August 29, 2013

From Gary... Bible Reading and Study August 29



Bible Reading and Study   
August 29


The World English Bible

Aug. 29
Psalm 16-19

Psa 16:1 Preserve me, God, for in you do I take refuge.
Psa 16:2 My soul, you have said to Yahweh, "You are my Lord. Apart from you I have no good thing."
Psa 16:3 As for the saints who are in the earth, they are the excellent ones in whom is all my delight.
Psa 16:4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied who give gifts to another god. Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer, nor take their names on my lips.
Psa 16:5 Yahweh assigned my portion and my cup. You made my lot secure.
Psa 16:6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. Yes, I have a good inheritance.
Psa 16:7 I will bless Yahweh, who has given me counsel. Yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.
Psa 16:8 I have set Yahweh always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Psa 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my tongue rejoices. My body shall also dwell in safety.
Psa 16:10 For you will not leave my soul in Sheol, neither will you allow your holy one to see corruption.
Psa 16:11 You will show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy. In your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
Psa 17:1 Hear, Yahweh, my righteous plea; Give ear to my prayer, that doesn't go out of deceitful lips.
Psa 17:2 Let my sentence come forth from your presence. Let your eyes look on equity.
Psa 17:3 You have proved my heart. You have visited me in the night. You have tried me, and found nothing. I have resolved that my mouth shall not disobey.
Psa 17:4 As for the works of men, by the word of your lips, I have kept myself from the ways of the violent.
Psa 17:5 My steps have held fast to your paths. My feet have not slipped.
Psa 17:6 I have called on you, for you will answer me, God. Turn your ear to me. Hear my speech.
Psa 17:7 Show your marvelous loving kindness, you who save those who take refuge by your right hand from their enemies.
Psa 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye. Hide me under the shadow of your wings,
Psa 17:9 from the wicked who oppress me, my deadly enemies, who surround me.
Psa 17:10 They close up their callous hearts. With their mouth they speak proudly.
Psa 17:11 They have now surrounded us in our steps. They set their eyes to cast us down to the earth.
Psa 17:12 He is like a lion that is greedy of his prey, as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
Psa 17:13 Arise, Yahweh, confront him. Cast him down. Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword;
Psa 17:14 from men by your hand, Yahweh, from men of the world, whose portion is in this life. You fill the belly of your cherished ones. Your sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children.
Psa 17:15 As for me, I shall see your face in righteousness. I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with seeing your form.
Psa 18:1 By David the servant of Yahweh, who spoke to Yahweh the words of this song in the day that Yahweh delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said,>> I love you, Yahweh, my strength.
Psa 18:2 Yahweh is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower.
Psa 18:3 I call on Yahweh, who is worthy to be praised; and I am saved from my enemies.
Psa 18:4 The cords of death surrounded me. The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
Psa 18:5 The cords of Sheol were around me. The snares of death came on me.
Psa 18:6 In my distress I called on Yahweh, and cried to my God. He heard my voice out of his temple. My cry before him came into his ears.
Psa 18:7 Then the earth shook and trembled. The foundations also of the mountains quaked and were shaken, because he was angry.
Psa 18:8 Smoke went out of his nostrils. Consuming fire came out of his mouth. Coals were kindled by it.
Psa 18:9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down. Thick darkness was under his feet.
Psa 18:10 He rode on a cherub, and flew. Yes, he soared on the wings of the wind.
Psa 18:11 He made darkness his hiding place, his pavilion around him, darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies.
Psa 18:12 At the brightness before him his thick clouds passed, hailstones and coals of fire.
Psa 18:13 Yahweh also thundered in the sky. The Most High uttered his voice: hailstones and coals of fire.
Psa 18:14 He sent out his arrows, and scattered them; Yes, great lightning bolts, and routed them.
Psa 18:15 Then the channels of waters appeared. The foundations of the world were laid bare at your rebuke, Yahweh, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.
Psa 18:16 He sent from on high. He took me. He drew me out of many waters.
Psa 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me; for they were too mighty for me.
Psa 18:18 They came on me in the day of my calamity, but Yahweh was my support.
Psa 18:19 He brought me forth also into a large place. He delivered me, because he delighted in me.
Psa 18:20 Yahweh has rewarded me according to my righteousness. According to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me.
Psa 18:21 For I have kept the ways of Yahweh, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Psa 18:22 For all his ordinances were before me. I didn't put away his statutes from me.
Psa 18:23 I was also blameless with him. I kept myself from my iniquity.
Psa 18:24 Therefore Yahweh has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.
Psa 18:25 With the merciful you will show yourself merciful. With the perfect man, you will show yourself perfect.
Psa 18:26 With the pure, you will show yourself pure. With the crooked you will show yourself shrewd.
Psa 18:27 For you will save the afflicted people, but the haughty eyes you will bring down.
Psa 18:28 For you will light my lamp, Yahweh. My God will light up my darkness.
Psa 18:29 For by you, I advance through a troop. By my God, I leap over a wall.
Psa 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect. The word of Yahweh is tried. He is a shield to all those who take refuge in him.
Psa 18:31 For who is God, except Yahweh? Who is a rock, besides our God,
Psa 18:32 the God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect?
Psa 18:33 He makes my feet like deer's feet, and sets me on my high places.
Psa 18:34 He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms bend a bow of bronze.
Psa 18:35 You have also given me the shield of your salvation. Your right hand sustains me. Your gentleness has made me great.
Psa 18:36 You have enlarged my steps under me, My feet have not slipped.
Psa 18:37 I will pursue my enemies, and overtake them. Neither will I turn again until they are consumed.
Psa 18:38 I will strike them through, so that they will not be able to rise. They shall fall under my feet.
Psa 18:39 For you have girded me with strength to the battle. You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
Psa 18:40 You have also made my enemies turn their backs to me, that I might cut off those who hate me.
Psa 18:41 They cried, but there was none to save; even to Yahweh, but he didn't answer them.
Psa 18:42 Then I beat them small as the dust before the wind. I cast them out as the mire of the streets.
Psa 18:43 You have delivered me from the strivings of the people. You have made me the head of the nations. A people whom I have not known shall serve me.
Psa 18:44 As soon as they hear of me they shall obey me. The foreigners shall submit themselves to me.
Psa 18:45 The foreigners shall fade away, and shall come trembling out of their close places.
Psa 18:46 Yahweh lives; and blessed be my rock. Exalted be the God of my salvation,
Psa 18:47 even the God who executes vengeance for me, and subdues peoples under me.
Psa 18:48 He rescues me from my enemies. Yes, you lift me up above those who rise up against me. You deliver me from the violent man.
Psa 18:49 Therefore I will give thanks to you, Yahweh, among the nations, and will sing praises to your name.
Psa 18:50 He gives great deliverance to his king, and shows loving kindness to his anointed, to David and to his seed, forevermore.
Psa 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God. The expanse shows his handiwork.
Psa 19:2 Day after day they pour forth speech, and night after night they display knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Psa 19:4 Their voice has gone out through all the earth, their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,
Psa 19:5 which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a strong man rejoicing to run his course.
Psa 19:6 His going forth is from the end of the heavens, his circuit to its ends; There is nothing hidden from its heat.
Psa 19:7 Yahweh's law is perfect, restoring the soul. Yahweh's testimony is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 Yahweh's precepts are right, rejoicing the heart. Yahweh's commandment is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever. Yahweh's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yes, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the extract of the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover by them is your servant warned. In keeping them there is great reward.
Psa 19:12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive me from hidden errors.
Psa 19:13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me. Then I will be upright. I will be blameless and innocent of great transgression.

Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Yahweh, my rock, and my redeemer. 



The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.

Psalms

Psalms 16 1
Preserve me, God, for in you do I take refuge.
{Michtam of David.} Preserve me, O ·God: for I trust in thee.
A Secret Treasure of David. Preserve me, O God, for I did trust in Thee.
Psalms 16 2
My soul, you have said to Yahweh, "You are my Lord. Apart from you I have no good thing."
Thou [my soul] hast said to Jehovah, Thou art the Lord: my goodness [extendeth] not to
thee; --
Thou hast said to Jehovah, `My Lord Thou [art];` My good [is] not for thine own
sake;
Psalms 16 3
As for the saints who are in the earth, They are the excellent ones in whom is all my delight.
To the saints that are on the earth, and to the excellent [thou hast said], In them is all my
delight.
For the holy ones who [are] in the land, And the honourable, all my delight [is] in
them.
Psalms 16 4
Their sorrows shall be multiplied who give gifts to another god. Their drink-offerings of
blood I will not offer, Nor take their names on my lips.
Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another: their drink-offerings of
blood will I not offer, and I will not take up their names into my lips.
Multiplied are their griefs, [Who] have hastened backward; I pour not out their
libations of blood, Nor do I take up their names on my lips.
Psalms 16 5
Yahweh assigned my portion and my cup. You made my lot secure.
Jehovah is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
Jehovah [is] the portion of my share, and of my cup, Thou -- Thou dost uphold my
lot.
Psalms 16 6
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. Yes, I have a good inheritance.
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Lines have fallen to me in pleasant places, Yea, a beauteous inheritance [is] for me.
Psalms 16 7
I will bless Yahweh, who has given me counsel. Yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.
I will bless Jehovah, who giveth me counsel; even in the nights my reins instruct me.
I bless Jehovah who hath counselled me; Also [in] the nights my reins instruct me.
Psalms 16 8
I have set Yahweh always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
I have set Jehovah continually before me; because [he is] at my right hand, I shall not be
moved.
I did place Jehovah before me continually, Because -- at my right hand I am not
moved.
Psalms 16 9
Therefore my heart is glad, and my tongue rejoices. My body shall also dwell in safety.
Therefore my heart rejoiceth, and my glory exulteth; my flesh moreover shall dwell in
hope.
Therefore hath my heart been glad, And my honour doth rejoice, Also my flesh
dwelleth confidently:
Psalms 16 10
For you will not leave my soul in Sheol, Neither will you allow your holy one to see corruption.
For thou wilt not leave my soul to Sheol, neither wilt thou allow thy Holy One to see
corruption.
For Thou dost not leave my soul to Sheol, Nor givest thy saintly one to see
corruption.
Psalms 16 11
You will show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy. In your right hand there
are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 17 A Prayer by David.
Thou wilt make known to me the path of life: thy countenance is fulness of joy; at thy
right hand are pleasures for evermore.
Thou causest me to know the path of life; Fulness of joys [is] with Thy presence,
Pleasant things by Thy right hand for ever!
Psalms 17 1
Hear, Yahweh, my righteous plea; Give ear to my prayer, that doesn`t go out of deceitful lips.
{A Prayer of David.} Hear the right, O Jehovah, attend unto my cry; give ear unto my
prayer, which is not out of feigned lips.
A Prayer of David. Hear, O Jehovah, righteousness, attend my cry, Give ear [to] my
prayer, without lips of deceit.
Psalms 17 2
Let my sentence come forth from your presence; Let your eyes look on equity.
Let my judgment come forth from thy presence, let thine eyes regard equity.
From before thee my judgment doth go out; Thine eyes do see uprightly.
Psalms 17 3
You have proved my heart; you have visited me in the night; You have tried me, and found
nothing; I have resolved that my mouth shall not disobey.
Thou hast proved my heart, thou hast visited me by night; thou hast tried me, thou hast
found nothing: my thought goeth not beyond my word.
Thou hast proved my heart, Thou hast inspected by night, Thou hast tried me,
Thou findest nothing; My thoughts pass not over my mouth.
Psalms 17 4
As for the works of men, by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the ways of the
violent.
Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept from the paths of the
violent [man].
As to doings of man, Through a word of Thy lips I have observed The paths of a
destroyer;
Psalms 17 5
My steps have held fast to your paths, My feet have not slipped.
When thou holdest my goings in thy paths, my footsteps slip not.
To uphold my goings in Thy paths, My steps have not slidden.
Psalms 17 6
I have called on you, for you will answer me, God: Turn your ear to me. Hear my speech.
I have called upon thee, for thou answerest me, O ·God. Incline thine ear unto me, hear my
speech.
I -- I called Thee, for Thou dost answer me, O God, incline Thine ear to me, hear my
speech.
Psalms 17 7
Show your marvelous lovingkindness, You who save those who take refuge by your right hand
from their enemies.
Shew wondrously thy loving-kindnesses, O thou that savest by thy right hand them that
trust [in thee] from those that rise up [against them].
Separate wonderfully Thy kindness, O Saviour of the confiding, By Thy right hand,
from withstanders.
Psalms 17 8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; Hide me under the shadow of your wings,
Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
Keep me as the apple, the daughter of the eye; In shadow of Thy wings thou dost
hide me.
Psalms 17 9
From the wicked who oppress me, My deadly enemies, who compass me about.
From the wicked that destroy me, my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
From the face of the wicked who spoiled me. Mine enemies in soul go round
against me.
Psalms 17 10
They close up their callous hearts. With their mouth they speak proudly.
They are enclosed in their own fat; with their mouth they speak proudly.
Their fat they have closed up, Their mouths have spoken with pride:
Psalms 17 11
They have now surrounded us in our steps. They set their eyes to cast us down to the earth.
They have now encompassed us in our steps; their eyes have they set, bowing down to the
earth.
`Our steps now have compassed [him];` Their eyes they set to turn aside in the
land.
Psalms 17 12
He is like a lion that is greedy of his prey, As it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
He is like a lion that is greedy of its prey, and as a young lion lurking in secret places.
His likeness as a lion desirous to tear, As a young lion dwelling in secret places.
Psalms 17 13
Arise, Yahweh, Confront him, cast him down. Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword;
Arise, Jehovah, anticipate him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, thy
sword;
Arise, O Jehovah, go before his face, Cause him to bend. Deliver my soul from the
wicked, Thy sword,
Psalms 17 14
From men by your hand, Yahweh, From men of the world, whose portion is in this life, Whose
belly you fill with your treasure: They are satisfied with children, Leave the rest of their
substance to their babes.
From men [who are] thy hand, O Jehovah, from men of this age: their portion is in [this]
life, and their belly thou fillest with thy hid [treasure]; they have their fill of sons, and
leave the rest of their [substance] to their children.
From men, Thy hand, O Jehovah, From men of the world, their portion [is] in life,
And [with] Thy hidden things Thou fillest their belly, They are satisfied [with]
sons; And have left their abundance to their sucklings.
Psalms 17 15
As for me, I shall see your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with seeing
your form. Psalm 18 For the Chief Musician. By David, the servant of Yahweh, who spoke to
Yahweh the words of this song in the day that Yahweh delivered him from the hand of all his
enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said,
As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with
thy likeness.
I -- in righteousness, I see Thy face; I am satisfied, in awaking, [with] Thy form!
Psalms 18 1
I love you, Yahweh, my strength.
{To the chief Musician. [A Psalm] of David, the servant of Jehovah, who spoke to Jehovah
the words of this song in the day that Jehovah had delivered him out of the hand of all his
enemies and out of the hand of Saul. And he said,} I will love thee, O Jehovah, my
strength.
To the Overseer. -- By a servant of Jehovah, by David, who hath spoken to Jehovah
the words of this song in the day Jehovah delivered him from the hand of all his
enemies, and from the hand of Saul, and he saith: -- I love Thee, O Jehovah, my
strength.
Psalms 18 2
Yahweh is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I will take
refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower.
Jehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my ·God, my rock, in whom I will
trust; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower.
Jehovah [is] my rock, and my bulwark, And my deliverer, My God [is] my rock, I
trust in Him: My shield, and a horn of my salvation, My high tower.
Psalms 18 3
I will call on Yahweh, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
I will call upon Jehovah, who is to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
The `Praised One` I call Jehovah, And from my enemies I am saved.
Psalms 18 4
The cords of death surrounded me. The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
The bands of death encompassed me, and torrents of Belial made me afraid.
Compassed me have cords of death, And streams of the worthless make me afraid.
Psalms 18 5
The cords of Sheol were round about me; The snares of death came on me.
The bands of Sheol surrounded me, the cords of death encountered me.
Cords of Sheol have surrounded me, Before me have been snares of death.
Psalms 18 6
In my distress I called on Yahweh, And cried to my God. He heard my voice out of his temple,
My cry before him came into his ears.
In my distress I called upon Jehovah, and I cried out to my God; he heard my voice out of
his temple, and my cry came before him, into his ears.
In mine adversity I call Jehovah, And unto my God I cry. He heareth from His
temple my voice, And My cry before Him cometh into His ears.
Psalms 18 7
Then the earth shook and trembled. The foundations also of the mountains quaked and were
shaken, Because he was angry.
Then the earth shook and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains trembled and
shook, because he was wroth.
And shake and tremble doth the earth, And foundations of hills are troubled, And
they shake -- because He hath wrath.
Psalms 18 8
There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, Fire out of his mouth devoured; Coals were kindled
by it.
There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals
burned forth from it.
Gone up hath smoke by His nostrils, And fire from His mouth consumeth, Coals
have been kindled by it.
Psalms 18 9
He bowed the heavens also, and came down. Thick darkness was under his feet.
And he bowed the heavens, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
And He inclineth the heavens, and cometh down, And thick darkness [is] under
His feet.
Psalms 18 10
He rode on a cherub, and flew. Yes, he soared on the wings of the wind.
And he rode upon a cherub and did fly; yea, he flew fast upon the wings of the wind.
And He rideth on a cherub, and doth fly, And He flieth on wings of wind.
Psalms 18 11
He made darkness his hiding-place, his pavilion around him, Darkness of waters, thick clouds
of the skies.
He made darkness his secret place, his tent round about him: darkness of waters, thick
clouds of the skies.
He maketh darkness His secret place, Round about Him His tabernacle, Darkness
of waters, thick clouds of the skies.
Psalms 18 12
At the brightness before him his thick clouds passed, Hailstones and coals of fire.
From the brightness before him his thick clouds passed forth: hail and coals of fire.
From the brightness over-against Him His thick clouds have passed on, Hail and
coals of fire.
Psalms 18 13
Yahweh also thundered in the sky, The Most High uttered his voice, Hailstones and coals of
fire.
And Jehovah thundered in the heavens, and the Most High uttered his voice: hail and
coals of fire.
And thunder in the heavens doth Jehovah, And the Most High giveth forth His
voice, Hail and coals of fire.
Psalms 18 14
He sent out his arrows, and scattered them; Yes, lightnings manifold, and routed them.
And he sent his arrows, and scattered [mine enemies]; and he shot forth lightnings, and
discomfited them.
And He sendeth His arrows and scattereth them, And much lightning, and
crusheth them.
Psalms 18 15
Then the channels of waters appeared, The foundations of the world were laid bare, At your
rebuke, Yahweh, At the blast of the breath of your nostrils.
And the beds of the waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were uncovered at
thy rebuke, Jehovah, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
And seen are the streams of waters, And revealed are foundations of the earth.
From Thy rebuke, O Jehovah, From the breath of the spirit of Thine anger.
Psalms 18 16
He sent from on high. He took me. He drew me out of many waters.
He reached forth from above, he took me, he drew me out of great waters:
He sendeth from above -- He taketh me, He draweth me out of many waters.
Psalms 18 17
He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me; for they were too mighty for
me.
He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me; for they were
mightier than I.
He delivereth me from my strong enemy, And from those hating me, For they have
been stronger than I.
Psalms 18 18
They came on me in the day of my calamity, But Yahweh was my support.
They encountered me in the day of my calamity, but Jehovah was my stay.
They go before me in a day of my calamity And Jehovah is for a support to me.
Psalms 18 19
He brought me forth also into a large place. He delivered me, because he delighted in me.
And he brought me forth into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
And He bringeth me forth to a large place, He draweth me out, because He
delighted in me.
Psalms 18 20
Yahweh has rewarded me according to my righteousness. According to the cleanness of my
hands has he recompensed me.
Jehovah hath rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of
my hands hath he recompensed me.
Jehovah doth recompense me According to my righteousness, According to the
cleanness of my hands, He doth return to me.
Psalms 18 21
For I have kept the ways of Yahweh, And have not wickedly departed from my God.
For I have kept the ways of Jehovah, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
For I have kept the ways of Jehovah, And have not done wickedly against my God.
Psalms 18 22
For all his ordinances were before me. I didn`t put away his statutes from me.
For all his ordinances were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me;
For all His judgments [are] before me, And His statutes I turn not from me.
Psalms 18 23
I was also blameless with him. I kept myself from my iniquity.
And I was upright with him, and kept myself from mine iniquity.
And I am perfect with him, And I keep myself from mine iniquity.
Psalms 18 24
Therefore has Yahweh recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to the
cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.
And Jehovah hath recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the
cleanness of my hands in his sight.
And Jehovah doth return to me, According to my righteousness, According to the
cleanness of my hands, Over-against his eyes.
Psalms 18 25
With the merciful you will show yourself merciful. With the perfect man, you will show
yourself perfect.
With the gracious thou dost shew thyself gracious; with the upright man thou dost shew
thyself upright;
With the kind Thou showest Thyself kind, With a perfect man showest Thyself
perfect.
Psalms 18 26
With the pure, you will show yourself pure. With the crooked you will show yourself shrewd.
With the pure thou dost shew thyself pure; and with the perverse thou dost shew thyself
contrary.
With the pure Thou showest Thyself pure, And with the perverse showest Thyself a
wrestler,
Psalms 18 27
For you will save the afflicted people, But the haughty eyes you will bring down.
For it is thou that savest the afflicted people; but the haughty eyes wilt thou bring down.
For Thou a poor people savest, And the eyes of the high causest to fall.
Psalms 18 28
For you will light my lamp. Yahweh, my God, will light up my darkness.
For it is thou that makest my lamp to shine: Jehovah my God enlighteneth my darkness.
For Thou -- Thou lightest my lamp, Jehovah my God enlighteneth my darkness.
Psalms 18 29
For by you, I advance through a troop. By my God, I leap over a wall.
For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
For by Thee I run -- a troop! And by my God I leap a wall.
Psalms 18 30
As for God, his way is perfect. The word of Yahweh is tried. He is a shield to all those who
take refuge in him.
As for ·God, his way is perfect; the word of Jehovah is tried: he is a shield to all that trust
in him.
God! perfect [is] His way, The saying of Jehovah is tried, A shield [is] He to all
those trusting in Him.
Psalms 18 31
For who is God, except Yahweh? Who is a rock, besides our God,
For who is +God save Jehovah? and who is a rock if not our God?
For who [is] God besides Jehovah? And who [is] a rock save our God?
Psalms 18 32
The God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect?
The ·God who girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect,
God! who is girding me [with] strength, And He maketh perfect my way.
Psalms 18 33
He makes my feet like hinds` feet, And sets me on my high places.
Who maketh my feet like hinds` [feet], and setteth me upon my high places;
Making my feet like hinds, And on my high places causeth me to stand.
Psalms 18 34
He teaches my hands to war; So that my arms bend a bow of bronze.
Who teacheth my hands to war, and mine arms bend a bow of brass;
Teaching my hands for battle, And a bow of brass was brought down by my arms.
Psalms 18 35
You have also given me the shield of your salvation. Your right hand sustains me. Your
gentleness has made me great.
And thou didst give me the shield of thy salvation, and thy right hand held me up; and
thy condescending gentleness hath made me great.
And Thou givest to me the shield of Thy salvation, And Thy right hand doth
support me, And Thy lowliness maketh me great.
Psalms 18 36
You have enlarged my steps under me, My feet have not slipped.
Thou didst enlarge my steps under me, and mine ankles have not wavered.
Thou enlargest my step under me, And mine ankles have not slidden.
Psalms 18 37
I will pursue my enemies, and overtake them. Neither will I turn again until they are
consumed.
I pursued mine enemies, and overtook them; and I turned not again till they were
consumed.
I pursue mine enemies, and overtake them, And turn back not till they are
consumed.
Psalms 18 38
I will strike them through, so that they will not be able to rise. They shall fall under my
feet.
I crushed them, and they were not able to rise: they fell under my feet.
I smite them, and they are not able to rise, They fall under my feet,
Psalms 18 39
For you have girded me with strength to the battle. You have subdued under me those who rose
up against me.
And thou girdedst me with strength to battle; thou didst subdue under me those that
rose up against me.
And Thou girdest me [with] strength for battle, Causest my withstanders to bow
under me.
Psalms 18 40
You have also made my enemies turn their backs to me, That I might cut off those who hate me.
And mine enemies didst thou make to turn their backs unto me, and those that hated me
I destroyed.
As to mine enemies -- Thou hast given to me the neck, As to those hating me -- I
cut them off.
Psalms 18 41
They cried, but there was none to save; Even to Yahweh, but he didn`t answer them.
They cried, and there was none to save; -- unto Jehovah, and he answered them not.
They cry, and there is no saviour, On Jehovah, and He doth not answer them.
Psalms 18 42
Then I beat them small as the dust before the wind. I cast them out as the mire of the streets.
And I did beat them small as dust before the wind; I did cast them out as the mire of the
streets.
And I beat them as dust before wind, As mire of the streets I empty them out.
Psalms 18 43
You have delivered me from the strivings of the people. You have made me the head of the
nations. A people whom I have not known shall serve me.
Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; thou hast made me the head of
the nations: a people I knew not doth serve me.
Thou dost deliver me From the strivings of the people, Thou placest me for a head
of nations, A people I have not known do serve me.
Psalms 18 44
As soon as they hear of me they shall obey me. The foreigners shall submit themselves to me.
At the hearing of the ear, they obey me: strangers come cringing unto me.
At the hearing of the ear they hearken to me, Sons of a stranger feign obedience
to me,
Psalms 18 45
The foreigners shall fade away, And shall come trembling out of their close places.
Strangers have faded away, and they come trembling forth from their close places.
Sons of a stranger fade away, And are slain out of their close places.
Psalms 18 46
Yahweh lives; and blessed be my rock. Exalted be the God of my salvation,
Jehovah liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of my salvation,
Jehovah liveth -- and blessed [is] my rock, And exalted is the God of my salvation.
Psalms 18 47
Even the God who executes vengeance for me, And subdues peoples under me.
The ·God who hath avenged me, and hath subjected the peoples to me;
God -- who is giving vengeance to me, And He subdueth peoples under me,
Psalms 18 48
He rescues me from my enemies. Yes, you lift me up above those who rise up against me. You
deliver me from the violent man.
Who hath delivered me from mine enemies: yea, thou hast lifted me up above them that
rose up against me; from the man of violence hast thou delivered me.
My deliverer from mine enemies, Above my withstanders Thou raisest me, From a
man of violence dost deliver me.
Psalms 18 49
Therefore I will give thanks to you, Yahweh, among the nations, And will sing praises to your
name.
Therefore will I give thanks to thee, Jehovah, among the nations, and will sing psalms to
thy name.
Therefore I confess Thee among nations, O Jehovah, And to Thy name I sing praise,
Psalms 18 50
He gives great deliverance to his king, And shows lovingkindness to his anointed, To David
and to his seed, forevermore. Psalm 19 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
[It is he] who giveth great deliverances to his king, and sheweth loving-kindness to his
anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.
Magnifying the salvation of His king, And doing kindness to His anointed, To
David, and to his seed -- unto the age!
Psalms 19 1
The heavens declare the glory of God. The expanse shows his handiwork.
{To the chief Musician. A Psalm of David.} The heavens declare the glory of ·God; and the
expanse sheweth the work of his hands.
To the Overseer. -- A Psalm of David. The heavens [are] recounting the honour of
God, And the work of His hands The expanse [is] declaring.
Psalms 19 2
Day after day they pour forth speech, And night after night they display knowledge.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Day to day uttereth speech, And night to night sheweth knowledge.
Psalms 19 3
There is no speech nor language, Where their voice is not heard.
There is no speech and there are no words, yet their voice is heard.
There is no speech, and there are no words. Their voice hath not been heard.
Psalms 19 4
Their voice has gone out through all the earth, Their words to the end of the world. In them he
has set a tent for the sun,
Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their language to the extremity of the
world. In them hath he set a tent for the sun,
Into all the earth hath their line gone forth, And to the end of the world their
sayings, For the sun He placed a tent in them,
Psalms 19 5
Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, Like a strong man rejoicing to run his
course.
And he is as a bridegroom going forth from his chamber; he rejoiceth as a strong man to
run the race.
And he, as a bridegroom, goeth out from his covering, He rejoiceth as a mighty
one To run the path.
Psalms 19 6
His going forth is from the end of the heavens, His circuit to the ends of it; There is nothing
hid from the heat of it.
His going forth is from the end of the heavens, and his circuit unto the ends of it; and
there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
From the end of the heavens [is] his going out, And his revolution [is] unto their
ends, And nothing is hid from his heat.
Psalms 19 7
The law of Yahweh is perfect, restoring the soul. The testimony of Yahweh is sure, making wise
the simple.
The law of Jehovah is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of Jehovah is sure, making
wise the simple;
The law of Jehovah [is] perfect, refreshing the soul, The testimonies of Jehovah
[are] stedfast, Making wise the simple,
Psalms 19 8
The precepts of Yahweh are right, rejoicing the heart. The commandment of Yahweh is pure,
enlightening the eyes.
The precepts of Jehovah are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of Jehovah is
pure, enlightening the eyes;
The precepts of Jehovah [are] upright, Rejoicing the heart, The command of
Jehovah [is] pure, enlightening the eyes,
Psalms 19 9
The fear of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever. The ordinances of Yahweh are true, and
righteous altogether.
The fear of Jehovah is clean, enduring for ever; the judgments of Jehovah are truth, they
are righteous altogether:
The fear of Jehovah [is] clean, standing to the age, The judgments of Jehovah [are]
true, They have been righteous -- together.
Psalms 19 10
More to be desired are they than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and
the extract of the honeycomb.
They are more precious than gold, yea, than much fine gold; and sweeter than honey and
the dropping of the honeycomb.
They are more desirable than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; and sweeter than
honey, Even liquid honey of the comb.
Psalms 19 11
Moreover by them is your servant warned. In keeping them there is great reward.
Moreover, by them is thy servant enlightened; in keeping them there is great reward.
Also -- Thy servant is warned by them, `In keeping them [is] a great reward.`
Psalms 19 12
Who can discern his errors? Forgive me from hidden errors.
Who understandeth [his] errors? Purify me from secret [faults].
Errors! who doth understand? From hidden ones declare me innocent,
Psalms 19 13
Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I will be upright, I will be blameless and innocent of great transgression.
Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous [sins]; let them not have dominion over
me: then shall I be perfect, and I shall be innocent from great transgression.
Also -- from presumptuous ones keep back Thy servant, Let them not rule over me,
Then am I perfect, And declared innocent of much transgression,
Psalms 19 14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in your sight,
Yahweh, my rock, and my redeemer. Psalm 20 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O
Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.
Let the sayings of my mouth, And the meditation of my heart, Be for a pleasing

thing before Thee, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer!


Study Questions

The LORD is? 16:5

What will satisfy? 17:15

The LORD is __________ __________ __________ __________? 18:3

To the froward (perverse), God is ____________? 18:26

God's way is __________? 18:30

God is to be _______? 18:46

The law of the LORD is ____________? 19:7



The World English Bible


Aug. 29
Romans 10

Rom 10:1 Brothers, my heart's desire and my prayer to God is for Israel, that they may be saved.
Rom 10:2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn't subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Rom 10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness of the law, "The one who does them will live by them."
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith says this, "Don't say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' (that is, to bring Christ down);
Rom 10:7 or, 'Who will descend into the abyss?' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)"
Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart;" that is, the word of faith, which we preach:
Rom 10:9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed."
Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on him.
Rom 10:13 For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Rom 10:14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in him whom they have not heard? How will they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how will they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Good News of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!"
Rom 10:16 But they didn't all listen to the glad news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"
Rom 10:17 So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, didn't they hear? Yes, most certainly, "Their sound went out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."
Rom 10:19 But I ask, didn't Israel know? First Moses says, "I will provoke you to jealousy with that which is no nation, with a nation void of understanding I will make you angry."
Rom 10:20 Isaiah is very bold, and says, "I was found by those who didn't seek me. I was revealed to those who didn't ask for me."
Rom 10:21 But as to Israel he says, "All day long I stretched out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people."


The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Romans


Romans 10 1
Brothers, my heart`s desire and my prayer to God is for Israel, that they may be saved.
Brethren, the delight of my own heart and my supplication which [I address] to God for
them is for salvation.
Brethren, the pleasure indeed of my heart, and my supplication that [is] to God
for Israel, is -- for salvation;
Romans 10 2
For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
For I bear them witness that they have zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
for I bear them testimony that they have a zeal of God, but not according to
knowledge,
Romans 10 3
For being ignorant of God`s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness,
they didn`t subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For they, being ignorant of God`s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own
[righteousness], have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
for not knowing the righteousness of God, and their own righteousness seeking to
establish, to the righteousness of God they did not submit.
Romans 10 4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
For Christ is [the] end of law for righteousness to every one that believes.
For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing,

Romans 10 5
For Moses writes about the righteousness of the law, "The one who does them will live by them."
For Moses lays down in writing the righteousness which is of the law, The man who has
practised those things shall live by them.
for Moses doth describe the righteousness that [is] of the law, that, `The man who
did them shall live in them,`
Romans 10 6
But the righteousness which is of faith says this, "Don`t say in your heart, `Who will ascend into
heaven?` (that is, to bring Christ down);
But the righteousness of faith speaks thus: Do not say in thine heart, Who shall ascend to
the heavens? that is, to bring Christ down;
and the righteousness of faith doth thus speak: `Thou mayest not say in thine
heart, Who shall go up to the heaven,` that is, Christ to bring down?
Romans 10 7
or, `Who will descend into the abyss?` (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)"
or, Who shall descend into the abyss? that is, to bring up Christ from among [the] dead.
or, `Who shall go down to the abyss,` that is, Christ out of the dead to bring up.
Romans 10 8
But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart;" that is, the word
of faith, which we preach:
But what says it? The word is near thee, in thy mouth and in thy heart: that is, the word
of faith, which we preach:
But what doth it say? `Nigh thee is the saying -- in thy mouth, and in thy heart:`
that is, the saying of the faith, that we preach;
Romans 10 9
that if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God
raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thine heart
that God has raised him from among [the] dead, thou shalt be saved.
that if thou mayest confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and mayest believe in
thy heart that God did raise him out of the dead, thou shalt be saved,
Romans 10 10
For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto
salvation.
For with [the] heart is believed to righteousness; and with [the] mouth confession made
to salvation.
for with the heart doth [one] believe to righteousness, and with the mouth is
confession made to salvation;

Romans 10 11
For the scripture says, "Whoever believes in him will not be put to shame."
For the scripture says, No one believing on him shall be ashamed.
for the Writing saith, `Every one who is believing on him shall not be ashamed,`
Romans 10 12
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to
all who call on him.
For there is no difference of Jew and Greek; for the same Lord of all [is] rich towards all
that call upon him.
for there is no difference between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord of all [is] rich
to all those calling upon Him,
Romans 10 13
For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
For every one whosoever, who shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved.
for every one -- whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.`

Romans 10 14
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in him
whom they have not heard? How will they hear without a preacher?
How then shall they call upon him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they
believe on him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without one who
preaches?
How then shall they call upon [him] in whom they did not believe? and how shall
they believe [on him] of whom they did not hear? and how shall they hear apart
from one preaching?
Romans 10 15
And how will they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of
those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!"
and how shall they preach unless they have been sent? according as it is written, How
beautiful the feet of them that announce glad tidings of peace, of them that announce
glad tidings of good things!
and how shall they preach, if they may not be sent? according as it hath been
written, `How beautiful the feet of those proclaiming good tidings of peace, of
those proclaiming good tidings of the good things!`

Romans 10 16
But they didn`t all listen to the glad news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"
But they have not all obeyed the glad tidings. For Esaias says, Lord, who has believed our
report?
But they were not all obedient to the good tidings, for Isaiah saith, `Lord, who did
give credence to our report?`
Romans 10 17
So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
So faith then [is] by a report, but the report by God`s word.
so then the faith [is] by a report, and the report through a saying of God,
Romans 10 18
But I say, didn`t they hear? Yes, most assuredly, "Their sound went out into all the earth, Their
words to the ends of the world."
But I say, Have they not heard? Yea, surely, Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
and their words to the extremities of the habitable world.
but I say, Did they not hear? yes, indeed -- `to all the earth their voice went forth,
and to the ends of the habitable world their sayings.`

Romans 10 19
But I ask, didn`t Israel know? First Moses says, "I will provoke you to jealousy with that which is
no nation, With a nation void of understanding I will make you angry."
But I say, Has not Israel known? First, Moses says, *I* will provoke you to jealousy through
[them that are] not a nation: through a nation without understanding I will anger you.
But I say, Did not Israel know? first Moses saith, `I will provoke you to jealousy by
[that which is] not a nation; by an unintelligent nation I will anger you,`
Romans 10 20
Isaiah is very bold, and says, "I was found by those who didn`t seek me. I was revealed to those
who didn`t ask for me."
But Esaias is very bold, and says, I have been found by those not seeking me; I have
become manifest to those not inquiring after me.
and Isaiah is very bold, and saith, `I was found by those not seeking Me; I became
manifest to those not inquiring after Me;`

Romans 10 21
But as to Israel he says, "All day long I stretched out my hands to a disobedient and contrary
people.
But unto Israel he says, All the day long I have stretched out my hands unto a people
disobeying and opposing.
and unto Israel He saith, `All the day I did stretch out My hands unto a people
unbelieving and gainsaying.`


Study Questions

Who shall be saved? 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment