July 8, 2014

From Gary... Stress


Perhaps you may have not noticed, but I have not done a post in awhile. We went on vacation to the Northeast (New Jersey and Pennsylvania) and had a great time!!!  The break did us both a "World of Good" and now that we are home, I realize just how much we needed it.  Who would have ever thought that I would need a vacation while I am retired.  But then again, life is one continual surprise- each and every day!!!!  In preparation for the trip, I purchased a "NowBible".
http://www.christianbook.com/nowbible-nasb-audio-video-bible-reader/pd/362750?kw=nasb%20color%20nowbible&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&gclid=CNuyxJOPtr8CFWrl7AodwxMAAA
I can only tell you that this is a marvellous device (It is the size of a cellphone, so I carried it in my cell case, almost all the time) and I used it a lot; especially on the plane!!!  On the return flight, we had a bit of turbulence, so I read and listened (simultaneously) to both the book of Galatians and Revelation.  And so we come to the picture and the Bible.  Specifically, to the book of Revelation...
Revelation, Chapter 1
Rev_1:3  Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
The Scripture is true (as always) and when I finished the book, I did feel blessed. And by the way- I completely forgot about the turbulence- until just now, that is!!!  God's word changes things- always has, always will!!!!  Try it; you will like it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment