March 14, 2013

From Gary... more than just a song on a wall



This song hangs on my study wall.  It is a reminder of the birth of my first granddaughter- Amanda.  At that time, she only had her mom and Linda and myself.  Right from the beginning, I wanted her to know that she was loved, so I put some of my own words to "Jesus, loves you".  It was, and has been for 23 years now, a very special thing between us.  I read (or sing) it occasionally  to remind myself to care for others- and I think of her.  I am reminded of these verses from the Bible...

Matthew, Chapter 19
  13  Then little children were brought to him, that he should lay his hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, “Allow the little children, and don’t forbid thm to come to me; for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to ones like these.”

God cares for those who can not care for themselves. My daughter made the correct choice and had her baby and to this day I believe God influenced her heart for life and NOT ABORTION.   And the blessing continues...

PS.  Many thanks to brother Alan Mullens for putting the song into a musical notation format.  Something I never learned to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment