July 22, 2014

From Gary... A reflection of the heights of infinity

Today's NASA picture (http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/) is from Iceland; from within a cave formed by a lava flow. To my mind, the cave is NOT THE FOCUS OF THE PICTURE; The aurora visible just above the center is. After that, the man becomes the focal point. Why? To show that even though human beings consider themselves "on top" of things (and he is in this picture), ultimately both his perception and position are tiny in comparison to God and the lofty place of his abode. God, through the prophet Isaiah puts it this way...
Isaiah 55:6-11 NASB
(6)  Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.
(7)  Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
(8)  "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
(9)  "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.

(10)  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
(11)  So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
Humans have come a long way since being cave dweller, but can we even create one small planet. What about a solar system or a galaxy or something greater?  I think not!!!  And yet, there are those who will arrogantly say that God does NOT and CAN NOT EXIST.  Why? Because in their pride they fail to see beyond the power of their own mind (like the reflection in the photo).  They can not accept what they can not see and therefore it obviously can not exist!!!  What hubris!!!  Somehow, the words of a hymn (whose title eludes me) echo in my mind when I review the Isaiah passage... Humble yourself in sight of the LORD and HE WILL LIFT YOU UP!!! Look up to God and not at yourself to truly understand greatness and follow the words of verse six above. You will never, ever, be sorry you did- I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment