September 6, 2019

Bible Reading September 6-8 by Gary Rose


Bible Reading September 6-8

World  English  Bible


Sept. 6
Psalms 43-45

Psa 43:1 Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation. Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men.
Psa 43:2 For you are the God of my strength. Why have you rejected me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
Psa 43:3 Oh, send out your light and your truth. Let them lead me. Let them bring me to your holy hill, To your tents.
Psa 43:4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy. I will praise you on the harp, God, my God.
Psa 43:5 Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him: my Savior, my helper, and my God.

Psa 44:1 We have heard with our ears, God; our fathers have told us, what work you did in their days, in the days of old.
Psa 44:2 You drove out the nations with your hand, but you planted them. You afflicted the peoples, but you spread them abroad.
Psa 44:3 For they didn't get the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them; but your right hand, and your arm, and the light of your face, because you were favorable to them.
Psa 44:4 You are my King, God. Command victories for Jacob!
Psa 44:5 Through you, will we push down our adversaries. Through your name, will we tread them under who rise up against us.
Psa 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.
Psa 44:7 But you have saved us from our adversaries, and have shamed those who hate us.
Psa 44:8 In God we have made our boast all day long, we will give thanks to your name forever. Selah.
Psa 44:9 But now you rejected us, and brought us to dishonor, and don't go out with our armies.
Psa 44:10 You make us turn back from the adversary. Those who hate us take spoil for themselves.
Psa 44:11 You have made us like sheep for food, and have scattered us among the nations.
Psa 44:12 You sell your people for nothing, and have gained nothing from their sale.
Psa 44:13 You make us a reproach to our neighbors, a scoffing and a derision to those who are around us.
Psa 44:14 You make us a byword among the nations, a shaking of the head among the peoples.
Psa 44:15 All day long my dishonor is before me, and shame covers my face,
Psa 44:16 At the taunt of one who reproaches and verbally abuses, because of the enemy and the avenger.
Psa 44:17 All this has come on us, yet have we not forgotten you, Neither have we been false to your covenant.
Psa 44:18 Our heart has not turned back, neither have our steps strayed from your path,
Psa 44:19 Though you have crushed us in the haunt of jackals, and covered us with the shadow of death.
Psa 44:20 If we have forgotten the name of our God, or spread forth our hands to a strange god;
Psa 44:21 won't God search this out? For he knows the secrets of the heart.
Psa 44:22 Yes, for your sake we are killed all day long. We are regarded as sheep for the slaughter.
Psa 44:23 Wake up! Why do you sleep, Lord? Arise! Don't reject us forever.
Psa 44:24 Why do you hide your face, and forget our affliction and our oppression?
Psa 44:25 For our soul is bowed down to the dust. Our body cleaves to the earth.
Psa 44:26 Rise up to help us. Redeem us for your loving kindness' sake.

Psa 45:1 My heart overflows with a noble theme. I recite my verses for the king. My tongue is like the pen of a skillful writer.
Psa 45:2 You are the most excellent of the sons of men. Grace has anointed your lips, therefore God has blessed you forever.
Psa 45:3 Gird your sword on your thigh, mighty one: your splendor and your majesty.
Psa 45:4 In your majesty ride on victoriously on behalf of truth, humility, and righteousness. Let your right hand display awesome deeds.
Psa 45:5 Your arrows are sharp. The nations fall under you, with arrows in the heart of the king's enemies.
Psa 45:6 Your throne, God, is forever and ever. A scepter of equity is the scepter of your kingdom.
Psa 45:7 You have loved righteousness, and hated wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.
Psa 45:8 All your garments smell like myrrh, aloes, and cassia. Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made you glad.
Psa 45:9 Kings' daughters are among your honorable women. At your right hand the queen stands in gold of Ophir.
Psa 45:10 Listen, daughter, consider, and turn your ear. Forget your own people, and also your father's house.
Psa 45:11 So the king will desire your beauty, honor him, for he is your lord.
Psa 45:12 The daughter of Tyre comes with a gift. The rich among the people entreat your favor.
Psa 45:13 The princess inside is all glorious. Her clothing is interwoven with gold.
Psa 45:14 She shall be led to the king in embroidered work. The virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to you.
Psa 45:15 With gladness and rejoicing they shall be led. They shall enter into the king's palace.
Psa 45:16 Your sons will take the place of your fathers. You shall make them princes in all the earth.
Psa 45:17 I will make your name to be remembered in all generations. Therefore the peoples shall give you thanks forever and ever.

Sept. 7
Psalms 46-48

Psa 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psa 46:2 Therefore we won't be afraid, though the earth changes, though the mountains are shaken into the heart of the seas;
Psa 46:3 though its waters roar and are troubled, though the mountains tremble with their swelling. Selah.
Psa 46:4 There is a river, the streams of which make the city of God glad, the holy place of the tents of the Most High.
Psa 46:5 God is in her midst. She shall not be moved. God will help her at dawn.
Psa 46:6 The nations raged. The kingdoms were moved. He lifted his voice, and the earth melted.
Psa 46:7 Yahweh of Armies is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Psa 46:8 Come, see Yahweh's works, what desolations he has made in the earth.
Psa 46:9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth. He breaks the bow, and shatters the spear. He burns the chariots in the fire.
Psa 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth."
Psa 46:11 Yahweh of Armies is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Psa 47:1 Oh clap your hands, all you nations. Shout to God with the voice of triumph!
Psa 47:2 For Yahweh Most High is awesome. He is a great King over all the earth.
Psa 47:3 He subdues nations under us, and peoples under our feet.
Psa 47:4 He chooses our inheritance for us, the glory of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.
Psa 47:5 God has gone up with a shout, Yahweh with the sound of a trumpet.
Psa 47:6 Sing praise to God, sing praises. Sing praises to our King, sing praises.
Psa 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth. Sing praises with understanding.
Psa 47:8 God reigns over the nations. God sits on his holy throne.
Psa 47:9 The princes of the peoples are gathered together, the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God. He is greatly exalted!

Psa 48:1 Great is Yahweh, and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, in his holy mountain.
Psa 48:2 Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion, on the north sides, the city of the great King.
Psa 48:3 God has shown himself in her citadels as a refuge.
Psa 48:4 For, behold, the kings assembled themselves, they passed by together.
Psa 48:5 They saw it, then they were amazed. They were dismayed. They hurried away.
Psa 48:6 Trembling took hold of them there, pain, as of a woman in travail.
Psa 48:7 With the east wind, you break the ships of Tarshish.
Psa 48:8 As we have heard, so we have seen, in the city of Yahweh of Armies, in the city of our God. God will establish it forever. Selah.
Psa 48:9 We have thought about your loving kindness, God, in the midst of your temple.
Psa 48:10 As is your name, God, so is your praise to the ends of the earth. Your right hand is full of righteousness.
Psa 48:11 Let Mount Zion be glad! Let the daughters of Judah rejoice, Because of your judgments.
Psa 48:12 Walk about Zion, and go around her. Number its towers.
Psa 48:13 Mark well her bulwarks. Consider her palaces, that you may tell it to the next generation.
Psa 48:14 For this God is our God forever and ever. He will be our guide even to death.

Sept. 8
Psalms 49-51

Psa 49:1 Hear this, all you peoples. Listen, all you inhabitants of the world,
Psa 49:2 both low and high, rich and poor together.
Psa 49:3 My mouth will speak words of wisdom. My heart shall utter understanding.
Psa 49:4 I will incline my ear to a proverb. I will open my riddle on the harp.
Psa 49:5 Why should I fear in the days of evil, when iniquity at my heels surrounds me?
Psa 49:6 Those who trust in their wealth, and boast in the multitude of their riches--
Psa 49:7 none of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give God a ransom for him.
Psa 49:8 For the redemption of their life is costly, no payment is ever enough,
Psa 49:9 That he should live on forever, that he should not see corruption.
Psa 49:10 For he sees that wise men die; likewise the fool and the senseless perish, and leave their wealth to others.
Psa 49:11 Their inward thought is that their houses will endure forever, and their dwelling places to all generations. They name their lands after themselves.
Psa 49:12 But man, despite his riches, doesn't endure. He is like the animals that perish.
Psa 49:13 This is the destiny of those who are foolish, and of those who approve their sayings. Selah.
Psa 49:14 They are appointed as a flock for Sheol. Death shall be their shepherd. The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning. Their beauty shall decay in Sheol, far from their mansion.
Psa 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, for he will receive me. Selah.
Psa 49:16 Don't be afraid when a man is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased.
Psa 49:17 For when he dies he shall carry nothing away. His glory shall not descend after him.
Psa 49:18 Though while he lived he blessed his soul-- and men praise you when you do well for yourself--
Psa 49:19 he shall go to the generation of his fathers. They shall never see the light.
Psa 49:20 A man who has riches without understanding, is like the animals that perish.

Psa 50:1 The Mighty One, God, Yahweh, speaks, and calls the earth from sunrise to sunset.
Psa 50:2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.
Psa 50:3 Our God comes, and does not keep silent. A fire devours before him. It is very stormy around him.
Psa 50:4 He calls to the heavens above, to the earth, that he may judge his people:
Psa 50:5 "Gather my saints together to me, those who have made a covenant with me by sacrifice."
Psa 50:6 The heavens shall declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge. Selah.
Psa 50:7 "Hear, my people, and I will speak; Israel, and I will testify against you. I am God, your God.
Psa 50:8 I don't rebuke you for your sacrifices. Your burnt offerings are continually before me.
Psa 50:9 I have no need for a bull from your stall, nor male goats from your pens.
Psa 50:10 For every animal of the forest is mine, and the livestock on a thousand hills.
Psa 50:11 I know all the birds of the mountains. The wild animals of the field are mine.
Psa 50:12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
Psa 50:13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
Psa 50:14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Pay your vows to the Most High.
Psa 50:15 Call on me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
Psa 50:16 But to the wicked God says, "What right do you have to declare my statutes, that you have taken my covenant on your lips,
Psa 50:17 seeing you hate instruction, and throw my words behind you?
Psa 50:18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him, and have participated with adulterers.
Psa 50:19 "You give your mouth to evil. Your tongue frames deceit.
Psa 50:20 You sit and speak against your brother. You slander your own mother's son.
Psa 50:21 You have done these things, and I kept silent. You thought that the I was just like you. I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes.
Psa 50:22 "Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you into pieces, and there be none to deliver.
Psa 50:23 Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, and prepares his way so that I will show God's salvation to him."

Psa 51:1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness. According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions.
Psa 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity. Cleanse me from my sin.
Psa 51:3 For I know my transgressions. My sin is constantly before me.
Psa 51:4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in your sight; that you may be proved right when you speak, and justified when you judge.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. In sin my mother conceived me.
Psa 51:6 Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts. You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
Psa 51:7 Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean. Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Let me hear joy and gladness, That the bones which you have broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all of my iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Don't throw me from your presence, and don't take your holy Spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation. Uphold me with a willing spirit.
Psa 51:13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways. Sinners shall be converted to you.
Psa 51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation. My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
Psa 51:15 Lord, open my lips. My mouth shall declare your praise.
Psa 51:16 For you don't delight in sacrifice, or else I would give it. You have no pleasure in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Psa 51:18 Do well in your good pleasure to Zion. Build the walls of Jerusalem.
Psa 51:19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, in burnt offerings and in whole burnt offerings. Then they will offer bulls on your altar.
Sept. 6

1 Corinthians 2

1Co 2:1 When I came to you, brothers, I didn't come with excellence of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know anything among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 My speech and my preaching were not in persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
1Co 2:5 that your faith wouldn't stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1Co 2:6 We speak wisdom, however, among those who are full grown; yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nothing.
1Co 2:7 But we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the wisdom that has been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds for our glory,
1Co 2:8 which none of the rulers of this world has known. For had they known it, they wouldn't have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Co 2:9 But as it is written, "Things which an eye didn't see, and an ear didn't hear, which didn't enter into the heart of man, these God has prepared for those who love him."
1Co 2:10 But to us, God revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's Spirit.
1Co 2:12 But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that were freely given to us by God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual things.
1Co 2:14 Now the natural man doesn't receive the things of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can't know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he who is spiritual discerns all things, and he himself is judged by no one.
1Co 2:16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him?" But we have Christ's mind.

Sept. 7
1 Corinthians 3

1Co 3:1 Brothers, I couldn't speak to you as to spiritual, but as to fleshly, as to babies in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I fed you with milk, not with meat; for you weren't yet ready. Indeed, not even now are you ready,
1Co 3:3 for you are still fleshly. For insofar as there is jealousy, strife, and factions among you, aren't you fleshly, and don't you walk in the ways of men?
1Co 3:4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," aren't you fleshly?
1Co 3:5 Who then is Apollos, and who is Paul, but servants through whom you believed; and each as the Lord gave to him?
1Co 3:6 I planted. Apollos watered. But God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
1Co 3:8 Now he who plants and he who waters are the same, but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
1Co 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's farming, God's building.
1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another builds on it. But let each man be careful how he builds on it.
1Co 3:11 For no one can lay any other foundation than that which has been laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 But if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay, or stubble;
1Co 3:13 each man's work will be revealed. For the Day will declare it, because it is revealed in fire; and the fire itself will test what sort of work each man's work is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work remains which he built on it, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work is burned, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, but as through fire.
1Co 3:16 Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1Co 3:17 If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for God's temple is holy, which you are.
1Co 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone thinks that he is wise among you in this world, let him become a fool, that he may become wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He has taken the wise in their craftiness."
1Co 3:20 And again, "The Lord knows the reasoning of the wise, that it is worthless."
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours,
1Co 3:22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come. All are yours,
1Co 3:23 and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

Sept. 8
1 Corinthians 4

1Co 4:1 So let a man think of us as Christ's servants, and stewards of God's mysteries.
1Co 4:2 Here, moreover, it is required of stewards, that they be found faithful.
1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you, or by man's judgment. Yes, I don't judge my own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing against myself. Yet I am not justified by this, but he who judges me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each man will get his praise from God.
1Co 4:6 Now these things, brothers, I have in a figure transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to think beyond the things which are written, that none of you be puffed up against one another.
1Co 4:7 For who makes you different? And what do you have that you didn't receive? But if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
1Co 4:8 You are already filled. You have already become rich. You have come to reign without us. Yes, and I wish that you did reign, that we also might reign with you.
1Co 4:9 For, I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last of all, like men sentenced to death. For we are made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and men.
1Co 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You have honor, but we have dishonor.
1Co 4:11 Even to this present hour we hunger, thirst, are naked, are beaten, and have no certain dwelling place.
1Co 4:12 We toil, working with our own hands. When people curse us, we bless. Being persecuted, we endure.
1Co 4:13 Being defamed, we entreat. We are made as the filth of the world, the dirt wiped off by all, even until now.
1Co 4:14 I don't write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children.
1Co 4:15 For though you have ten thousand tutors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, I became your father through the Good News.
1Co 4:16 I beg you therefore, be imitators of me.
1Co 4:17 Because of this I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, even as I teach everywhere in every assembly.
1Co 4:18 Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you.
1Co 4:19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord is willing. And I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.
1Co 4:20 For the Kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
1Co 4:21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?

No comments:

Post a Comment