October 2, 2015

From Gary... Bible Reading October 2-4



Bible Reading  

October 2-4

The World English Bible

Oct. 2
Psalms 125-127

Psa 125:1 Those who trust in Yahweh are as Mount Zion, which can't be moved, but remains forever.
Psa 125:2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so Yahweh surrounds his people from this time forth and forevermore.
Psa 125:3 For the scepter of wickedness won't remain over the allotment of the righteous; so that the righteous won't use their hands to do evil.
Psa 125:4 Do good, Yahweh, to those who are good, to those who are upright in their hearts.
Psa 125:5 But as for those who turn aside to their crooked ways, Yahweh will lead them away with the workers of iniquity. Peace be on Israel.
Psa 126:1 When Yahweh brought back those who returned to Zion, we were like those who dream.
Psa 126:2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, "Yahweh has done great things for them."
Psa 126:3 Yahweh has done great things for us, and we are glad.
Psa 126:4 Restore our fortunes again, Yahweh, like the streams in the Negev.
Psa 126:5 Those who sow in tears will reap in joy.
Psa 126:6 He who goes out weeping, carrying seed for sowing, will certainly come again with joy, carrying his sheaves.
Psa 127:1 Unless Yahweh builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. Unless Yahweh watches over the city, the watchman guards it in vain.
Psa 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to stay up late, eating the bread of toil; for he gives sleep to his loved ones.
Psa 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psa 127:4 As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth.
Psa 127:5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them. They won't be disappointed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Oct. 3
Psalms 128-130
Psa 128:1 Blessed is everyone who fears Yahweh, who walks in his ways.
Psa 128:2 For you will eat the labor of your hands. You will be happy, and it will be well with you.
Psa 128:3 Your wife will be as a fruitful vine, in the innermost parts of your house; your children like olive plants, around your table.
Psa 128:4 Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears Yahweh.
Psa 128:5 May Yahweh bless you out of Zion, and may you see the good of Jerusalem all the days of your life.
Psa 128:6 Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel.
Psa 129:1 Many times they have afflicted me from my youth up. Let Israel now say,
Psa 129:2 many times they have afflicted me from my youth up, yet they have not prevailed against me.
Psa 129:3 The plowers plowed on my back. They made their furrows long.
Psa 129:4 Yahweh is righteous. He has cut apart the cords of the wicked.
Psa 129:5 Let them be disappointed and turned backward, all those who hate Zion.
Psa 129:6 Let them be as the grass on the housetops, which withers before it grows up;
Psa 129:7 with which the reaper doesn't fill his hand, nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom.
Psa 129:8 Neither do those who go by say, "The blessing of Yahweh be on you. We bless you in the name of Yahweh."
Psa 130:1 Out of the depths I have cried to you, Yahweh.
Psa 130:2 Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions.
Psa 130:3 If you, Yah, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand?
Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with you, therefore you are feared.
Psa 130:5 I wait for Yahweh. My soul waits. I hope in his word.
Psa 130:6 My soul longs for the Lord more than watchmen long for the morning; more than watchmen for the morning.
Psa 130:7 Israel, hope in Yahweh, for with Yahweh there is loving kindness. With him is abundant redemption.
Psa 130:8 He will redeem Israel from all their sins.

Oct. 4
Psalms 131-134
Psa 131:1 Yahweh, my heart isn't haughty, nor my eyes lofty; nor do I concern myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.
Psa 131:2 Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psa 131:3 Israel, hope in Yahweh, from this time forth and forevermore.
Psa 132:1 Yahweh, remember David and all his affliction,
Psa 132:2 how he swore to Yahweh, and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
Psa 132:3 "Surely I will not come into the structure of my house, nor go up into my bed;
Psa 132:4 I will not give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids;
Psa 132:5 until I find out a place for Yahweh, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
Psa 132:6 Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah. We found it in the field of Jaar:
Psa 132:7 "We will go into his dwelling place. We will worship at his footstool.
Psa 132:8 Arise, Yahweh, into your resting place; you, and the ark of your strength.
Psa 132:9 Let your priest be clothed with righteousness. Let your saints shout for joy!"
Psa 132:10 For your servant David's sake, don't turn away the face of your anointed one.
Psa 132:11 Yahweh has sworn to David in truth. He will not turn from it: "I will set the fruit of your body on your throne.
Psa 132:12 If your children will keep my covenant, my testimony that I will teach them, their children also will sit on your throne forevermore."
Psa 132:13 For Yahweh has chosen Zion. He has desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 "This is my resting place forever. Here I will live, for I have desired it.
Psa 132:15 I will abundantly bless her provision. I will satisfy her poor with bread.
Psa 132:16 Her priests I will also clothe with salvation. Her saints will shout aloud for joy.
Psa 132:17 There I will make the horn of David to bud. I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.
Psa 132:18 I will clothe his enemies with shame, but on himself, his crown will be resplendent."
Psa 133:1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity!
Psa 133:2 It is like the precious oil on the head, that ran down on the beard, even Aaron's beard; that came down on the edge of his robes;
Psa 133:3 like the dew of Hermon, that comes down on the hills of Zion: for there Yahweh gives the blessing, even life forevermore.
Psa 134:1 Look! Praise Yahweh, all you servants of Yahweh, who stand by night in Yahweh's house!
Psa 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary. Praise Yahweh!

Psa 134:3 May Yahweh bless you from Zion; even he who made heaven and earth.

 Oct. 2
2 Corinthians 12

2Co 12:1 It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. For I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2Co 12:2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I don't know, or whether out of the body, I don't know; God knows), such a one caught up into the third heaven.
2Co 12:3 I know such a man (whether in the body, or outside of the body, I don't know; God knows),
2Co 12:4 how he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
2Co 12:5 On behalf of such a one I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in my weaknesses.
2Co 12:6 For if I would desire to boast, I will not be foolish; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, so that no man may think more of me than that which he sees in me, or hears from me.
2Co 12:7 By reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted excessively, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, that I should not be exalted excessively.
2Co 12:8 Concerning this thing, I begged the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.
2Co 12:11 I have become foolish in boasting. You compelled me, for I ought to have been commended by you, for in nothing was I inferior to the very best apostles, though I am nothing.
2Co 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were worked among you in all patience, in signs and wonders and mighty works.
2Co 12:13 For what is there in which you were made inferior to the rest of the assemblies, unless it is that I myself was not a burden to you? Forgive me this wrong.
2Co 12:14 Behold, this is the third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not be a burden to you; for I seek not your possessions, but you. For the children ought not to save up for the parents, but the parents for the children.
2Co 12:15 I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls. If I love you more abundantly, am I loved the less?
2Co 12:16 But be it so, I did not myself burden you. But, being crafty, I caught you with deception.
2Co 12:17 Did I take advantage of you by anyone of them whom I have sent to you?
2Co 12:18 I exhorted Titus, and I sent the brother with him. Did Titus take any advantage of you? Didn't we walk in the same spirit? Didn't we walk in the same steps?
2Co 12:19 Again, do you think that we are excusing ourselves to you? In the sight of God we speak in Christ. But all things, beloved, are for your edifying.
2Co 12:20 For I am afraid that by any means, when I come, I might find you not the way I want to, and that I might be found by you as you don't desire; that by any means there would be strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, whisperings, proud thoughts, riots;
2Co 12:21 that again when I come my God would humble me before you, and I would mourn for many of those who have sinned before now, and not repented of the uncleanness and sexual immorality and lustfulness which they committed.

Oct. 3
2 Corinthians 13

2Co 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. "At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."
2Co 13:2 I have said beforehand, and I do say beforehand, as when I was present the second time, so now, being absent, I write to those who have sinned before now, and to all the rest, that, if I come again, I will not spare;
2Co 13:3 seeing that you seek a proof of Christ who speaks in me; who toward you is not weak, but is powerful in you.
2Co 13:4 For he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives through the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we will live with him through the power of God toward you.
2Co 13:5 Test your own selves, whether you are in the faith. Test your own selves. Or don't you know as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.
2Co 13:6 But I hope that you will know that we aren't disqualified.
2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we may appear approved, but that you may do that which is honorable, though we are as reprobate.
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
2Co 13:9 For we rejoice when we are weak and you are strong. And this we also pray for, even your perfecting.
2Co 13:10 For this cause I write these things while absent, that I may not deal sharply when present, according to the authority which the Lord gave me for building up, and not for tearing down.
2Co 13:11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Be perfected, be comforted, be of the same mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.
2Co 13:12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.
2Co 13:13 All the saints greet you.
2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen.

Oct. 4
Galatians 1

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead),
Gal 1:2 and all the brothers who are with me, to the assemblies of Galatia:
Gal 1:3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 1:4 who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father--
Gal 1:5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
Gal 1:6 I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different "good news";
Gal 1:7 and there isn't another "good news." Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any "good news" other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any "good news" other than that which you received, let him be cursed.
Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn't be a servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I make known to you, brothers, concerning the Good News which was preached by me, that it is not according to man.
Gal 1:12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.
Gal 1:13 For you have heard of my way of living in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the assembly of God, and ravaged it.
Gal 1:14 I advanced in the Jews' religion beyond many of my own age among my countrymen, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
Gal 1:15 But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me through his grace,
Gal 1:16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I didn't immediately confer with flesh and blood,
Gal 1:17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia. Then I returned to Damascus.
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Peter, and stayed with him fifteen days.
Gal 1:19 But of the other apostles I saw no one, except James, the Lord's brother.
Gal 1:20 Now about the things which I write to you, behold, before God, I'm not lying.
Gal 1:21 Then I came to the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
Gal 1:22 I was still unknown by face to the assemblies of Judea which were in Christ,
Gal 1:23 but they only heard: "He who once persecuted us now preaches the faith that he once tried to destroy."
Gal 1:24 And they glorified God in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment