May 20, 2015

From Gary... Win, place or show?


T.G.I.F.: Today God is First... Humm, this is a new one. I originally learned Thank God its Friday, then Toes Go in First; what's next, The Goodness I Find or THE GIFT is Friendship?  Of them all, I think I like the picture best. So, Today God is First will be the way I remember this from now on. But, wait; isn't that the way was supposed to have been all along.....?

Matthew, Chapter 22 (WEB)

 33  When the multitudes heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.  34 But the Pharisees, when they heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, gathered themselves together.  35 One of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, testing him.  36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?” 

  37  Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’   38  This is the first and great commandment.   39  A second likewise is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  40  The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.” 


Matthew, Chapter 10 (WEB)
34  “Don’t think that I came to send peace on the earth. I didn’t come to send peace, but a sword.   35  For I came to set a man at odds against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.   36  A man’s foes will be those of his own household.  37  He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me isn’t worthy of me.   38  He who doesn’t take his cross and follow after me, isn’t worthy of me. 

The answer is "YES"!!! Now, what do I make second, or third???? And the winner is...

No comments:

Post a Comment