January 27, 2016

From Gary... Time for a "charge"


Obviously, this is a compilation of two pictures, one untouched and one photo-shopped. If it were real, what could do this? Nothing- this is phony!!!  But, Christian, what gets you "all charged up"? Humm, the power of God and the strong exhortation (the charge) to do something about it...

Romans, Chapter 1 (WEB)
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, for it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes; for the Jew first, and also for the Greek.

2 Timothy, Chapter 4 (ASV)
1   I charge thee in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:   2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.  3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;   4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables. 

2 Timothy, Chapter 4 (WEB)
 1 I command you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his Kingdom:

2 Timothy, Chapter 4 (God's word)
 1 I solemnly call on you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who is going to judge those who are living and those who are dead. I do this because Christ Jesus will come to rule the world. 

The thing is- either we will listen, understand and obey (or not).


Jesus has said...

John, Chapter 12 (WEB)
44  Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me, but in him who sent me.   45  He who sees me sees him who sent me.   46  I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in the darkness.   47  If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn’t believe, I don’t judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.   48  He who rejects me, and doesn’t receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day.   49  For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.  50  I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak.”

and

Revelation, Chapter 3 (WEB)

14  “To the angel of the assembly in Laodicea write: 

“The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Head of God’s creation, says these things: 

  15  “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot.   16  So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth.   17  Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;’ and don’t know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked;   18  I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.   19  As many as I love, I reprove and chasten. Be zealous therefore, and repent.


I know, I know, all this about a picture that has a play on words. Sorry, that is me- I enjoy such things. However, the underlying truth is this: If God's word will not motivate you, what will? Remember vs 19 above - 19  As many as I love, I reprove and chasten. Be zealous therefore, and repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment