January 17, 2015

From Ed Healy... If we could see beyond today!

From Ed Healy... If we could see beyond today!



 



If it were possible for you and me to look beyond today, to roll away the mists that obscure our vision, perhaps many of the griefs of today would be done away. There are so many things we cannot understand, being limited to reasoning with our senses of sight or hearing or taste or smell or touch.

But through our faith in God, we know that all dreary days will soon be bright and that all dreary days will soon be bright and that all life's wrongs will be made right. The pains of disease and broken hearts will all be healed in the better world in which we shall live.

For the present, though, it is not God's will that we know all things about the world to come. The revealed things of God are the ones we must concern ourselves with; we must trust in God to lead us into those unseen things beyond today.

I know not the way I am going,
But well do I know my guide!
With a childlike faith do I give my hand
To the mighty Friend by my side.
And the only thing that I say to him
As he takes it, is, Hold it fast!
Suffer me not to lose the way,
And lead me home at last.
We cannot see what lies before,
And so we cling to Him the more.
He leads us till this life is o'er,
If we trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment