving, and the service, and the promises;
who are Israelites, whose [is] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and
the lawgiving, and the service, and the promises,

Romans 9 5
whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God, blessed
forever. Amen.
whose [are] the fathers; and of whom, as according to flesh, [is] the Christ, who is over all,
God blessed for ever. Amen.
whose [are] the fathers, and of whom [is] the Christ, according to the flesh, who is
over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen.
Romans 9 6
But it is not as though the word of God has come to nothing. For they are not all Israel, that are
of Israel.
Not however as though the word of God had failed; for not all [are] Israel which [are] of
Israel;
And it is not possible that the word of God hath failed; for not all who [are] of
Israel are these Israel;

Romans 9 7
Neither, because they are Abraham`s seed, are they all children. But, "In Isaac will your seed be
called."
nor because they are seed of Abraham [are] all children: but, In Isaac shall a seed be
called to thee.
nor because they are seed of Abraham [are] all children, but -- `in Isaac shall a
seed be called to thee;`
Romans 9 8
That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the
promise are counted as a seed.
That is, [they that are] the children of the flesh, these [are] not the children of God; but
the children of the promise are reckoned as seed.
that is, the children of the flesh -- these [are] not children of God; but the children
of the promise are reckoned for seed;
Romans 9 9
For this is a word of promise, "At the appointed time I will come, and Sarah will have a son."
For this word [is] of promise, According to this time I will come, and there shall be a son
to Sarah.
for the word of promise [is] this; `According to this time I will come, and there
shall be to Sarah a son.`
Romans 9 10
Not only so, but Rebecca also conceived by one, by our father Isaac.
And not only [that], but Rebecca having conceived by one, Isaac our father,
And not only [so], but also Rebecca, having conceived by one -- Isaac our father –

Romans 9 11
For being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad, that the purpose of God
according to election might stand, not of works, but of him who calls,
[the children] indeed being not yet born, or having done anything good or worthless
(that the purpose of God according to election might abide, not of works, but of him that
calls),
(for they being not yet born, neither having done anything good or evil, that the
purpose of God, according to choice, might remain; not of works, but of Him who
is calling,) it was said to her --
Romans 9 12
it was said to her, "The elder will serve the younger."
it was said to her, The greater shall serve the less:
`The greater shall serve the less;`

Romans 9 13
Even as it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
according as it is written, I have loved Jacob, and I have hated Esau.
according as it hath been written, `Jacob I did love, and Esau I did hate.`
Romans 9 14
What will we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? Far be the thought.
What, then, shall we say? unrighteousness [is] with God? let it not be!
Romans 9 15
For he said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on
whom I have compassion."
For he says to Moses, I will shew mercy to whom I will shew mercy, and I will feel
compassion for whom I will feel compassion.
for to Moses He saith, `I will do kindness to whom I do kindness, and I will have
compassion on whom I have compassion;`
Romans 9 16
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who has mercy.
So then [it is] not of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but of God that shews mercy.
so, then -- not of him who is willing, nor of him who is running, but of God who is
doing kindness:

Romans 9 17
For the scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I caused you to be raised up, that I
might show in you my power, and that my name might be published abroad in all the earth."
For the scripture says to Pharaoh, For this very thing I have raised thee up from amongst
[men], that I might thus shew in thee my power, and so that my name should be declared
in all the earth.
for the Writing saith to Pharaoh -- `For this very thing I did raise thee up, that I
might shew in thee My power, and that My name might be declared in all the
land;`
Romans 9 18
So then, he has mercy on whom he desires, and he hardens whom he desires.
So then, to whom he will he shews mercy, and whom he will he hardens.
so, then, to whom He willeth, He doth kindness, and to whom He willeth, He doth
harden.
Romans 9 19
You will say then to me, "Why does he still find fault? For who withstands his will?"
Thou wilt say to me then, Why does he yet find fault? for who resists his purpose?
Thou wilt say, then, to me, `Why yet doth He find fault? for His counsel who hath
resisted?`
Romans 9 20
But no, man, who are you who replies against God? Will the thing formed ask him who formed it,
"Why did you make me like this?"
Aye, but thou, O man, who art *thou* that answerest again to God? Shall the thing formed
say to him that has formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
nay, but, O man, who art thou that art answering again to God? shall the thing
formed say to Him who did form [it], Why me didst thou make thus?
Romans 9 21
Or hasn`t the potter a right over the clay, from the same lump to make one part a vessel for
honor, and another for dishonor?
Or has not the potter authority over the clay, out of the same lump to make one vessel to
honour, and another to dishonour?
hath not the potter authority over the clay, out of the same lump to make the one
vessel to honour, and the one to dishonour?

Romans 9 22
What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much
patience vessels of wrath made for destruction,
And if God, minded to shew his wrath and to make his power known, endured with much
long-suffering vessels of wrath fitted for destruction;
And if God, willing to shew the wrath and to make known His power, did endure,
in much long suffering, vessels of wrath fitted for destruction,
Romans 9 23
and that he might make known the riches of his glory on vessels of mercy, which he prepared
beforehand for glory,
and that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he
had before prepared for glory,
and that He might make known the riches of His glory on vessels of kindness, that
He before prepared for glory, whom also He did call -- us --
Romans 9 24
us, whom he also called, not from the Jews only, but also from the Gentiles?
us, whom he has also called, not only from amongst [the] Jews, but also from amongst [the]
nations?
not only out of Jews, but also out of nations,
Romans 9 25
As he says also in Hosea, "I will call them `my people,` which were not my people; And her
`beloved,` who was not beloved."
As he says also in Hosea, I will call not-my-people My people; and the-not-beloved Beloved.
 as also in Hosea He saith, `I will call what [is] not My people -- My people; and her
not beloved -- Beloved,
Romans 9 26
"It will be that in the place where it was said to them, `You are not my people,` There will
they be called `sons of the living God.`"
And it shall be, in the place where it was said to them, *Ye* [are] not my people, there
shall they be called Sons of [the] living God.
and it shall be -- in the place where it was said to them, Ye [are] not My people;
there they shall be called sons of the living God.`

Romans 9 27
Isaiah cries concerning Israel, "If the number of the children of Israel are as the sand of the sea,
It is the remnant who will be saved;
But Esaias cries concerning Israel, Should the number of the children of Israel be as the
sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved:
And Isaiah doth cry concerning Israel, `If the number of the sons of Israel may be
as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved;
Romans 9 28
For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness, Because the LORD will make a
short work upon the earth."
for [he] is bringing the matter to an end, and [cutting [it] short in righteousness;
because] a cutting short of the matter will [the] Lord accomplish upon the earth.
for a matter He is finishing, and is cutting short in righteousness, because a
matter cut short will the Lord do upon the land.
Romans 9 29
As Isaiah has said before, "Unless the Lord of Hosts had left us a seed, We would have become like
Sodom, And would have been made like Gomorrah."
And according as Esaias said before, Unless [the] Lord of hosts had left us a seed, we had
been as Sodom, and made like even as Gomorrha.
and according as Isaiah saith before, `Except the Lord of Sabaoth did leave to us a
seed, as Sodom we had become, and as Gomorrah we had been made like.`
Romans 9 30
What will we say then? That the Gentiles, who didn`t follow after righteousness, attained to
righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith;
What then shall we say? That [they of the] nations, who did not follow after righteousness,
have attained righteousness, but [the] righteousness that is on the principle of faith.
What, then, shall we say? that nations who are not pursuing righteousness did
attain to righteousness, and righteousness that [is] of faith,
Romans 9 31
but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, didn`t arrive at the law of righteousness.
But Israel, pursuing after a law of righteousness, has not attained to [that] law.
and Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, at a law of righteousness did not
arrive;

Romans 9 32
Why? Because they didn`t seek it by faith, but as it were by works of the law. They stumbled
over the stumbling stone;
Wherefore? Because [it was] not on the principle of faith, but as of works. They have
stumbled at the stumblingstone,
wherefore? because -- not by faith, but as by works of law; for they did stumble at
the stone of stumbling,
Romans 9 33
even as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. And no one
who believes in him will be put to shame."
according as it is written, Behold, I place in Zion a stone of stumbling and rock of
offence: and he that believes on him shall not be ashamed.
according as it hath been written, `Lo, I place in Sion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence; and every one who is believing thereon shall not be ashamed.`



Study Questions


The children of the flesh are not..? 9:8

God loves Esau, true or false? 9:13

Who shall be saved from Israel? 9:27

What two terms refer to "him" 9:33

No comments:

Post a Comment