June 30, 2015

From Gary... Motivation, with a view to reality!!!

Last night, my weigh-in at weight-watchers was the same as it has been for the past few weeks. And believe it or not, I am happy about it!!! Why? Because before I started WW I was gaining about 5-7 pounds a month- every month!!!  So, even though I have only lost 4 pounds since I joined (seven weeks ago), things are changing, albeit slowly.
Now, I have come to the realization that I just need to see things differently- in short, I need to be motivated!!! So, when I was on Google+ today and saw this picture, I laughed!!!  And I thought- if it takes a hard dose of visual reality to see the genuine physical reality of things, then what would it take to see true spirituality?
As usual, Jesus has the answer....
Luke, Chapter 7 (WEB)
 24  When John’s messengers had departed, he began to tell the multitudes about John, “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?   25  But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft clothing? Behold, those who are gorgeously dressed, and live delicately, are in kings’ courts.   26  But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and much more than a prophet.   27  This is he of whom it is written, 
‘Behold, I send my messenger before your face, 
who will prepare your way before you.’


  28  “For I tell you, among those who are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptizer, yet he who is least in the Kingdom of God is greater than he.”

and of course, there is also this passage...

Matthew, Chapter 17 (WEB)

1 After six days, Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into a high mountain by themselves. 2 He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his garments became as white as the light.  3 Behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them talking with him. 


  4  Peter answered, and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, let’s make three tents here: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 


  5  While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. Behold, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.”

Again, the answer to spiritual reality is Jesus!!!  Not sure about the mirror thing... Sounds a little scary!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment