September 25, 2014

From Gary... Delighted!!!!!
























At first glance it almost looks like they are flying, doesn't it? But, Wow! are they having fun or what???  Each one of them expresses it in different ways, as can plainly be seen from their faces. From that contented driver, or the adventurous girl,  to that wide open-mouthed boy at the end each one expresses their present delight in different ways.  Question: When was the last time you felt that way about your relationship with God? And then the Bible speaks...
 
 Jeremiah 15:16 NASB
(16)  Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.
 
Psalms 1:1-2 NASB
(1)  How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
(2)  But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
Psalms 37:4 NASB
(4)  Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.
All this reminds me of a hymn by Frederick Whitfield: 
Oh, How I Love Jesus
  1. There is a Name I love to hear,
    I love to sing its worth;
    It sounds like music in my ear,
    The sweetest Name on earth.
    • Refrain:
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Because He first loved me!
  2. It tells me of a Savior’s love,
    Who died to set me free;
    It tells me of His precious blood,
    The sinner’s perfect plea.
  3. It tells me of a Father’s smile
    Beaming upon His child;
    It cheers me through this little while,
    Through desert, waste, and wild.
  4. It tells me what my Father hath
    In store for every day,
    And though I tread a darksome path,
    Yields sunshine all the way.
  5. It tells of One whose loving heart
    Can feel my deepest woe;
    Who in each sorrow bears a part
    That none can bear below.
  6. It bids my trembling heart rejoice;
    It dries each rising tear;
    It tells me, in a “still small voice,”
    To trust and never fear.
  7. Jesus, the Name I love so well,
    The Name I love to hear:
    No saint on earth its worth can tell,
    No heart conceive how dear.
  8. This Name shall shed its fragrance still
    Along this thorny road,
    Shall sweetly smooth the rugged hill
    That leads me up to God.
  9. And there with all the blood-bought throng,
    From sin and sorrow free,
    I’ll sing the new eternal song
    Of Jesus’ love for me.


Which in turn reminds me of the following exchange...
John 21:1-17 NASB
(1)  After these things Jesus manifested Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and He manifested Himself in this way.
(2)  Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
(3)  Simon Peter *said to them, "I am going fishing." They *said to him, "We will also come with you." They went out and got into the boat; and that night they caught nothing.
(4)  But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
(5)  So Jesus *said to them, "Children, you do not have any fish, do you?" They answered Him, "No."
(6)  And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch." So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish.
(7)  Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved *said to Peter, "It is the Lord." So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea.
(8)  But the other disciples came in the little boat, for they were not far from the land, but about one hundred yards away, dragging the net full of fish.
(9)  So when they got out on the land, they *saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread.
(10)  Jesus *said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have now caught."
(11)  Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn.
(12)  Jesus *said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples ventured to question Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the Lord.
(13)  Jesus *came and *took the bread and *gave it to them, and the fish likewise.
(14)  This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the disciples, after He was raised from the dead.
(15)  So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus *said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" He *said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He *said to him, "Tend My lambs."
(16)  He *said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" He *said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He *said to him, "Shepherd My sheep."
(17)  He *said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus *said to him, "Tend My sheep.
Is your delight to love God? One very good question, to which only you know the answer. Something wonderful to contemplate on this dreary day in Florida!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment