July 9, 2018

You are TOAST by Gary Rose


If you have been on Facebook for awhile,  you probably have seen tests like this. Tests designed to gain information about you.  OK, what could anyone possibly learn about you from the   degree of toasted bread?   I really don't know. But, perhaps some psychologist somewhere has determined a correlation between  character traits and toast darkness. I don't take tests like these anymore, because I have no desire to give away information about myself.

While I am not a psychologist, I do know that the choices you make in life will determine what your life will be like in the future.  And reveal a lot about you in the process.

Making difficult choices correctly reveals who a person really is.

Consider...




2 Corinthians, Chapter 13  World English Bible
  1 This is the third time I am coming to you. “At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” 2 I have said beforehand, and I do say beforehand, as when I was present the second time, so now, being absent, I write to those who have sinned before now, and to all the rest, that, if I come again, I will not spare;  3 seeing that you seek a proof of Christ who speaks in me; who toward you is not weak, but is powerful in you.  4 For he was crucified through weakness, yet he lives through the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we will live with him through the power of God toward you. 5 Test your own selves, whether you are in the faith. Test your own selves. Or don’t you know as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. (emphasis added) 6 But I hope that you will know that we aren’t disqualified.  




The Corinthian church had a problem with worldliness and SIN. And not just a "little" sin either!!!    What  sin we will tolerate from a "brother" or "Sister" in Christ says a lot about what our concept of Christianity   is. Paul had to draw a "Line in the sand,"  for the sake of their souls.  This must have been quite difficult for him, because disciplining   within the body of Christ is a very hard thing!

Small question here: Do we care enough about our brethren in Christ to confront them with their obvious sin?

Anyway, whatever you do in regards to others, first look to your own self and ask what your motives are.  If its something other than love for them or Christ, then YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

By the way, I like toast from the bottom row (that's as much as I will say about that)

No comments:

Post a Comment