November 26, 2018

A WALK IN THE WOODS by EE Healy

http://www.eehealy.com/commentary/A%20WALK%20IN%20THE%20WOODS-2.pdf




A WALK IN THE WOODS

 One day in August Joy and I took the day to walk about the Adirondack Mountains. Well, since they are HUGE it really was only a small and short trail, at that. Along the trail we came across a deer next to a stream feeding on some wild berries.  In my photos I have attached a photo I took for you to see the beauty of this creature. It reminds me of a Scripture from Psalm 42:1‐2, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When can I go and meet with God?" [NIV] Walking about in God's creation is in some way an opportunity to be near God.  When I read the Scriptures it is an opportunity to be near the mind of God. And then, when I open my heart and mind to pray to God it is an opportunity to talk with God. This reminds me of another Scripture from Genesis 3:8,  "Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day.." [NIV] Think about this when life and the trials, frustrations, and burdens of each day become overbearing.  What a wonderful thought to be able to walk with the Lord God in the cool of the day!  To be in His garden, His creation and unload all the cares of the day!  To ask His advice and seek His counsel as to what the true meaning and purpose is for life and our journey! For me, walking about the Adirondack Mountains opens a door into God's creation, a garden in which the cares of the day fade away as I commune with God. "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."    Thank you for always being there in the cool of the day.

The Best To You!

Edward E. Healy              

The Abiding Word        [www.TheAbidingWord.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment