March 25, 2015

From Gary... Oh, to be a "field mouse"!!!



Not sure what this animal is, but I am thinking "field mouse". What really is important here is the ATTITUDE- JOY!!! There is just something special about spring, isn't there? When the hardship of winter is over and pleasant weather is here (well, almost) somehow our ATTITUDE just seems to IMPROVE.  And then there are these verses from the Bible...
Isaiah, Chapter 25 (WEB)
8 He has swallowed up death forever! The Lord Yahweh will wipe away tears from off all faces. He will take the reproach of his people away from off all the earth, for Yahweh has spoken it.  9 It shall be said in that day, “Behold, this is our God! We have waited for him, and he will save us! This is Yahweh! We have waited for him. We will be glad and rejoice in his salvation!” 

Revelation, Chapter 21 (WEB)
 1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth have passed away, and the sea is no more.  2 I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.  3 I heard a loud voice out of heaven saying, “Behold, God’s dwelling is with people, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.  4 He will wipe away from them every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away.” 

Prophecy, it can be difficult to understand!!!  Why? Because the one from whom it originates is eternal. That is to say, HE looks at things differently than we do because of his eternal nature.  So, things are spoken of as having happened when they are in the future. Confused yet? Well, don't be- just think ATTITUDE!!!! God will turn the winter of our existence (the here and now) into an unending spring of joy (our spiritual forever)!!!! We will see it someday; the "when" of it is up is in the Almighty's time frame, not ours. I guess what I am trying to say has already been said by Jesus within the following passage...

John, Chapter 20 (WEB)
 24  But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, wasn’t with them when Jesus came.  25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord!” 

But he said to them, “Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” 

  26  After eight days again his disciples were inside, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, the doors being locked, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace be to you.”   27 Then he said to Thomas, “Reach here your finger, and see my hands. Reach here your hand, and put it into my side. Don’t be unbelieving, but believing.” 

  28  Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” 

  29  Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed.” 


Even though it is cloudy, cool and somewhat misty today, I still believe spring is in fact upon us. I just have to wait for the SUN to come out.

THE SAME THING IS TRUE FOR HEAVEN!!!  BELIEVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment