September 29, 2013

From Gary.... Bible Reading and Study September 29




Bible Reading and Study    
September 29


The World English Bible



Sept. 29
Psalms 115-117

Psa 115:1 Not to us, Yahweh, not to us, but to your name give glory, for your loving kindness, and for your truth's sake.
Psa 115:2 Why should the nations say, "Where is their God, now?"
Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens. He does whatever he pleases.
Psa 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa 115:5 They have mouths, but they don't speak. They have eyes, but they don't see.
Psa 115:6 They have ears, but they don't hear. They have noses, but they don't smell.
Psa 115:7 They have hands, but they don't feel. They have feet, but they don't walk, neither do they speak through their throat.
Psa 115:8 Those who make them will be like them; yes, everyone who trusts in them.
Psa 115:9 Israel, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Psa 115:10 House of Aaron, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Psa 115:11 You who fear Yahweh, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Psa 115:12 Yahweh remembers us. He will bless us. He will bless the house of Israel. He will bless the house of Aaron.
Psa 115:13 He will bless those who fear Yahweh, both small and great.
Psa 115:14 May Yahweh increase you more and more, you and your children.
Psa 115:15 Blessed are you by Yahweh, who made heaven and earth.
Psa 115:16 The heavens are the heavens of Yahweh; but the earth has he given to the children of men.
Psa 115:17 The dead don't praise Yah, neither any who go down into silence;
Psa 115:18 But we will bless Yah, from this time forth and forevermore. Praise Yah!
Psa 116:1 I love Yahweh, because he listens to my voice, and my cries for mercy.
Psa 116:2 Because he has turned his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
Psa 116:3 The cords of death surrounded me, the pains of Sheol got a hold of me. I found trouble and sorrow.
Psa 116:4 Then I called on the name of Yahweh: "Yahweh, I beg you, deliver my soul."
Psa 116:5 Yahweh is Gracious and righteous. Yes, our God is merciful.
Psa 116:6 Yahweh preserves the simple. I was brought low, and he saved me.
Psa 116:7 Return to your rest, my soul, for Yahweh has dealt bountifully with you.
Psa 116:8 For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
Psa 116:9 I will walk before Yahweh in the land of the living.
Psa 116:10 I believed, therefore I said, "I was greatly afflicted."
Psa 116:11 I said in my haste, "All men are liars."
Psa 116:12 What will I give to Yahweh for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call on the name of Yahweh.
Psa 116:14 I will pay my vows to Yahweh, yes, in the presence of all his people.
Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of Yahweh is the death of his saints.
Psa 116:16 Yahweh, truly I am your servant. I am your servant, the son of your handmaid. You have freed me from my chains.
Psa 116:17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call on the name of Yahweh.
Psa 116:18 I will pay my vows to Yahweh, yes, in the presence of all his people,
Psa 116:19 in the courts of Yahweh's house, in the midst of you, Jerusalem. Praise Yah!

Psa 117:1 Praise Yahweh, all you nations! Extol him, all you peoples!
Psa 117:2 For his loving kindness is great toward us. Yahweh's faithfulness endures forever. Praise Yah! 
 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Psalms
 
 
Psalms 115 1
Not to us, Yahweh, not to us, But to your name give glory, For your lovingkindness, and for
your truth`s sake.
Not unto us, O Jehovah, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy loving-kindness
and for thy truth`s sake.
Not to us, O Jehovah, not to us, But to Thy name give honour, For Thy kindness, for
Thy truth.
Psalms 115 2
Why should the nations say, "Where is their God, now?"
Wherefore should the nations say, Where then is their God?
Why do the nations say, `Where, pray, [is] their God.
Psalms 115 3
But our God is in the heavens. He does whatever he pleases.
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he pleased.
And our God [is] in the heavens, All that He hath pleased He hath done.
Psalms 115 4
Their idols are silver and gold, The work of men`s hands.
Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men`s hands:
Their idols [are] silver and gold, work of man`s hands,
Psalms 115 5
They have mouths, but they don`t speak; They have eyes, but they don`t see;
They have a mouth, and they speak not; eyes have they, and they see not;
A mouth they have, and they speak not, Eyes they have, and they see not,
Psalms 115 6
They have ears, but they don`t hear; They have noses, but they don`t smell;
They have ears, and they hear not; a nose have they, and they smell not;
Ears they have, and they hear not, A nose they have, and they smell not,
Psalms 115 7
They have hands, but they don`t feel; They have feet, but they don`t walk; Neither do they
speak through their throat.
They have hands, and they handle not; feet have they, and they walk not; they give no
sound through their throat.
Their hands, but they handle not, Their feet, and they walk not;
Psalms 115 8
Those who make them will be like them; Yes, everyone who trusts in them.
They that make them are like unto them, -- every one that confideth in them.
Nor do they mutter through their throat, Like them are their makers, Every one
who is trusting in them.
Psalms 115 9
Israel, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
O Israel, confide thou in Jehovah: he is their help and their shield.
O Israel, trust in Jehovah, `Their help and their shield [is] He.`
Psalms 115 10
House of Aaron, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
House of Aaron, confide in Jehovah: he is their help and their shield.
O house of Aaron, trust in Jehovah, `Their help and their shield [is] He.`
Psalms 115 11
You who fear Yahweh, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Ye that fear Jehovah, confide in Jehovah: he is their help and their shield.
Ye fearing Jehovah, trust in Jehovah, `Their help and their shield [is] He.`
Psalms 115 12
Yahweh remembers us. He will bless us. He will bless the house of Israel. He will bless the
house of Aaron.
Jehovah hath been mindful of us: he will bless, he will bless the house of Israel; he will
bless the house of Aaron;
Jehovah hath remembered us, He blesseth, He blesseth the house of Israel, He
blesseth the house of Aaron,
Psalms 115 13
He will bless those who fear Yahweh, Both small and great.
He will bless them that fear Jehovah, both the small and the great.
He blesseth those fearing Jehovah, The small with the great.
Psalms 115 14
May Yahweh increase you more and more, You and your children.
Jehovah will add unto you more, unto you and unto your children.
Jehovah addeth to you, to you, and to your sons.
Psalms 115 15
Blessed are you by Yahweh, Who made heaven and earth.
Ye are blessed of Jehovah, who made the heavens and the earth.
Blessed [are] ye of Jehovah, maker of heaven and earth,
Psalms 115 16
The heavens are the heavens of Yahweh; But the earth has he given to the children of men.
The heavens are the heavens of Jehovah, but the earth hath he given to the children of
men.
The heavens -- the heavens [are] Jehovah`s, And the earth He hath given to sons of
men,
Psalms 115 17
The dead don`t praise Yah, Neither any who go down into silence;
The dead praise not Jah, neither any that go down into silence;
The dead praise not Jah, Nor any going down to silence.
Psalms 115 18
But we will bless Yah, From this time forth and forevermore. Praise Yah! Psalm 116
But *we* will bless Jah from this time forth and for evermore. Hallelujah!
And we, we bless Jah, From henceforth, and unto the age. Praise ye Jah!
Psalms 116 1
I love Yahweh, because he listens to my voice, And my cries for mercy.
I love Jehovah, for he hath heard my voice [and] my supplications;
I have loved, because Jehovah heareth My voice, my supplication,
Psalms 116 2
Because he has turned his ear to me, Therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
For he hath inclined his ear unto me, and I will call upon him during [all] my days.
Because He hath inclined His ear to me, And during my days I call.
Psalms 116 3
The cords of death surrounded me, The pains of Sheol got a hold on me. I found trouble and
sorrow.
The bands of death encompassed me, and the anguish of Sheol took hold of me; I found
trouble and sorrow:
Compassed me have cords of death, And straits of Sheol have found me, Distress
and sorrow I find.
Psalms 116 4
Then called I on the name of Yahweh: "Yahweh, I beg you, deliver my soul."
Then called I upon the name of Jehovah: I beseech thee, Jehovah, deliver my soul.
And in the name of Jehovah I call: I pray Thee, O Jehovah, deliver my soul,
Psalms 116 5
Gracious is Yahweh, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful.
Gracious is Jehovah and righteous; and our God is merciful.
Gracious [is] Jehovah, and righteous, Yea, our God [is] merciful,
Psalms 116 6
Yahweh preserves the simple. I was brought low, and he saved me.
Jehovah keepeth the simple: I was brought low, and he saved me.
A preserver of the simple [is] Jehovah, I was low, and to me He giveth salvation.
Psalms 116 7
Return to your rest, my soul, For Yahweh has dealt bountifully with you.
Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for Jehovah hath dealt bountifully with thee.
Turn back, O my soul, to thy rest, For Jehovah hath conferred benefits on thee.
Psalms 116 8
For you have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling.
For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, my feet from falling.
For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, my feet from
overthrowing.
Psalms 116 9
I will walk before Yahweh in the land of the living.
I will walk before Jehovah in the land of the living.
I walk habitually before Jehovah In the lands of the living.
Psalms 116 10
I believed, therefore I said, "I was greatly afflicted."
I believed, therefore have I spoken. As for me, I was greatly afflicted.
I have believed, for I speak, I -- I have been afflicted greatly.
Psalms 116 11
I said in my haste, "All men are liars."
I said in my haste, All men are liars.
I said in my haste, `Every man [is] a liar.`
Psalms 116 12
What will I give to Yahweh for all his benefits toward me?
What shall I render unto Jehovah, [for] all his benefits toward me?
What do I return to Jehovah? All His benefits [are] upon me.
Psalms 116 13
I will take the cup of salvation, and call on the name of Yahweh.
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of Jehovah.
The cup of salvation I lift up, And in the name of Jehovah I call.
Psalms 116 14
I will pay my vows to Yahweh, Yes, in the presence of all his people.
I will perform my vows unto Jehovah, yea, before all his people.
My vows to Jehovah let me complete, I pray you, before all His people.
Psalms 116 15
Precious in the sight of Yahweh is the death of his saints.
Precious in the sight of Jehovah is the death of his saints.
Precious in the eyes of Jehovah [is] the death for His saints.
Psalms 116 16
Yahweh, truly I am your servant. I am your servant, the son of your handmaid. You have freed me from my chains.
Yea, Jehovah! for I am thy servant; I am thy servant, the son of thy handmaid: thou hast
loosed my bonds.
Cause [it] to come, O Jehovah, for I [am] Thy servant. I [am] Thy servant, son of Thy
handmaid, Thou hast opened my bonds.
Psalms 116 17
I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving, And will call on the name of Yahweh.
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of Jehovah.
To Thee I sacrifice a sacrifice of thanks, And in the name of Jehovah I call.
Psalms 116 18
I will pay my vows to Yahweh, Yes, in the presence of all his people,
I will perform my vows unto Jehovah, yea, before all his people,
My vows to Jehovah let me complete, I pray you, before all His people,
Psalms 116 19
In the courts of Yahweh`s house, In the midst of you, Jerusalem. Praise Yah! Psalm 117
In the courts of Jehovah`s house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Hallelujah!
In the courts of the house of Jehovah, In thy midst, O Jerusalem, praise ye Jah!
Psalms 117 1
Praise Yahweh, all you nations! Extol him, all you peoples!
Praise Jehovah, all ye nations; laud him, all ye peoples;
Praise Jehovah, all ye nations, Glorify Him, all ye peoples.
Psalms 117 2
For his lovingkindness is great toward us. Yahweh`s faithfulness endures forever. Praise Yah!
Psalm 118
For his loving-kindness is great toward us, and the truth of Jehovah [endureth] for ever.
Hallelujah!
For mighty to us hath been His kindness, And the truth of Jehovah [is] to the age.
Praise ye Jah!
 Study Questions

Where is God? 115:3
The house of Aaron is to trust in the _________? 115:10
 The World English Bible


Sept. 29
2 Corinthians 9

2Co 9:1 It is indeed unnecessary for me to write to you concerning the service to the saints,
2Co 9:2 for I know your readiness, of which I boast on your behalf to them of Macedonia, that Achaia has been prepared for a year past. Your zeal has stirred up very many of them.
2Co 9:3 But I have sent the brothers that our boasting on your behalf may not be in vain in this respect, that, just as I said, you may be prepared,
2Co 9:4 so that I won't by any means, if there come with me any of Macedonia and find you unprepared, we (to say nothing of you) should be disappointed in this confident boasting.
2Co 9:5 I thought it necessary therefore to entreat the brothers that they would go before to you, and arrange ahead of time the generous gift that you promised before, that the same might be ready as a matter of generosity, and not of greediness.
2Co 9:6 Remember this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly. He who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
2Co 9:7 Let each man give according as he has determined in his heart; not grudgingly, or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.
2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that you, always having all sufficiency in everything, may abound to every good work.
2Co 9:9 As it is written, "He has scattered abroad, he has given to the poor. His righteousness remains forever."
2Co 9:10 Now may he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food, supply and multiply your seed for sowing, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;
2Co 9:11 you being enriched in everything to all liberality, which works through us thanksgiving to God.
2Co 9:12 For this service of giving that you perform not only makes up for lack among the saints, but abounds also through many givings of thanks to God;
2Co 9:13 seeing that through the proof given by this service, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the Good News of Christ, and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all;
2Co 9:14 while they themselves also, with supplication on your behalf, yearn for you by reason of the exceeding grace of God in you.
2Co 9:15 Now thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift!



The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
2 Corinthians
 
2 Corinthians 9 1
It is indeed unnecessary for me to write to you concerning the service to the saints,
For concerning the ministration which [is] for the saints, it is superfluous my writing to you.
For, indeed, concerning the ministration that [is] for the saints, it is superfluous
for me to write to you,
2 Corinthians 9 2
for I know your readiness, of which I boast on your behalf to them of Macedonia, that Achaia has been prepared for a year past. Your zeal has stirred up very many of them.
For I know your readiness, which I boast of as respects you to Macedonians, that Achaia is
prepared since a year ago, and the zeal [reported] of you has stimulated the mass [of the
brethren].
for I have known your readiness of mind, which in your behalf I boast of to
Macedonians, that Achaia hath been prepared a year ago, and the zeal of you did
stir up the more part,
2 Corinthians 9 3
But I have sent the brothers, that our glorying on your behalf may not be made void in this
respect, that, even as I said, you may be prepared,
But I have sent the brethren, in order that our boasting about you may not be made void
in this respect, in order that, as I have said, ye may be prepared;
and I sent the brethren, that our boasting on your behalf may not be made vain in
this respect; that, according as I said, ye may be ready,
2 Corinthians 9 4
so that I won`t by any means, if there come with me any of Macedonia and find you unprepared, we (to say nothing of you) should be put to shame in this confident boasting.
lest haply, if Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, *we*, that we say not
*ye*, may be put to shame in this confidence.
lest if Macedonians may come with me, and find you unprepared, we -- we may be
put to shame (that we say not -- ye) in this same confidence of boasting.
2 Corinthians 9 5
I thought it necessary therefore to entreat the brothers that they would go before to you, and arrange ahead of time the generous gift that you promised before, that the same might be ready as a matter of generosity, and not of greediness.
I thought it necessary therefore to beg the brethren that they would come to you, and
complete beforehand your fore-announced blessing, that this may be ready thus as
blessing, and not as got out of you.
Necessary, therefore, I thought [it] to exhort the brethren, that they may go
before to you, and may make up before your formerly announced blessing, that
this be ready, as a blessing, and not as covetousness.
2 Corinthians 9 6
Remember this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly. He who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
But this [is true], he that sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he that sows in
[the spirit of] blessing shall reap also in blessing:
And this: He who is sowing sparingly, sparingly also shall reap; and he who is
sowing in blessings, in blessings also shall reap;
2 Corinthians 9 7
Let each man give according as he has determined in his heart; not grudgingly, or under
compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.
each according as he is purposed in his heart; not grievingly, or of necessity; for God
loves a cheerful giver.
each one, according as he doth purpose in heart, not out of sorrow or out of
necessity, for a cheerful giver doth God love,
2 Corinthians 9 8
God is able to make all grace abound to you, that you, always having all sufficiency in
everything, may abound to every good work.
But God is able to make every gracious gift abound towards you, that, having in every
way always all-sufficiency, ye may abound to every good work:
and God [is] able all grace to cause to abound to you, that in every thing always all
sufficiency having, ye may abound to every good work,
2 Corinthians 9 9
As it is written, "He has scattered abroad, he has given to the poor. His righteousness remains forever."
according as it is written, He has scattered abroad, he has given to the poor, his
righteousness remains for ever.
(according as it hath been written, `He dispersed abroad, he gave to the poor, his
righteousness doth remain to the age,`)
2 Corinthians 9 10
Now may he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food, supply and multiply your seed for sowing, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;
Now he that supplies seed to the sower and bread for eating shall supply and make
abundant your sowing, and increase the fruits of your righteousness:
and may He who is supplying seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and
multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
2 Corinthians 9 11
you being enriched in everything to all liberality, which works through us thanksgiving to God.
enriched in every way unto all free-hearted liberality, which works through us
thanksgiving to God.
in every thing being enriched to all liberality, which doth work through us
thanksgiving to God,
2 Corinthians 9 12
For this service of giving that you perform not only makes up for lack among the saints, but abounds also through many givings of thanks to God;
Because the ministration of this service is not only filling up the measure of what is
lacking to the saints, but also abounding by many thanksgivings to God;
because the ministration of this service not only is supplying the wants of the
saints, but is also abounding through many thanksgivings to God,
2 Corinthians 9 13
seeing that through the proof given by this service, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all;
they glorifying God through the proof of this ministration, by reason of your subjection,
by profession, to the glad tidings of the Christ, and your free-hearted liberality in
communicating towards them and towards all;
through the proof of this ministration glorifying God for the subjection of your
confession to the good news of the Christ, and [for] the liberality of the fellowship
to them and to all,
2 Corinthians 9 14
while they themselves also, with supplication on your behalf, yearn for you by reason of the exceeding grace of God in you.
and in their supplication for you, full of ardent desire for you, on account of the
exceeding grace of God [which is] upon you.
and by their supplication in your behalf, longing after you because of the
exceeding grace of God upon you;
2 Corinthians 9 15
Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift!
Thanks [be] to God for his unspeakable free gift.
thanks also to God for His unspeakable gift!
 

 Study Questions
How are sowing and reaping related? 9:6
Who does God love? 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment