January 3, 2017

Some thoughts about Maryanne by Gary Rose

This morning I received some very bad news; Maryanne Waddell was struck and killed by an automobile yesterday. I know most of you have never met her, but she was someone very special.  She didn't have a lot of the wonderful things in life, but she had lived to be 82 years young and she had her little dog, Teddie.
I knew her from church (where this picture was taken), but really got to know her this past year after her car would no longer work and I began to give her rides back and forth to church.
Over the past few months, I began to realize how great a Christian she really was and even though she was advanced in years, she was STILL GROWING in her walk with Christ!!! Her first thoughts would always be of others and how she could help them. This may not sound like a lot to some, but her income was very low and it must have cost her a lot to give the way she did.
Most of all, I will miss our conversations-in transit!!!
As I sat down to write this, immediately I thought of this passage from the book of Revelation...
Revelation, Chapter 14 (World English Bible)
 13 I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’” 

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.”

She was a shining example of all that a Christian can be and I will remember her by the very last thing she did- hand me a container of sugar-free banana pudding that she had made for my wife Linda and said: Give my love to your wife, see you later...

 I will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment