June 29, 2016

A two way street by Gary Rose









If you already haven't guessed it, dogs are on my mind. Why? I talked with my brother Dave this morning and his dog Jack is in a lot of pain because of extensive knee surgery performed yesterday. We didn't talk long; Dave was too tired because he was up all night caring for his animal.

As I look at the pictures, two things come to mind. First, a dog's life cycle is much shorter than a human being, so I must realize that they just might die before I do; this I must try to accept. Second, If they could speak "human", they just might say- "Live, Love, Bark". Why? Because they want the very best for us and they show it in "dog" language everyday. 

Remember these things the next time you come home and your animal gets all excited to see you, or puts his head on your lap when he sees you are sick, or licks you face (my dog pal likes toes).

The Bible says...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 13 (WEB)
 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things.  12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known.  13 But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three.The greatest of these is love. (emp. added, GDR)

I know dogs only have the intelligence of a young child, so I am certain they cannot read, but somehow they have that "love" thing down perfectly.

Having a dog is a two way street- they learn a lot from you and hopefully you can do the same from them... 

Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment