September 12, 2014

From Gary... Bible Reading September 12


Bible Reading  
September 12

The World English Bible


Sept. 12
Psalms 61-63

Psa 61:1 Hear my cry, God. Listen to my prayer.
Psa 61:2 From the end of the earth, I will call to you, when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psa 61:3 For you have been a refuge for me, a strong tower from the enemy.
Psa 61:4 I will dwell in your tent forever. I will take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah.
Psa 61:5 For you, God, have heard my vows. You have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Psa 61:6 You will prolong the king's life; his years shall be for generations.
Psa 61:7 He shall be enthroned in God's presence forever. Appoint your loving kindness and truth, that they may preserve him.
Psa 61:8 So I will sing praise to your name forever, that I may fulfill my vows daily.
Psa 62:1 My soul rests in God alone. My salvation is from him.
Psa 62:2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress-- I will never be greatly shaken.
Psa 62:3 How long will you assault a man, would all of you throw him down, Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
Psa 62:4 They fully intend to throw him down from his lofty place. They delight in lies. They bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
Psa 62:5 My soul, wait in silence for God alone, for my expectation is from him.
Psa 62:6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress. I will not be shaken.
Psa 62:7 With God is my salvation and my honor. The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times, you people. Pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Psa 62:9 Surely men of low degree are just a breath, and men of high degree are a lie. In the balances they will go up. They are together lighter than a breath.
Psa 62:10 Don't trust in oppression. Don't become vain in robbery. If riches increase, don't set your heart on them.
Psa 62:11 God has spoken once; twice I have heard this, that power belongs to God.
Psa 62:12 Also to you, Lord, belongs loving kindness, for you reward every man according to his work.
Psa 63:1 God, you are my God. I will earnestly seek you. My soul thirsts for you. My flesh longs for you, in a dry and weary land, where there is no water.
Psa 63:2 So I have seen you in the sanctuary, watching your power and your glory.
Psa 63:3 Because your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise you.
Psa 63:4 So I will bless you while I live. I will lift up my hands in your name.
Psa 63:5 My soul shall be satisfied as with the richest food. My mouth shall praise you with joyful lips,
Psa 63:6 when I remember you on my bed, and think about you in the night watches.
Psa 63:7 For you have been my help. I will rejoice in the shadow of your wings.
Psa 63:8 My soul stays close to you. Your right hand holds me up.
Psa 63:9 But those who seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
Psa 63:10 They shall be given over to the power of the sword. They shall be jackal food.
Psa 63:11 But the king shall rejoice in God. Everyone who swears by him will praise him, for the mouth of those who speak lies shall be silenced.



Sept. 12
1 Corinthians 8

1Co 8:1 Now concerning things sacrificed to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.
1Co 8:2 But if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he doesn't yet know as he ought to know.
1Co 8:3 But if anyone loves God, the same is known by him.
1Co 8:4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
1Co 8:5 For though there are things that are called "gods," whether in the heavens or on earth; as there are many "gods" and many "lords;"
1Co 8:6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.
1Co 8:7 However, that knowledge isn't in all men. But some, with consciousness of the idol until now, eat as of a thing sacrificed to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.
1Co 8:8 But food will not commend us to God. For neither, if we don't eat, are we the worse; nor, if we eat, are we the better.
1Co 8:9 But be careful that by no means does this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to the weak.
1Co 8:10 For if a man sees you who have knowledge sitting in an idol's temple, won't his conscience, if he is weak, be emboldened to eat things sacrificed to idols?
1Co 8:11 And through your knowledge, he who is weak perishes, the brother for whose sake Christ died.
1Co 8:12 Thus, sinning against the brothers, and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.
1Co 8:13 Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will eat no meat forevermore, that I don't cause my brother to stumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment