March 4, 2016

From Gary... God is GOOD!!!


The year was 1980 and times were tough; I was working full time as a security guard and full time as a janitor in a hospital with rotating days off. In addition to this, I was pursuing my bachelors degree. I had virtually no free time. After the better part of a year, I began to get discouraged- probably from not enough sleep. Then a fellow worker named Morris gave me a card with this saying from Alcoholics Anonymous. I thought it was wonderful then and still do. It made think about my relationship with God and reminded me of a Bible verse that also provided comfort...

Psalm 23
  1  Yahweh is my shepherd:
I shall lack nothing.
  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
  3 He restores my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
  4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
  5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil.
My cup runs over.
  6 Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in Yahweh’s house forever.


Somehow, I found the strength to do what I needed to do and moved on with my life.  Eventually, things became better, and as a result of all this, my faith increased. Also, I learned to seek to seek God diligently when life becomes too hard to bear. If it can work for me, it can for you as well.

God is GOOD!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment