April 29, 2015

From Gary... Demas, Mark and dreams






The pictures above are of the famous Banbo rainbow bridge in Seoul, South Korea.  I confess, I spent WAY TO MUCH TIME looking at them.  I don't really know WHY, but something about this bridge fascinated me!!!  The beauty of this world can be truly enticing and after this episode of intense viewing, I understand a bit more about one unusual character in the New Testament...

Colossians, Chapter 4 (WEB)
14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas greet you. 

Philemon (WEB)
 23  Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you,  24 as do Mark, Aristarchus,Demas, and Luke, my fellow workers.

2 Timothy, Chapter 4 (WEB)
  6  For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure has come.  7 I have fought the good fight. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith.  8 From now on, there is stored up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day; and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his appearing.  9 Be diligent to come to me soon,  10 for Demas left me, having loved this present world, and went to Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.  11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for service.

Some people begin wonderfully in life and end badly. So it is with Demas.  However, it does NOT have to be that way.  Mark, who had deserted Paul (Acts 15:38) became useful, once again.  If you have failed God in some way, there is always hope - Think of Mark and NOT DEMAS.

Somehow, this picture says it all...




For more information about Demas, I refer you to the following..
Demas

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2013/08/15/Demas-Lover-of-This-Present-World.aspx#Article

No comments:

Post a Comment