October 3, 2013

From Gary.... Bible Reading and Study October 3




Bible Reading and Study    
October 3


The World English Bible



Oct. 3
Psalms 128-130

Psa 128:1 Blessed is everyone who fears Yahweh, who walks in his ways.
Psa 128:2 For you will eat the labor of your hands. You will be happy, and it will be well with you.
Psa 128:3 Your wife will be as a fruitful vine, in the innermost parts of your house; your children like olive plants, around your table.
Psa 128:4 Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears Yahweh.
Psa 128:5 May Yahweh bless you out of Zion, and may you see the good of Jerusalem all the days of your life.
Psa 128:6 Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel.
Psa 129:1 Many times they have afflicted me from my youth up. Let Israel now say,
Psa 129:2 many times they have afflicted me from my youth up, yet they have not prevailed against me.
Psa 129:3 The plowers plowed on my back. They made their furrows long.
Psa 129:4 Yahweh is righteous. He has cut apart the cords of the wicked.
Psa 129:5 Let them be disappointed and turned backward, all those who hate Zion.
Psa 129:6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops, which withers before it grows up;
Psa 129:7 with which the reaper doesn't fill his hand, nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom.
Psa 129:8 Neither do those who go by say, "The blessing of Yahweh be on you. We bless you in the name of Yahweh."
Psa 130:1 Out of the depths I have cried to you, Yahweh.
Psa 130:2 Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions.
Psa 130:3 If you, Yah, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand?
Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with you, therefore you are feared.
Psa 130:5 I wait for Yahweh. My soul waits. I hope in his word.
Psa 130:6 My soul longs for the Lord more than watchmen long for the morning; more than watchmen for the morning.
Psa 130:7 Israel, hope in Yahweh, for with Yahweh there is loving kindness. With him is abundant redemption.
Psa 130:8 He will redeem Israel from all their sins. 
 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Psalms
 
Psalms 128 1
Blessed is everyone who fears Yahweh, Who walks in his ways.
{A Song of degrees.} Blessed is every one that feareth Jehovah, that walketh in his ways.
A Song of the Ascents. O the happiness of every one fearing Jehovah, Who is walking in His ways.
Psalms 128 2
For you will eat the labor of your hands. You will be happy, and it will be well with you.
For thou shalt eat the labour of thy hands; happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with
thee.
The labour of thy hands thou surely eatest, Happy [art] thou, and good [is] to thee.
Psalms 128 3
Your wife will be as a fruitful vine, In the innermost parts of your house; Your children like olive plants, Around your table.
Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine in the inner part of thy house; thy children like olive-
plants round about thy table.
Thy wife [is] as a fruitful vine in the sides of thy house, Thy sons as olive plants around thy table.
Psalms 128 4
Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears Yahweh.
Behold, thus shall the man be blessed that feareth Jehovah.
Lo, surely thus is the man blessed who is fearing Jehovah.
Psalms 128 5
May Yahweh bless you out of Zion, And may you see the good of Jerusalem all the days of your life.
Jehovah will bless thee out of Zion; and mayest thou see the good of Jerusalem all the days
of thy life,
Jehovah doth bless thee out of Zion, Look, then, on the good of Jerusalem, All the
days of thy life,
Psalms 128 6
Yes, may you see your children`s children. Peace be upon Israel. Psalm 129 A Song of
Ascents.
And see thy children`s children. Peace be upon Israel!
And see the sons of thy sons! Peace on Israel!
Psalms 129 1
Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up. Let Israel now say,
{A Song of degrees.} Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth -- oh let Israel say --
A Song of the Ascents. Often they distressed me from my youth, Pray, let Israel say:
Psalms 129 2
Many times have they afflicted me from my youth up, Yet they have not prevailed against  me.
Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth; yet they have not prevailed against me.
Often they distressed me from my youth, Yet they have not prevailed over me.
Psalms 129 3
The plowers plowed on my back. They made their furrows long.
The ploughers ploughed upon my back; they made long their furrows.
Over my back have ploughers ploughed, They have made long their furrows.
Psalms 129 4
Yahweh is righteous. He has cut apart the cords of the wicked.
Jehovah is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.
Jehovah [is] righteous, He hath cut asunder cords of the wicked.
Psalms 129 5
Let them be put to shame and turned backward, All those who hate Zion.
Let them be ashamed and turned backward, all that hate Zion;
Confounded and turn backward do all hating Zion.
Psalms 129 6
Let them be as the grass on the housetops, Which withers before it grows up;
Let them be as the grass upon the house-tops, which withereth before it is plucked up,
They are as grass of the roofs, That before it was drawn out withereth,
Psalms 129 7
With which the reaper doesn`t fill his hand, Nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom.
Wherewith the mower filleth not his hand, nor he that bindeth sheaves his bosom;
That hath not filled the hand of a reaper, And the bosom of a binder of sheaves.
Psalms 129 8
Neither do those who go by say, "The blessing of Yahweh be on you. We bless you in the name of Yahweh." 
Psalm 130 A Song of Ascents.
Neither do the passers-by say, The blessing of Jehovah be upon you; we bless you in the
name of Jehovah!
And the passers by have not said, `The blessing of Jehovah [is] on you, We blessed
you in the Name of Jehovah!`
Psalms 130 1
Out of the depths I have cried to you, Yahweh.
{A Song of degrees.} Out of the depths do I call upon thee, Jehovah.
A Song of the Ascents. From depths I have called Thee, Jehovah.
Psalms 130 2
Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions.
Lord, hear my voice; let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
Lord, hearken to my voice, Thine ears are attentive to the voice of my supplications.
Psalms 130 3
If you, Yah, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand?
If thou, Jah, shouldest mark iniquities, Lord, who shall stand?
If iniquities Thou dost observe, O Lord, who doth stand?
Psalms 130 4
But there is forgiveness with you, Therefore you are feared.
But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
But with Thee [is] forgiveness, that Thou mayest be feared.
Psalms 130 5
I wait for Yahweh. My soul waits. I hope in his word.
I wait for Jehovah; my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
I hoped [for] Jehovah -- hoped hath my soul, And for His word I have waited.
Psalms 130 6
My soul longs for the Lord more than watchmen long for the morning; More than watchmen for the morning.
My soul [waiteth] for the Lord more than the watchers [wait] for the morning, [more
than] the watchers for the morning.
My soul [is] for the Lord, More than those watching for morning, Watching for
morning!
Psalms 130 7
Israel, hope in Yahweh, For with Yahweh there is lovingkindness. With him is abundant
redemption.
Let Israel hope in Jehovah, because with Jehovah there is loving-kindness, and with him
is plenteous redemption;
Israel doth wait on Jehovah, For with Jehovah [is] kindness, And abundant with
Him [is] redemption.
Psalms 130 8
He will redeem Israel from all their sins. Psalm 131 A Song of Ascents. By David.
And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
And He doth redeem Israel from all his iniquities!
 Study Questions
Name two things that are with the LORD? 130:7

The World English Bible
 
Oct. 3
2 Corinthians 13

2Co 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. "At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."
2Co 13:2 I have said beforehand, and I do say beforehand, as when I was present the second time, so now, being absent, I write to those who have sinned before now, and to all the rest, that, if I come again, I will not spare;
2Co 13:3 seeing that you seek a proof of Christ who speaks in me; who toward you is not weak, but is powerful in you.
2Co 13:4 For he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives through the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we will live with him through the power of God toward you.
2Co 13:5 Test your own selves, whether you are in the faith. Test your own selves. Or don't you know as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.
2Co 13:6 But I hope that you will know that we aren't disqualified.
2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we may appear approved, but that you may do that which is honorable, though we are as reprobate.
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
2Co 13:9 For we rejoice when we are weak and you are strong. And this we also pray for, even your perfecting.
2Co 13:10 For this cause I write these things while absent, that I may not deal sharply when present, according to the authority which the Lord gave me for building up, and not for tearing down.
2Co 13:11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Be perfected, be comforted, be of the same mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.
2Co 13:12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.
2Co 13:13 All the saints greet you.
2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen. 
 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
2 Corinthians
 
Corinthians 13 1
This is the third time I am coming to you. "At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word established."
This third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every
matter be established.
This third time do I come unto you; on the mouth of two witnesses or three shall
every saying be established;
2 Corinthians 13 2
I have said beforehand, and I do say beforehand, as when I was present the second time, so now, being absent, I write to those who have sinned before now, and to all the rest, that, if I come again, I will not spare;
I have declared beforehand, and I say beforehand as present the second time, and now
absent, to those that have sinned before, and to all the rest, that if I come again I will not spare.
I have said before, and I say [it] before, as being present, the second time, and
being absent, now, do I write to those having sinned before, and to all the rest,
that if I come again, I will not spare,
2 Corinthians 13 3
seeing that you seek a proof of Christ that speaks in me; who toward you is not weak, but is powerful in you.
Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, (who is not weak towards you, but is
powerful among you,
since a proof ye seek of the Christ speaking in me, who to you is not infirm, but is
powerful in you,
2 Corinthians 13 4
For he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives through the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we will live with him through the power of God toward you.
for if indeed he has been crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God`s power; for indeed
*we* are weak in him, but we shall live with him by God`s power towards you,)
for even if he was crucified from infirmity, yet he doth live from the power of
God; for we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him from the power of God toward you.
2 Corinthians 13 5
Test your own selves, whether you are in the faith. Test your own selves. Or don`t you know as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you? Unless indeed you are reprobate.
examine your own selves if ye be in the faith; prove your own selves: do ye not recognise
yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless indeed ye be reprobates?
Your ownselves try ye, if ye are in the faith; your ownselves prove ye; do ye not know your ownselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, if ye be not in some respect disapproved of?
2 Corinthians 13 6
But I hope that you will know that we aren`t reprobate.
Now I hope that ye will know that *we* are not reprobates.
and I hope that ye shall know that we -- we are not disapproved of;
2 Corinthians 13 7
Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we may appear approved, but that you may do that which is honorable, though we are as reprobate.
But we pray to God that ye may do nothing evil; not that *we* may appear approved, but
that *ye* may do what is right, and *we* be as reprobates.
and I pray before God that ye do no evil, not that we may appear approved, but
that ye may do that which is right, and we may be as disapproved;
2 Corinthians 13 8
For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
for we are not able to do anything against the truth, but for the truth;
2 Corinthians 13 9
For we rejoice when we are weak and you are strong. This we also pray for, even your perfecting.
For we rejoice when *we* may be weak and *ye* may be powerful. But this also we pray
for, your perfecting.
for we rejoice when we may be infirm, and ye may be powerful; and this also we
pray for -- your perfection!
2 Corinthians 13 10
For this cause I write these things while absent, that I may not deal sharply when present,
according to the authority which the Lord gave me for building up, and not for tearing  down.
On this account I write these things being absent, that being present I may not use
severity according to the authority which the Lord has given me for building up, and not
for overthrowing.
because of this, these things -- being absent -- I write, that being present, I may
not treat [any] sharply, according to the authority that the Lord did give me for
building up, and not for casting down.
2 Corinthians 13 11
Finally, brothers, rejoice. Be perfected, be comforted, be of the same mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.
For the rest, brethren, rejoice; be perfected; be encouraged; be of one mind; be at peace;
and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
Henceforth, brethren, rejoice; be made perfect, be comforted, be of the same
mind, be at peace, and the God of the love and peace shall be with you;
2 Corinthians 13 12
Greet one another with a holy kiss.
Salute one another with a holy kiss.
salute one another in an holy kiss;
2 Corinthians 13 13
All the saints greet you.
All the saints salute you.
salute you do all the saints;
2 Corinthians 13 14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy
Spirit, [be] with you all.
the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the
Holy Spirit, [is] with you all! Amen.
 
 
 Study Questions

How does Christ live? 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment