October 6, 2013

From Gary... Bible Reading and Study October 6




Bible Reading and Study   
October 6


The World English Bible



Oct. 6
Psalms 138-140
Psa 138:1 I will give you thanks with my whole heart. Before the gods, I will sing praises to you.
Psa 138:2 I will bow down toward your holy temple, and give thanks to your Name for your loving kindness and for your truth; for you have exalted your Name and your Word above all.
Psa 138:3 In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul.
Psa 138:4 All the kings of the earth will give you thanks, Yahweh, for they have heard the words of your mouth.
Psa 138:5 Yes, they will sing of the ways of Yahweh; for great is Yahweh's glory.
Psa 138:6 For though Yahweh is high, yet he looks after the lowly; but the proud, he knows from afar.
Psa 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. You will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies. Your right hand will save me.
Psa 138:8 Yahweh will fulfill that which concerns me; your loving kindness, Yahweh, endures forever. Don't forsake the works of your own hands.
Psa 139:1 Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me.
Psa 139:2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.
Psa 139:3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4 For there is not a word on my tongue, but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.
Psa 139:5 You hem me in behind and before. You laid your hand on me.
Psa 139:6 This knowledge is beyond me. It's lofty. I can't attain it.
Psa 139:7 Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!
Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the dawn, and settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10 Even there your hand will lead me, and your right hand will hold me.
Psa 139:11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; the light around me will be night;"
Psa 139:12 even the darkness doesn't hide from you, but the night shines as the day. The darkness is like light to you.
Psa 139:13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14 I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.
Psa 139:15 My frame wasn't hidden from you, when I was made in secret, woven together in the depths of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Your eyes saw my body. In your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there were none of them.
Psa 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
Psa 139:18 If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I wake up, I am still with you.
Psa 139:19 If only you, God, would kill the wicked. Get away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
Psa 139:20 For they speak against you wickedly. Your enemies take your name in vain.
Psa 139:21 Yahweh, don't I hate those who hate you? Am I not grieved with those who rise up against you?
Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred. They have become my enemies.
Psa 139:23 Search me, God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts.
Psa 139:24 See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
Psa 140:1 Deliver me, Yahweh, from the evil man. Preserve me from the violent man;
Psa 140:2 those who devise mischief in their hearts. They continually gather themselves together for war.
Psa 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. Viper's poison is under their lips. Selah.
Psa 140:4 Yahweh, keep me from the hands of the wicked. Preserve me from the violent men who have determined to trip my feet.
Psa 140:5 The proud have hidden a snare for me, they have spread the cords of a net by the path. They have set traps for me. Selah.
Psa 140:6 I said to Yahweh, "You are my God." Listen to the cry of my petitions, Yahweh.
Psa 140:7 Yahweh, the Lord, the strength of my salvation, you have covered my head in the day of battle.
Psa 140:8 Yahweh, don't grant the desires of the wicked. Don't let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah.
Psa 140:9 As for the head of those who surround me, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
Psa 140:10 Let burning coals fall on them. Let them be thrown into the fire, into miry pits, from where they never rise.
Psa 140:11 An evil speaker won't be established in the earth. Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
Psa 140:12 I know that Yahweh will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the needy.
Psa 140:13 Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name. The upright will dwell in your presence.


 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Psalms

 
Psalms 138 1
I will give you thanks with my whole heart. Before the gods, I will sing praises to you.
{[A Psalm] of David.} I will give thee thanks with my whole heart; before the gods will I
sing psalms of thee.
By David. I confess Thee, with all my heart, Before the gods I do praise Thee.
Psalms 138 2
I will bow down toward your holy temple, And give thanks to your Name for your
lovingkindness and for your truth; For you have exalted your Name and your Word above  all.
I will bow down toward the temple of thy holiness, and celebrate thy name for thy loving-
kindness and for thy truth; for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
I bow myself toward Thy holy temple, And I confess Thy name, For Thy kindness,
and for Thy truth, For Thou hast made great Thy saying above all Thy name.
Psalms 138 3
In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul.
In the day when I called thou answeredst me; thou didst encourage me with strength in
my soul.
In the day I called, when Thou dost answer me, Thou dost strengthen me in my soul
[with] strength.
Psalms 138 4
All the kings of the earth will give you thanks, Yahweh, For they have heard the words of your mouth.
All the kings of the earth shall celebrate thee, Jehovah, when they have heard the words
of thy mouth;
O Jehovah, all kings of earth confess Thee, When they have heard the sayings of Thy mouth.
Psalms 138 5
Yes, they will sing of the ways of Yahweh; For great is Yahweh`s glory.
And they shall sing in the ways of Jehovah, for great is the glory of Jehovah.
And they sing in the ways of Jehovah, For great [is] the honour of Jehovah.
Psalms 138 6
For though Yahweh is high, yet he looks after the lowly; But the proud, he knows from  afar.
For Jehovah is high; but he looketh upon the lowly, and the proud he knoweth afar off.
For high [is] Jehovah, and the lowly He seeth, And the haughty from afar He knoweth.
Psalms 138 7
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. You will stretch forth your hand
against the wrath of my enemies. Your right hand will save me.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou wilt stretch forth thy
hand against the anger of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
If I walk in the midst of distress Thou quickenest me, Against the anger of mine
enemies Thou sendest forth Thy hand, And Thy right hand doth save me.
Psalms 138 8
Yahweh will fulfill that which concerns me; Your lovingkindness, Yahweh, endures forever.
Don`t forsake the works of your own hands. Psalm 139 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by
David.
Jehovah will perfect what concerneth me: thy loving-kindness, O Jehovah, [endureth] for
ever; forsake not the works of thine own hands.
Jehovah doth perfect for me, O Jehovah, Thy kindness [is] to the age, The works of
Thy hands let not fall!
Psalms 139 1
Yahweh, you have searched me, And you know me.
{To the chief Musician. A Psalm of David.} Jehovah, thou hast searched me, and known [me].
To the Overseer. -- A Psalm by David. Jehovah, Thou hast searched me, and knowest.
Psalms 139 2
You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.
*Thou* knowest my down-sitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar
off;
Thou -- Thou hast known my sitting down, And my rising up, Thou hast attended
to my thoughts from afar.
Psalms 139 3
You search out my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.
Thou searchest out my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways;
My path and my couch Thou hast fanned, And [with] all my ways hast been acquainted.
Psalms 139 4
For there is not a word on my tongue, But, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.
For there is not yet a word on my tongue, [but] lo, O Jehovah, thou knowest it altogether.
For there is not a word in my tongue, Lo, O Jehovah, Thou hast known it all!
Psalms 139 5
You hem me in behind and before. You laid your hand on me.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thy hand upon me.
Behind and before Thou hast besieged me, And Thou dost place on me Thy hand.
Psalms 139 6
This knowledge is beyond me. It is lofty. I can`t attain it.
O knowledge too wonderful for me! it is high, I cannot [attain] unto it.
Knowledge too wonderful for me, It hath been set on high, I am not able for it.
Psalms 139 7
Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?
Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? and whither flee from thy presence?
Whither do I go from Thy Spirit? And whither from Thy face do I flee?
Psalms 139 8
If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!
If I ascend up into the heavens thou art there; or if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, thou
[art there];
If I ascend the heavens -- there Thou [art], And spread out a couch in Sheol, lo, Thee!
Psalms 139 9
If I take the wings of the dawn, And settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;
[If] I take the wings of the dawn [and] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
I take the wings of morning, I dwell in the uttermost part of the sea,
Psalms 139 10
Even there your hand will lead me, And your right hand will hold me.
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Also there Thy hand doth lead me, And Thy right hand doth hold me.
Psalms 139 11
If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me; The light around me will be night;"
And if I say, Surely darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night;
And I say, `Surely darkness bruiseth me, Then night [is] light to me.
Psalms 139 12
Even the darkness doesn`t hide from you, But the night shines as the day. The darkness is
like light to you.
Even darkness hideth not from thee, and the night shineth as the day: the darkness is as
the light.
Also darkness hideth not from Thee, And night as day shineth, as [is] darkness so
[is] light.
Psalms 139 13
For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother`s womb.
For thou hast possessed my reins; thou didst cover me in my mother`s womb.
For Thou -- Thou hast possessed my reins, Thou dost cover me in my mother`s belly.
Psalms 139 14
I will give thanks to you, For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful.  My soul knows that very well.
I will praise thee, for I am fearfully, wonderfully made. Marvellous are thy works; and
[that] my soul knoweth right well.
I confess Thee, because that [with] wonders I have been distinguished. Wonderful
[are] Thy works, And my soul is knowing [it] well.
Psalms 139 15
My frame wasn`t hidden from you, When I was made in secret, Woven together in the depths of the earth.
My bones were not hidden from thee when I was made in secret, curiously wrought in the
lower parts of the earth.
My substance was not hid from Thee, When I was made in secret, Curiously
wrought in the lower part of earth.
Psalms 139 16
Your eyes saw my body. In your book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there were none of them.
Thine eyes did see my unformed substance, and in thy book all [my members] were
written; [during many] days were they fashioned, when [as yet] there was none of them.
Mine unformed substance Thine eyes saw, And on Thy book all of them are
written, The days they were formed -- And not one among them.
Psalms 139 17
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
But how precious are thy thoughts unto me, O ·God! how great is the sum of them!
And to me how precious have been Thy thoughts, O God, how great hath been their sum!
Psalms 139 18
If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I wake up, I am still with you.
[If] I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I awake, I am still
with thee.
I recount them! than the sand they are more, I have waked, and I am still with Thee.
Psalms 139 19
If only you, God, would kill the wicked. Get away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
Oh that thou wouldest slay the wicked, O +God! And ye men of blood, depart from me.
Dost Thou slay, O God, the wicked? Then, men of blood, turn aside from me!
Psalms 139 20
For they speak against you wickedly. Your enemies take your name in vain.
For they speak of thee wickedly, they take [thy name] in vain, thine enemies.
Who exchange Thee for wickedness, Lifted up to vanity [are] Thine enemies.
Psalms 139 21
Yahweh, don`t I hate those who hate you? Am I not grieved with those who rise up against you?
Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? and do not I loathe them that rise up
against thee?
Do not I hate, Jehovah, those hating Thee? And with Thy withstanders grieve myself?
Psalms 139 22
I hate them with perfect hatred. They have become my enemies.
I hate them with perfect hatred; I account them mine enemies.
[With] perfect hatred I have hated them, Enemies they have become to me.
Psalms 139 23
Search me, God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts.
Search me, O ·God, and know my heart; prove me, and know my thoughts;
Search me, O God, and know my heart, Try me, and know my thoughts,
Psalms 139 24
See if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way. 
 Psalm 140 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
And see if there be any grievous way in me; and lead me in the way everlasting.
And see if a grievous way be in me, And lead me in a way age-during!
Psalms 140 1
Deliver me, Yahweh, from the evil man. Preserve me from the violent man;
{To the chief Musician. A Psalm of David.} Free me, O Jehovah, from the evil man; preserve
me from the violent man:
To the Overseer. -- A Psalm of David. Deliver me, O Jehovah, from an evil man, From
one of violence Thou keepest me.
Psalms 140 2
Those who devise mischief in their hearts. They continually gather themselves together for
war.
Who devise mischiefs in [their] heart; every day are they banded together for war.
Who have devised evils in the heart, All the day they assemble [for] wars.
Psalms 140 3
They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. Viper`s poison is under their lips. Selah.
They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; adders` poison is under their lips. Selah.
They sharpened their tongue as a serpent, Poison of an adder [is] under their lips. Selah.
Psalms 140 4
Yahweh, keep me from the hands of the wicked. Preserve me from the violent men: Who have determined to trip my feet.
Keep me, O Jehovah, from the hands of the wicked [man], preserve me from the violent
man, who devise to overthrow my steps.
Preserve me, Jehovah, from the hands of the wicked, From one of violence Thou
keepest me, Who have devised to overthrow my steps.
Psalms 140 5
The proud have hidden a snare for me, They have spread the cords of a net by the path. They have set traps for me. Selah.
The proud have hidden a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the way-side;
they have set traps for me. Selah.
The proud hid a snare for me -- and cords, They spread a net by the side of the
path, Snares they have set for me. Selah.
Psalms 140 6
I said to Yahweh, "You are my God." Listen to the cry of my petitions, Yahweh.
I have said unto Jehovah, Thou art my ·God: give ear, O Jehovah, to the voice of my
supplications.
I have said to Jehovah, `My God [art] Thou, Hear, Jehovah, the voice of my
supplications.`
Psalms 140 7
Yahweh, the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.
Jehovah, the Lord, is the strength of my salvation: thou hast covered my head in the day of
battle.
O Jehovah, my Lord, strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the
day of armour.
Psalms 140 8
Yahweh, don`t grant the desires of the wicked. Don`t let their evil plans succeed, or they will become proud. Selah.
Grant not, O Jehovah, the desire of the wicked; further not his device: they would exalt
themselves. Selah.
Grant not, O Jehovah, the desires of the wicked, His wicked device bring not forth,
They are high. Selah.
Psalms 140 9
As for the head of those who surround me, Let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
[As for] the head of those that encompass me, let the mischief of their own lips cover
them.
The chief of my surrounders, The perverseness of their lips covereth them.
Psalms 140 10
Let burning coals fall on them. Let them be thrown into the fire, Into miry pits, from where
they never rise.
Let burning coals fall on them; let them be cast into the fire; into deep waters, that they
rise not up again.
They cause to fall on themselves burning coals, Into fire He doth cast them, Into
deep pits -- they arise not.
Psalms 140 11
An evil speaker won`t be established in the earth. Evil will hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
Let not the man of [evil] tongue be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the man of
violence to [his] ruin.
A talkative man is not established in the earth, One of violence -- evil hunteth to
overflowing.
Psalms 140 12
I know that Yahweh will maintain the cause of the afflicted, And justice for the needy.
I know that Jehovah will maintain the cause of the afflicted one, the right of the needy.
I have known that Jehovah doth execute The judgment of the afflicted, The
judgment of the needy.
Psalms 140 13
Surely the righteous will give thanks to your name. The upright will dwell in your presence.
Psalm 141 A Psalm by David.
Yea, the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name; the upright shall dwell in thy
presence.
Only -- the righteous give thanks to Thy name, The upright do dwell with Thy
presence!


 Study Questions

Your lovingkindness is? 138:2 and 8

Describe the presence of the Spirit? 139:7-16


David seeks protection from the _____________? Psa 140



The World English Bible


Oct. 6
Galatians 3
Gal 3:1 Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you not to obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was openly set forth among you as crucified?
Gal 3:2 I just want to learn this from you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now completed in the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Did you suffer so many things in vain, if it is indeed in vain?
Gal 3:5 He therefore who supplies the Spirit to you, and works miracles among you, does he do it by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham "believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."
Gal 3:7 Know therefore that those who are of faith, the same are children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the Good News beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you all the nations will be blessed."
Gal 3:9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed with the faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse. For it is written, "Cursed is everyone who doesn't continue in all things that are written in the book of the law, to do them."
Gal 3:11 Now that no man is justified by the law before God is evident, for, "The righteous will live by faith."
Gal 3:12 The law is not of faith, but, "The man who does them will live by them."
Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us. For it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree,"
Gal 3:14 that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Christ Jesus; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Gal 3:15 Brothers, speaking of human terms, though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been confirmed, no one makes it void, or adds to it.
Gal 3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He doesn't say, "To seeds," as of many, but as of one, "To your seed," which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 Now I say this. A covenant confirmed beforehand by God in Christ, the law, which came four hundred thirty years after, does not annul, so as to make the promise of no effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no more of promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 What then is the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the seed should come to whom the promise has been made. It was ordained through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not between one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could make alive, most certainly righteousness would have been of the law.
Gal 3:22 But the Scriptures imprisoned all things under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, confined for the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 So that the law has become our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Gal 3:26 For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to promise.

 
The Composite Bible
The World English Bible
Darby's Translation
Young's Literal Translation

The Composite Bible is a effort to understand the Bible by considering it from different perspectives and different levels of literalcy. First, read the World English Bible (the least literal-black text) for comprehension of the text. Next, read both the World English Bible with the Darby Translation (more literal-blue text)to make comparisons and lastly, read all three versions (Young's is the most literal translation- red text) at one time to obtain an overview of the text. Doing this will make you think about what the Scriptures are actually saying and avoid reading in a superficial manner.
Galatians

 
Galatians 3 1
Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you not to obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was openly set forth among you as crucified?
O senseless Galatians, who has bewitched you; to whom, as before your very eyes, Jesus
Christ has been portrayed, crucified [among you]?
O thoughtless Galatians, who did bewitch you, not to obey the truth -- before
whose eyes Jesus Christ was described before among you crucified?
Galatians 3 2
I just want to learn this from you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by
hearing of faith?
This only I wish to learn of you, Have ye received the Spirit on the principle of works of
law, or of [the] report of faith?
this only do I wish to learn from you -- by works of law the Spirit did ye receive,
or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3 3
Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now completed in the flesh?
Are ye so senseless? having begun in Spirit, are ye going to be made perfect in flesh?
so thoughtless are ye! having begun in the Spirit, now in the flesh do ye end?
Galatians 3 4
Did you suffer so many things in vain, if it is indeed in vain?
Have ye suffered so many things in vain, if indeed also in vain?
so many things did ye suffer in vain! if, indeed, even in vain.
Galatians 3 5
He therefore that supplies the Spirit to you, and works miracles among you, does he do it by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith?
He therefore who ministers to you the Spirit, and works miracles among you, [is it] on
the principle of works of law, or of [the] report of faith?
He, therefore, who is supplying to you the Spirit, and working mighty acts among
you -- by works of law or by the hearing of faith [is it]?
Galatians 3 6
Even as Abraham "believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.
according as Abraham did believe God, and it was reckoned to him -- to righteousness;
Galatians 3 7
Know therefore that those who are of faith, the same are sons of Abraham.
Know then that they that are on the principle of faith, these are Abraham`s sons;
know ye, then, that those of faith -- these are sons of Abraham,
Galatians 3 8
The scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel
beforehand to Abraham, saying, "In you will all the nations be blessed."
and the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the nations on the principle of faith,
announced beforehand the glad tidings to Abraham: In thee all the nations shall be blessed.
and the Writing having foreseen that by faith God doth declare righteous the
nations did proclaim before the good news to Abraham --
Galatians 3 9
So then, those who are of faith are blessed with the faithful Abraham.
So that they who are on the principle of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.
`Blessed in thee shall be all the nations;` so that those of faith are blessed with the
faithful Abraham,
Galatians 3 10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse. For it is written, "Cursed is
everyone who doesn`t continue in all things that are written in the book of the law, to do them."
For as many as are on the principle of works of law are under curse. For it is written,
Cursed is every one who does not continue in all things which [are] written in the book
of the law to do them;
for as many as are of works of law are under a curse, for it hath been written,
`Cursed [is] every one who is not remaining in all things that have been written
in the Book of the Law -- to do them,`
Galatians 3 11
Now that no man is justified by the law before God is evident, for, "The righteous will live by faith."
but that by law no one is justified with God [is] evident, because The just shall live on the
principle of faith;
and that in law no one is declared righteous with God, is evident, because `The
righteous by faith shall live;`
Galatians 3 12
The law is not of faith, but, "He that does them will live in them."
but the law is not on the principle of faith; but, He that shall have done these things shall
live by them.
and the law is not by faith, but -- `The man who did them shall live in them.`
Galatians 3 13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us. For it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree,"
Christ has redeemed us out of the curse of the law, having become a curse for us, (for it is
written, Cursed [is] every one hanged upon a tree,)
Christ did redeem us from the curse of the law, having become for us a curse, for
it hath been written, `Cursed is every one who is hanging on a tree,`
Galatians 3 14
that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Christ Jesus; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
that the blessing of Abraham might come to the nations in Christ Jesus, that we might
receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
that to the nations the blessing of Abraham may come in Christ Jesus, that the
promise of the Spirit we may receive through the faith.
Galatians 3 15
Brothers, I speak like men. Though it is only a man`s covenant, yet when it has been confirmed, no one makes it void, or adds to it.
Brethren, (I speak according to man,) even man`s confirmed covenant no one sets aside,
or adds other dispositions to.
Brethren, as a man I say [it], even of man a confirmed covenant no one doth make
void or doth add to,
Galatians 3 16
Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He doesn`t say, "To seeds," as of many, but as of one, "To your seed," which is Christ.
But to Abraham were the promises addressed, and to his seed: he does not say, And to
seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed; which is Christ.
and to Abraham were the promises spoken, and to his seed; He doth not say, `And
to seeds,` as of many, but as of one, `And to thy seed,` which is Christ;
Galatians 3 17
Now I say this. A covenant confirmed beforehand by God in Christ, the law, which came four hundred and thirty years after, does not annul, so as to make the promise of no effect.
Now I say this, A covenant confirmed beforehand by God, the law, which took place four
hundred and thirty years after, does not annul, so as to make the promise of no effect.
and this I say, A covenant confirmed before by God to Christ, the law, that came
four hundred and thirty years after, doth not set aside, to make void the promise,
Galatians 3 18
For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no more of promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by promise.
For if the inheritance [be] on the principle of law, [it is] no longer on the principle of
promise; but God gave it in grace to Abraham by promise.
for if by law [be] the inheritance, [it is] no more by promise, but to Abraham
through promise did God grant [it].
Galatians 3 19
What then is the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the seed should come to
whom the promise has been made. It was ordained through angels by the hand of a  mediator.
Why then the law? It was added for the sake of transgressions, until the seed came to
whom the promise was made, ordained through angels in [the] hand of a mediator.
Why, then, the law? on account of the transgressions it was added, till the seed
might come to which the promise hath been made, having been set in order
through messengers in the hand of a mediator --
Galatians 3 20
Now a mediator is not between one, but God is one.
But a mediator is not of one, but God is one.
and the mediator is not of one, and God is one --
Galatians 3 21
Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given
which could make alive, most assuredly righteousness would have been of the law.
[Is] then the law against the promises of God? Far be the thought. For if a law had been
given able to quicken, then indeed righteousness were on the principle of law;
the law, then, [is] against the promises of God? -- let it not be! for if a law was
given that was able to make alive, truly by law there would have been the righteousness,
Galatians 3 22
But the scriptures shut up all things under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
but the scripture has shut up all things under sin, that the promise, on the principle of
faith of Jesus Christ, should be given to those that believe.
but the Writing did shut up the whole under sin, that the promise by faith of
Jesus Christ may be given to those believing.
Galatians 3 23
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, shut up to the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
But before faith came, we were guarded under law, shut up to faith [which was] about to
be revealed.
And before the coming of the faith, under law we were being kept, shut up to the
faith about to be revealed,
Galatians 3 24
So that the law has become our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
So that the law has been our tutor up to Christ, that we might be justified on the
principle of faith.
so that the law became our child-conductor -- to Christ, that by faith we may be
declared righteous,
Galatians 3 25
But now that faith is come, we are no longer under a tutor.
But, faith having come, we are no longer under a tutor;
and the faith having come, no more under a child-conductor are we,
Galatians 3 26
For you are all sons of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.
for ye are all God`s sons by faith in Christ Jesus.
for ye are all sons of God through the faith in Christ Jesus,
Galatians 3 27
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
For ye, as many as have been baptised unto Christ, have put on Christ.
for as many as to Christ were baptized did put on Christ;
Galatians 3 28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
There is no Jew nor Greek; there is no bondman nor freeman; there is no male and female;
for ye are all one in Christ Jesus:
there is not here Jew or Greek, there is not here servant nor freeman, there is not
here male and female, for all ye are one in Christ Jesus;
Galatians 3 29
If you are Christ`s, then you are Abraham`s seed, heirs according to promise.
but if *ye* [are] of Christ, then ye are Abraham`s seed, heirs according to promise.
and if ye [are] of Christ then of Abraham ye are seed, and according to promise -- heirs.

 Study Questions

Is the Gospel preached through the law (of Moses) or through faith? 3:5-11
 

How do we put on Christ? 3:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment