October 10, 2022

10 Bible Admonitions To Encourage Us by Ken Weliever, The Preacherman


https://thepreachersword.com/2020/03/20/10-bible-admonitions-to-encourage-us/#more-15690

10 Bible Admonitions To Encourage Us

During these unusual and unprecedented times, people are turning to many sources for information and direction.

The current crisis caused by the global pandemic of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is evoking feelings of worry, fear and even panic. The unknown and rapidly changing situation feeds our desire to know what is happening. And what will happen in the future.

Government leaders from the President down to local officials are dispensing information on a daily basis. Some are keeping their televisions on to cable news stations to be updated when breaking news occurs.

During this time, I hope you are receiving assurance, strength and comfort from God’s Word. Listening to God speak to you will sooth your soul, mitigate your worries and calm your fears.

Here are some passages for you to read, meditate on and pray about for the next 10 days.

Friday
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:6-7)

Saturday
“Do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matt 6:31-34)

Sunday
“Be strong and courageous…The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid or dismayed” (Deut. 31:6-7).

Monday:
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
(Ps 27:1)

Tuesday
“God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:7)

Wednesday:
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”
(Heb 11:6)

Thursday:
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea…” (Ps 46:1).

Friday:
“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matt 10:28)

Saturday:
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10

Sunday
Embrace Jesus’ comforting promise to the apostles as he stood in the shadow of the cross and its suffering. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27).

Finally, remember our God is more powerful than the unseen enemy arousing our worries. No, I don’t mean the Coronavirus. I’m talking about the Devil. He’s the one who will “never let a crisis go to waste.”

Resist Satan’s temptation to feed your fears. Nourish your mind and heart with the bread of life. More than ever you need spiritual sustenance to strengthen you and your family.

Peter promises that we’ve been given everything that “pertains to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue.” (2 Pet. 1:3)

Finally, this bonus passage from one of my favorite and most comforting texts.

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom. 8:37-39)

Stay strong.

We’re praying for you.

God bless.

–Ken Weliever, The Preacherman

No comments:

Post a Comment