November 19, 2018

RANDOM MEMORY by EE Healy

http://www.eehealy.com/commentary/RANDOM%20MEMORY.pdf


RANDOM MEMORY

Have you ever had one of those weeks? You know, when everything seems to go wrong and the further you go the behinder you get! Well, I have had two. Have you seen the commercial with the fellow typing at the computer? The one where he is trying to input data and he keeps getting an ERROR message. Then he takes his computer and throws it out the window. The punch line is an ad for Chevy cars. Well, that is what I experienced this week. In the last two weeks my computer CRASHED three times. Each time it took hours to re‐install all my programs and get the data recovered. All this happened among a dozen other obligations. As a person of detail, I wanted to know WHY my system was always crashing? I have the latest virus software and program updates. To make a long story short, I found out that it was my RAM memory. I had added some standard EDO memory to the EDO memory that came on the computer. After trial and error and the process of elimination I concluded that with the original memory installed my computer would not accept the new memory. So out with the old and in with the new! Now after two weeks of frustration I have a computer that operates just fine. Sometimes people are like my computer. Mixing old memory with new memory and getting nothing accomplished. It is important to remember the old things and times. Remember our roots and the suffering of those gone before. But build new memories each new day. To repeat the old, the old sufferings and all, is not accomplishing anything but frustration. My Irish ancestors left a land of suffering and came to America, a land of hope and a future with promise. It is my memory of them that gives me strength. It is my journey of hope, not repeating the past that honors their sacrifices. This week in America we remember the workers and their labor of the season. Labor Day to some is another holiday, the end of summer, or just some free time. I like to think of it as a time to remember the struggles of the past in a hope for the future. The harvest is here and the winter is coming. The rewards of a season are upon us. Remember, but look forward. Look forward to a new season and the rewards it promises. If we build on the foundation today, there is hope for the future. EEHealy Original Article from September 2000 Abiding Word The Abiding Word www.TheAbidingWord.com

No comments:

Post a Comment