August 24, 2013

From Gary... Happy


Think she is happy?  I do!!!  And the cause of this joy? Simple running water.  Wait, I was wrong; she isn't happy- SHE IS VERY, VERY HAPPY!!!!  And she doesn't even have that new electronic toy or fancy outfit that all the toddlers are raving about!!!  We think we know happiness and then along comes this picture. I think I know happiness, then God gives me children and grandchildren and last of all -  dogs.  In thinking about happiness, it is impossible for me to think of the subject without the following...

Matthew, Chapter 5

  1 Seeing the multitudes, he went up onto the mountain. When he had sat down, his disciples came to him.  2 He opened his mouth and taught them, saying, 
  3  “Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. 
  4  Blessed are those who mourn, 
for they shall be comforted. 
  5  Blessed are the gentle, 
for they shall inherit the earth. 
  6  Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, 
for they shall be filled. 
  7  Blessed are the merciful, 
for they shall obtain mercy. 
  8  Blessed are the pure in heart, 
for they shall see God. 
  9  Blessed are the peacemakers, 
for they shall be called children of God. 
  10  Blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, 
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. 


  11  “Blessed are you when people reproach you, persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for my sake.


Like I said, we think we know happiness (blessed, above) and then Jesus redefines everything!!!  Many people have written books on this portion of Scripture, so I won't boor you with my limited understanding. However, just one thought comes to my mind:  If you really want to know happiness- let Jesus define it for you.  The beauty of its sincerity is in its simplicity. Well, we are back to the picture again.  Enjoy this wonderful August morning andBE HAPPY!!!

Your Friend,
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment