October 4, 2013

From Gary.... Bible Reading and Study October 4




Bible Reading and Study    
October 4



The World English Bible



Oct. 4
Psalms 131-134

Psa 131:1 Yahweh, my heart isn't haughty, nor my eyes lofty; nor do I concern myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.
Psa 131:2 Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psa 131:3 Israel, hope in Yahweh, from this time forth and forevermore.
Psa 132:1 Yahweh, remember David and all his affliction,
Psa 132:2 how he swore to Yahweh, and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
Psa 132:3 "Surely I will not come into the structure of my house, nor go up into my bed;
Psa 132:4 I will not give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids;
Psa 132:5 until I find out a place for Yahweh, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
Psa 132:6 Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah. We found it in the field of Jaar:
Psa 132:7 "We will go into his dwelling place. We will worship at his footstool.
Psa 132:8 Arise, Yahweh, into your resting place; you, and the ark of your strength.
Psa 132:9 Let your priest be clothed with righteousness. Let your saints shout for joy!"
Psa 132:10 For your servant David's sake, don't turn away the face of your anointed one.
Psa 132:11 Yahweh has sworn to David in truth. He will not turn from it: "I will set the fruit of your body on your throne.
Psa 132:12 If your children will keep my covenant, my testimony that I will teach them, their children also will sit on your throne forevermore."
Psa 132:13 For Yahweh has chosen Zion. He has desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 "This is my resting place forever. Here I will live, for I have desired it.
Psa 132:15 I will abundantly bless her provision. I will satisfy her poor with bread.
Psa 132:16 Her priests I will also clothe with salvation. Her saints will shout aloud for joy.
Psa 132:17 There I will make the horn of David to bud. I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.
Psa 132:18 I will clothe his enemies with shame, but on himself, his crown will be resplendent."
Psa 133:1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity!
Psa 133:2 It is like the precious oil on the head, that ran down on the beard, even Aaron's beard; that came down on the edge of his robes;
Psa 133:3 like the dew of Hermon, that comes down on the hills of Zion: for there Yahweh gives the blessing, even life forevermore.
Psa 134:1 Look! Praise Yahweh, all you servants of Yahweh, who stand by night in Yahweh's house!
Psa 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary. Praise Yahweh!
Psa 134:3 May Yahweh bless you from Zion; even he who made heaven and earth. 
 
 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Psalms
 Psalms 131 1
Yahweh, my heart isn`t haughty, nor my eyes lofty; Neither do I concern myself with great
matters, Or things too wonderful for me.
{A Song of degrees. Of David.} Jehovah, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty;
neither do I exercise myself in great matters, and in things too wonderful for me.
A Song of the Ascents, by David. Jehovah, my heart hath not been haughty, Nor
have mine eyes been high, Nor have I walked in great things, And in things too
wonderful for me.
Psalms 131 2
Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother, Like a
weaned child is my soul within me.
Surely I have restrained and composed my soul, like a weaned child with its mother: my
soul within me is as a weaned child.
Have I not compared, and kept silent my soul, As a weaned one by its mother? As a
weaned one by me [is] my soul.
Psalms 131 3
Israel, hope in Yahweh, From this time forth and forevermore. 
 Psalm 132 A Song of Ascents.
Let Israel hope in Jehovah, from henceforth and for evermore.
Israel doth wait on Jehovah, From henceforth, and unto the age!
Psalms 132 1
Yahweh, remember David and all his affliction,
{A Song of degrees.} Jehovah, remember for David all his affliction;
A Song of the Ascents. Remember, Jehovah, for David, all his afflictions.
Psalms 132 2
How he swore to Yahweh, And vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
How he swore unto Jehovah, vowed unto the Mighty One of Jacob:
Who hath sworn to Jehovah. He hath vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
Psalms 132 3
"Surely I will not come into the structure of my house, Nor go up into my bed;
I will not come into the tent of my house, I will not go up to the couch of my bed;
`If I enter into the tent of my house, If I go up on the couch of my bed,
Psalms 132 4
I will not give sleep to my eyes, Or slumber to my eyelids;
I will not give sleep to mine eyes, slumber to mine eyelids,
If I give sleep to mine eyes, To mine eyelids -- slumber,
Psalms 132 5
Until I find out a place for Yahweh, A dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
Until I find out a place for Jehovah, habitations for the Mighty One of Jacob. ...
Till I do find a place for Jehovah, Tabernacles for the Mighty One of Jacob.
Psalms 132 6
Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah. We found it in the field of Jaar:
Behold, we heard of it at Ephratah, we found it in the fields of the wood.
`Lo, we have heard it in Ephratah, We have found it in the fields of the forest.
Psalms 132 7
"We will go into his dwelling place. We will worship at his footstool.
Let us go into his habitations, let us worship at his footstool.
We come in to His tabernacles, We bow ourselves at His footstool.
Psalms 132 8
Arise, Yahweh, into your resting place; You, and the ark of your strength.
Arise, Jehovah, into thy rest, thou and the ark of thy strength.
Arise, O Jehovah, to Thy rest, Thou, and the ark of Thy strength,
Psalms 132 9
Let your priest be clothed with righteousness. Let your saints shout for joy!"
Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness, and let thy saints shout for joy.
Thy priests do put on righteousness, And Thy pious ones cry aloud.
Psalms 132 10
For your servant David`s sake, Don`t turn away the face of your anointed one.
For thy servant David`s sake, turn not away the face of thine anointed.
For the sake of David Thy servant, Turn not back the face of Thine anointed.
Psalms 132 11
Yahweh has sworn to David in truth. He will not turn from it: "I will set the fruit of your
body on your throne.
Jehovah hath sworn [in] truth unto David; he will not turn from it: Of the fruit of thy
body will I set upon thy throne;
Jehovah hath sworn truth to David, He turneth not back from it: Of the fruit of thy
body, I set on the throne for thee.
Psalms 132 12
If your children will keep my covenant, My testimony that I will teach them, Their children
also will sit on your throne forevermore."
If thy children keep my covenant, and my testimonies which I will teach them, their
children also for evermore shall sit upon thy throne.
If thy sons keep My covenant, And My testimonies that I teach them, Their sons
also for ever and ever, Do sit on the throne for thee.
Psalms 132 13
For Yahweh has chosen Zion. He has desired it for his habitation.
For Jehovah hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his dwelling:
For Jehovah hath fixed on Zion, He hath desired [it] for a seat to Himself,
Psalms 132 14
"This is my resting place forever. Here I will live, for I have desired it.
This is my rest for ever; here will I dwell, for I have desired it.
This [is] My rest for ever and ever, Here do I sit, for I have desired it.
Psalms 132 15
I will abundantly bless her provision. I will satisfy her poor with bread.
I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy her needy ones with bread;
Her provision I greatly bless, Her needy ones I satisfy [with] bread,
Psalms 132 16
Her priests I will also clothe with salvation. Her saints will shout aloud for joy.
And I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
And her priests I clothe [with] salvation, And her pious ones do sing aloud.
Psalms 132 17
There I will make the horn of David to bud. I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.
There will I cause the horn of David to bud forth; I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
There I cause to spring up a horn for David, I have arranged a lamp for Mine anointed.
Psalms 132 18
I will clothe his enemies with shame, But on himself, his crown will be resplendent." 
Psalm
133 A Song of Ascents. 
By David.
His enemies will I clothe with shame; but upon himself shall his crown flourish.
His enemies I do clothe [with] shame, And upon him doth his crown flourish!
Psalms 133 1
See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity!
{A Song of degrees. Of David.} Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to
dwell together in unity!
A Song of the Ascents, by David. Lo, how good and how pleasant The dwelling of
brethren -- even together!
Psalms 133 2
It is like the precious oil on the head, That ran down on the beard, Even Aaron`s beard; That  came down on the edge of his robes;
Like the precious oil upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, upon Aaron`s beard,
that ran down to the hem of his garments;
As the good oil on the head, Coming down on the beard, the beard of Aaron, That
cometh down on the skirt of his robes,
Psalms 133 3
Like the dew of Hermon, That comes down on the hills of Zion: For there Yahweh gives the
blessing, Even life forevermore. 
Psalm 134 A Song of Ascents.
As the dew of Hermon that descendeth on the mountains of Zion; for there hath Jehovah
commanded the blessing, life for evermore.
As dew of Hermon -- That cometh down on hills of Zion, For there Jehovah
commanded the blessing -- Life unto the age!
Psalms 134 1
Look! Praise Yahweh, all you servants of Yahweh, Who stand by night in Yahweh`s house!
{A Song of degrees.} Behold, bless Jehovah, all ye servants of Jehovah, who by night stand
in the house of Jehovah.
A Song of the Ascents. Lo, bless Jehovah, all servants of Jehovah, Who are standing
in the house of Jehovah by night.
Psalms 134 2
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary. Praise Yahweh!
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless Jehovah.
Lift up your hands [in] the sanctuary, And bless ye Jehovah.
Psalms 134 3
May Yahweh bless you from Zion; Even he who made heaven and earth. Psalm 135
Jehovah, the maker of heavens and earth, bless thee out of Zion.
Jehovah doth bless thee out of Zion, The maker of the heavens and earth!
 Study Questions

David wanted to find a place __________ __________ ___________? 132:5
Where will the horn of David land? 132:17, 13
The World English Bible
Oct. 4
Galatians 1

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead),
Gal 1:2 and all the brothers who are with me, to the assemblies of Galatia:
Gal 1:3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 1:4 who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father--
Gal 1:5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
Gal 1:6 I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different "good news";
Gal 1:7 and there isn't another "good news." Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any "good news" other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any "good news" other than that which you received, let him be cursed.
Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn't be a servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I make known to you, brothers, concerning the Good News which was preached by me, that it is not according to man.
Gal 1:12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.
Gal 1:13 For you have heard of my way of living in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it.
Gal 1:14 I advanced in the Jews' religion beyond many of my own age among my countrymen, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
Gal 1:15 But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me through his grace,
Gal 1:16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I didn't immediately confer with flesh and blood,
Gal 1:17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia. Then I returned to Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Peter, and stayed with him fifteen days.
Gal 1:19 But of the other apostles I saw no one, except James, the Lord's brother.
Gal 1:20 Now about the things which I write to you, behold, before God, I'm not lying.
Gal 1:21 Then I came to the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
Gal 1:22 I was still unknown by face to the assemblies of Judea which were in Christ,
Gal 1:23 but they only heard: "He who once persecuted us now preaches the faith that he once tried to destroy."
Gal 1:24 And they glorified God in me.
 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Galatians
Galatians 1 1
Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead),
Paul, apostle, not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God [the]
Father who raised him from among [the] dead,
Paul, an apostle -- not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and
God the Father, who did raise him out of the dead --
Galatians 1 2
and all the brothers who are with me, to the assemblies of Galatia:
and all the brethren with me, to the assemblies of Galatia.
and all the brethren with me, to the assemblies of Galatia:
Galatians 1 3
Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Grace to you, and peace, from God [the] Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Grace to you, and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Galatians 1 4
who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father --
who gave himself for our sins, so that he should deliver us out of the present evil world,
according to the will of our God and Father;
who did give himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of the present evil
age, according to the will of God even our Father,
Galatians 1 5
to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
to whom [be] glory to the ages of ages. Amen.
to whom [is] the glory to the ages of the ages. Amen.
Galatians 1 6
I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a
different gospel;
I wonder that ye thus quickly change, from him that called you in Christ`s grace, to a
different gospel,
I wonder that ye are so quickly removed from Him who did call you in the grace of
Christ to another good news;
Galatians 1 7
and there isn`t another gospel. Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
which is not another [one]; but there are some that trouble you, and desire to pervert the
glad tidings of the Christ.
that is not another, except there be certain who are troubling you, and wishing to
pervert the good news of the Christ;
Galatians 1 8
But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any gospel other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
But if even *we* or an angel out of heaven announce as glad tidings to you [anything]
besides what we have announced as glad tidings to you, let him be accursed.
but even if we or a messenger out of heaven may proclaim good news to you
different from what we did proclaim to you -- anathema let him be!
Galatians 1 9
As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any gospel other than that which you received, let him be cursed.
As we have said before, now also again I say, If any one announce to you as glad tidings
[anything] besides what ye have received, let him be accursed.
as we have said before, and now say again, If any one to you may proclaim good
news different from what ye did receive -- anathema let him be!
Galatians 1 10
For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn`t be a servant of Christ.
For do I now seek to satisfy men or God? or do I seek to please men? If I were yet pleasing
men, I were not Christ`s bondman.
for now men do I persuade, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if yet men I did
please -- Christ`s servant I should not be.
Galatians 1 11
But I make known to you, brothers, concerning the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not according to man.
But I let you know, brethren, [as to] the glad tidings which were announced by me, that
they are not according to man.
And I make known to you, brethren, the good news that were proclaimed by me,
that it is not according to man,
Galatians 1 12
For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.
For neither did I receive them from man, neither was I taught [them], but by revelation of Jesus Christ.
for neither did I from man receive it, nor was I taught [it], but through a revelation of Jesus Christ,
Galatians 1 13
For you have heard of my way of living in time past in the Jews` religion, how that beyond
measure I persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it.
For ye have heard [what was] my conversation formerly in Judaism, that I excessively
persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it;
for ye did hear of my behaviour once in Judaism, that exceedingly I was
persecuting the assembly of God, and wasting it,
Galatians 1 14
I advanced in the Jews` religion beyond many of my own age among my countrymen, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
and advanced in Judaism beyond many [my] contemporaries in my nation, being
exceedingly zealous of the doctrines of my fathers.
and I was advancing in Judaism above many equals in age in mine own race, being
more abundantly zealous of my fathers` deliverances,
Galatians 1 15
But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me from my mother`s womb, and called me through his grace,
But when God, who set me apart [even] from my mother`s womb, and called [me] by his grace,
and when God was well pleased -- having separated me from the womb of my
mother, and having called [me] through His grace --
Galatians 1 16
to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I didn`t immediately
confer with flesh and blood,
was pleased to reveal his Son in me, that I may announce him as glad tidings among the
nations, immediately I took not counsel with flesh and blood,
to reveal His Son in me, that I might proclaim him good news among the nations,
immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood,
Galatians 1 17
nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia.  Then I returned to Damascus.
nor went I up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia,
and again returned to Damascus.
nor did I go up to Jerusalem unto those who were apostles before me, but I went
away to Arabia, and again returned to Damascus,
Galatians 1 18
Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Peter, and stayed with him fifteen  days.
Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to make acquaintance with Peter, and I
remained with him fifteen days;
then, after three years I went up to Jerusalem to enquire about Peter, and
remained with him fifteen days,
Galatians 1 19
But of the other apostles I saw no one, except James, the Lord`s brother.
but I saw none other of the apostles, but James the brother of the Lord.
and other of the apostles I did not see, except James, the brother of the Lord.
Galatians 1 20
Now about the things which I write to you, behold, before God, I`m not lying.
Now what I write to you, behold, before God, I do not lie.
And the things that I write to you, lo, before God -- I lie not;
Galatians 1 21
Then I came to the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
Then I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
then I came to the regions of Syria and of Cilicia,
Galatians 1 22
I was still unknown by face to the assemblies of Judea which were in Christ,
But I was unknown personally to the assemblies of Judaea which [are] in Christ;
and was unknown by face to the assemblies of Judea, that [are] in Christ,
Galatians 1 23
but they only heard: "He who once persecuted us now preaches the faith that he once tried to destroy."
only they were hearing that he who persecuted us formerly now announces the glad
tidings of the faith which formerly he ravaged:
and only they were hearing, that `he who is persecuting us then, doth now
proclaim good news -- the faith that then he was wasting;`
Galatians 1 24
They glorified God in me.
and they glorified God in me.
and they were glorifying God in me.
 Study Questions

The Galatians were deserting God for what? 1:6
Why would someone be accursed? 1:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment