August 30, 2014

From Gary... A change from ugliness



























My granddaughter Elizabeth (the official photographer in the family in Florida) gave me this picture some time ago, but I didn't use it because of the ugliness of the tree in the center of the picture. Today, I took another look at it from a different perspective and realized I really like it.  Why? Because of the contrasting color of the shadows in the water and the other smaller trees in the background that are so full of life.  Then, the thought came to me that God must do the same thing with us?  Even though we are sinful human beings (being prone to sin), yet I think that somehow HE finds good in every one of us (obviously, some more than others) and works on what HE finds.  But no matter how good we eventually become, still some sin remains - and that is where Jesus comes to the rescue....
1 Timothy 1:12-16 NASB
(12)  I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service,
(13)  even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;
(14)  and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.
(15)  It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
(16)  Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.
Where there is life- there is hope.  A good friend of mine at church told me that for 40+ years he rejected coming to church, then he turned around to the point that he is a very faithful Christian.  Never give up on anyone, they may change!!! And that means every single one of us, no matter who you are- you can live a better life.  A good starting point is to quietly think about your life and how God views you where you are- warts and all!!!  Then, begin reading the Scriptures to see where you should be. Pray about it and then pray some more, then obey the Gospel and continue the process of change!!! God can take even the "foremost" sinner and change that person into someone very special!!!  Forget excuses, just begin today!!!  I promise, you will be glad you did!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment