July 15, 2020

A Faint Star Flames & Falls by Jim McGuiggan


http://theabidingword.com/logos/index.html

A Faint Star Flames & Falls

O SOMEWHERE, somewhere, God unknown,
Exist and be!
I am dying; I am all alone;
I must have Thee!
God! God! my sense, my soul, my all
Dies in the cry:
Sawest thou the faint star flame and fall?
Ah! It was I.

A tormented soul (Frederick Myers) wrote that many years ago.

Paul says Christians war against principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual hosts of wickedness in invisible realms and are in dire need of protection by God (Ephesians 6). He himself in that section confesses a desperate need for prayers on his behalf, armored or not.

And what of those who have not accepted God’s full protection? Those of whom our Blessed Savior said: “They don’t know what they’re doing”?
What can, what will, we do for them…for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment